Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: That feeling of impending doom....

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreTheBorg View Post
    Seems to be the consensus of a number of clans here in Master 2. In my 4 months in M2 I have encountered 8 clans, all level 2 or 3 clans, with rosters that would struggle in Crystal 2. They seem to get initially ranked in M2 despite being way too weak for that league. These 8 clans I have stuck 90 on 6 of them and 88 on the other one. The war I will start in four hours will be be a complete joke and a 90-2 whitewash. A clan that would struggle in Silver 2. Basically a clan with 2 TH12s (very rushed), 1 TH9, 3 TH8s, 9 TH7s and the other 15 TH6 or below. Half of their bases I will only need heroes to beat them. But the two TH12's they have will walk away with 389 medals and be able to start a new clan and do it all again next season.
    That's weird, IIRC when we started CWL (late, 1 yr ago ?) we got placed in Gold 1 ? Do they take over existing clans, or is there some mechanics I don't know about in which League new clans start ?

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreTheBorg View Post
    Seems to be the consensus of a number of clans here in Master 2. In my 4 months in M2 I have encountered 8 clans, all level 2 or 3 clans, with rosters that would struggle in Crystal 2. They seem to get initially ranked in M2 despite being way too weak for that league. These 8 clans I have stuck 90 on 6 of them and 88 on the other one. The war I will start in four hours will be be a complete joke and a 90-2 whitewash. A clan that would struggle in Silver 2. Basically a clan with 2 TH12s (very rushed), 1 TH9, 3 TH8s, 9 TH7s and the other 15 TH6 or below. Half of their bases I will only need heroes to beat them. But the two TH12's they have will walk away with 389 medals and be able to start a new clan and do it all again next season.
    I think it more likely those clans have radically changed their makeup than getting ranked there initially with that makeup.

    They probably started playing 15v15, with mostly TH12+ to get ranked in M2. Then some of those high level players left, and they switched to 30v30, and they end up with a roster that just doesn't belong there.

    I am surprised you are seeing that many though, no matter how they ended up there. In 15v15, we just aren't seeing that, even in M3, never mind M2.

  3. #23
    Forum Champion joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    5,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I think it more likely those clans have radically changed their makeup than getting ranked there initially with that makeup.

    They probably started playing 15v15, with mostly TH12+ to get ranked in M2. Then some of those high level players left, and they switched to 30v30, and they end up with a roster that just doesn't belong there.

    I am surprised you are seeing that many though, no matter how they ended up there. In 15v15, we just aren't seeing that, even in M3, never mind M2.
    Makes sense.. There is an algo that places clans initially into a tier.. And its usually reported that it places the clan above their competitive level in many cases.
    We saw a heavy clan not so long ago posting they only made Masters 2 tho..

    Luck of the draw can be a big thing..
    In a tier populated with heavy 12s and 13s, then a lightweight will be a novelty..
    Drawing one every season for 2 months is astounding, considering that line up is only going to see one season before the drop.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I think it more likely those clans have radically changed their makeup than getting ranked there initially with that makeup.

    They probably started playing 15v15, with mostly TH12+ to get ranked in M2. Then some of those high level players left, and they switched to 30v30, and they end up with a roster that just doesn't belong there.

    I am surprised you are seeing that many though, no matter how they ended up there. In 15v15, we just aren't seeing that, even in M3, never mind M2.
    Looking at the eight clans, five of them did start out as 15v15 and they were in Master 1 with 15 TH13 rosters. Encountered them much weaker in second seasons. However the three that were having their first season in CWL had rosters of around 10 TH13, 10 TH12, 10 TH11. This is what you expect in a 30v30 down in Crystal 1/2. Their initial ranking seems to be on their top 15 players rather than taking into factor they are 30v30 and ranking the top 30 players and placing them accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Drawing one every season for 2 months is astounding, considering that line up is only going to see one season before the drop.


    Actually its drawing 2 for 4 months so if 1 for 2 months astounds you, I would hate to see what that does.

