Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why are we given 2 scrolls in Gregs final Easter gift when we dont need them?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbitly View Post
    Then you must be very lucky. I did not buy 1 (or 2?) of the farmpasses, but I took every other opportunity and I still have many many more pieces of land that are still locked. I feel like it's not divided equally. Most of my derbies I have 0 scroll, in the Valley Im happy if I get 1.

So yes, to me that sounds odd.
    First of all I assume you play all derby every derby at champion league level to maximize the amount of permits you can get. If youre in the lowest league or miss derbies there are missed opportunities (just as an example).

But let me say this. If you select a permit every time the opportunity presents itself this doesnt equal what Cowslips said about taking every opportunity to gather them.

Do / did you re-roll derby rewards if theres only 1 or no scrolls in there ?
    Quite a lot of people really hunting hard for scrolls re-roll the derby rewards several times to try and get the maximum amount of permits. These people also know how many permits you can get in a derby and in which columns they can show up.

(Sorry I couldnt tell you these exact numbers and columns because I dont know. Im not in that much of a hurry and generally do not re-roll derby rewards. Im too cheap to spend diamonds there. And if you look at my farm youd see I have a whole lot of permit land left to open. I also havent played derby for a stretch of almost a year. So Im way behind on permits and not in a hurry)

Did you do the 5 boats every time there was a permit boat event ?
    Quite a lot of people do.
    (I certainly did not. Permit or not I refuse to do ridiculous boats and I didnt call in boats to get all 5 done either. Its such a slow process that Ive decided not to be in a hurry.)

Do you do extra WOF spins when theres a permit to try and get more. Some gamble on a few extra spins.
    (Again I do not but as I said Im a loooonng way off)

anywho this was meant to illustrate what a player can do to increase the permits they obtain. Some players do and some players dont. It all boils down to preferences and playing styles.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    On the Forum until the lights are turned off
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbitly View Post
    Then you must be very lucky. I did not buy 1 (or 2?) of the farmpasses, but I took every other opportunity and I still have many many more pieces of land that are still locked. I feel like it's not divided equally. Most of my derbies I have 0 scroll, in the Valley Im happy if I get 1.

So yes, to me that sounds odd.
    I have always used diamonds to shuffle horseshoe prizes until I was able to collect 2 permits (or 5 if it was in a bunny derby). Doing that every week soon increased my stock. I also spent diamonds on permit events - such as boats - so that I got the maximum available.

As I said, nothing odd or fishy.

I appreciate that not all players can - or want to - use diamonds in that way, of course.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Kat

Oh and permits appear in columns 4 and 7 in regular derbies. They can also appear in all 3 bunny columns on a bunny derby.
    Last edited by Cowslips; April 6th, 2021 at 02:37 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    @Kaptain Kat & Cowslips

THX for your explanations. They are very informative.

Ok, I must admit, I try to play all derbys, most in CL, but sometimes I miss a derby, because there are several I don't like. For example mystery-derby. And I refuse to re-roll derby rewards by spending diamonds.

On the other side I use every opportunity to gather permits. And altough I don't like ships I've always dealt with them when SC made an boat-permit-event. Especially due to the introduction of the farmpass, the possibilities to get permits have become rarer. There has been no boat event for a long time.

But overall it isn't enough. And in my opinion it is too hard to get those items. Sometimes I think I'm in the grave before reaching all needed permits. It's frustrating, really.

Just my 2cents....
    Last edited by donkeyfan; April 6th, 2021 at 02:58 PM.
    "Etiam tacere est respondere" [Unknown author]

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Ha! As you see from Cowslips post the professional permit collectors know exactly how many permits you can get and where. I wasnt sure on the info because I havent been focussed on them in the slightest.

Anywho. Between Cowslips and myself here you have 2 totally different playing styles and approaches to the game and it illustrates the results perfectly. Cowslips is done with the permit land. And if I counted correctly just now I have 26 plots of permit land left!
    I have had a long derby hiatus, I dont do re-rolls for more permits in the derby or call in boats for events. Ive reconciled with this being a long haul stretch that instead of being demotivated and getting frustrated Ive just not added this on my goal list. It will get done one day.

It all boils comes down to the choices one makes in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyfan View Post

But overall it isn't enough. And in my opinion it is too hard to get those items. Sometimes I think I'm in the grave before reaching all needed permits. It's frustrating, really.

Just my 2cents....
    Well, we cant influence that Im afraid. It is a painstakingly slow process but it is made such on purpose. In the past as soon as they added new land some players hoarded hundreds of expansion items finished in a week or two and after a month started screaming for more land. They cant keep adding land indefinitely so they need to keep people busy. As long as theyre working on permit land the requests for more land has dropped. Its already getting to be a pain to find that 1 tree or bush hiding on an overgrown jungle farm. Plus there will be limits to how big the game can be and still support enough devices. You wouldnt want them to suddenly drop the support of anything thats over 1 year old for example.

I too sometimes wish it was faster but I deliberately decided not to get fussed over it otherwise I get frustrated.

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Well, we can’t influence that I’m afraid.
    Cap your puzzle piece and blueprint for more permits in Valley. That's what I do anyway and I probably should not repeat it often.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Cap your puzzle piece and blueprint for more permits in Valley. That's what I do anyway and I probably should not repeat it often.
    Yes true thats a very good idea. And it may help to a degree. (Until they release more sanctuary animals of course )
    nevertheless its a small drop in a tiny ocean. And wont extremely increase the collection rate of those thinking its way too slow.

And yes my blueprints and puzzle pieces are capped currently.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

My game style (and that of my hoodmates) falls into the category of wanting to open, catch and master everything as quickly as possible. And having said that the only extra diamonds I used to gain the scrolls was to respin the derby rewards enough times to gain the maximum scrolls possible. I did not purchase any from any special offer pack.

Farm 292 - Town 96

Barn 15,300 - Silo 14,100
    kik: perky76