    Had 2 in January Season. They finished with a star differential of -288 and -424 so they were getting smacked by 40 to 60 stars per war on average. Only 1 in February Season.
    That one finished with a star differential of -310 so they were getting smacked by 45 stars per war on average. Had 3 of them in March Season. They finished with a star differential of -202, -230 and -419. One of them didn't get demoted despite the other 5 clans basically smacking them by 50+ per war. This season got 2 of them. They are looking like getting smacked as well. One by maybe -250 and the other -550.

    The frequency of them is quite alarming.
    Last edited by WeAreTheBorg; April 6th, 2021 at 11:55 AM.

  5. #25
    Forum Champion joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    5,000
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreTheBorg View Post
    Looking at the eight clans, five of them did start out as 15v15 and they were in Master 1 with 15 TH13 rosters. Encountered them much weaker in second seasons. However the three that were having their first season in CWL had rosters of around 10 TH13, 10 TH12, 10 TH11. This is what you expect in a 30v30 down in Crystal 1/2. Their initial ranking seems to be on their top 15 players rather than taking into factor they are 30v30 and ranking the top 30 players and placing them accordingly.



    Actually its drawing 2 for 4 months so if 1 for 2 months astounds you, I would hate to see what that does.

    Had 2 in January Season. They finished with a star differential of -288 and -424 so they were getting smacked by 40 to 60 stars per war on average. Only 1 in February Season.
    That one finished with a star differential of -310 so they were getting smacked by 45 stars per war on average. Had 3 of them in March Season. They finished with a star differential of -202, -230 and -419. One of them didn't get demoted despite the other 5 clans basically smacking them by 50+ per war. This season got 2 of them. They are looking like getting smacked as well. One by maybe -250 and the other -550.

    The frequency of them is quite alarming.
    Of course it is, silly me.
    We have seen two light clans this season down in Crystal 2.. So a migration going on it would appear.
    But if they seeded so high, then something gone seriously wrong with the system.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    50
    Welcome to any league below masters 1. They should just rename it hell week instead of clw. Its the most unenjoyable experience for most non th13 clans.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Of course it is, silly me.
    We have seen two light clans this season down in Crystal 2.. So a migration going on it would appear.
    But if they seeded so high, then something gone seriously wrong with the system.
    Clan I faced today was lighter than helium. 2 TH12, 1 TH8, 7 TH7 and the rest TH6 or less. Have you seen what a level 25 RC does to a TH6. It's not pretty LOL. Had 27 war attacks today where I used nothing but heroes. Quickest 3 star attack was 18 seconds LOL

  8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by BillCat View Post
    Welcome to any league below masters 1. They should just rename it hell week instead of clw. Its the most unenjoyable experience for most non th13 clans.
    Can you post a link to the poll of such clans showing that was true for "most"?

    Or do you just mean it is the most unenjoyable experience for your clan? There will, of course, be others, not just yours. But to say "most" you must have some evidence for that.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Can you post a link to the poll of such clans showing that was true for "most"?

    Or do you just mean it is the most unenjoyable experience for your clan? There will, of course, be others, not just yours. But to say "most" you must have some evidence for that.
    Ok to appease ur 'sensibilities'. I'm going by my th8, my th9, my th10 and my th11, and all the different clans they have done them in and all the people I have met who feel just as I do. There is nothing enjoyable about hugely lopsided matchups , whatever side u r on. Are u disagreeing with that the matchups r ridiculous? I know there's no match making so b4 u go on about that, it doesn't matter why we face other clans, it's just how it is. Hopefully that eases ur sense of literalness.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreTheBorg View Post
    Clan I faced today was lighter than helium. 2 TH12, 1 TH8, 7 TH7 and the rest TH6 or less. Have you seen what a level 25 RC does to a TH6. It's not pretty LOL. Had 27 war attacks today where I used nothing but heroes. Quickest 3 star attack was 18 seconds LOL
    It seems CWL15 and CWL30 are two completely different beasts. First, rational people do 15 because the rewards are better (same # of bonuses, half the people to share them with) and the cost (CC + organization) are lower. Plus most clans are not in a state to line up 30 good + reliable + high-level players, so 30 has that "as long as it fogs a mirror (and even if it doesn't but doesn't smell too bad)" vibe ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •