Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Engineered bases

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It doesn't seem unlikely to me at all.

Anything in place gets the upgrades you make.

Anything newly placed does NOT automatically get placed on the Legends Layout - or war layout.

It is quite easy to forget this, and fail to update your stored Legends layout.

So you can have everything maxed, and have the scatters placed on the layout you see all the time, and they will not be there when your base is attacked in LL, but everything else will still be maxed.

Go visit the player. The base you see when you visit is the one he sees when he logs in. If the scatters are there, then he has just forgotten to update his LL layout.
    Darn. Dropped off the bottom of my list so we will never know...
    whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    once you start to rack up a decent win streak, you need to avoid hunters.
    This is getting more and more intresting. Hunters? Is this like other engineers who hunt clans that have big win streaks? Tell me more. I am like Alice in Wonderland. This is like some paralleal clashverse to my own that we are talking here. Because as I said earlier our clan has not matched engineers for like 2 or more years ( stopped matching them right after the MM change ).

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolg View Post
    This is getting more and more intresting. Hunters? Is this like other engineers who hunt clans that have big win streaks? Tell me more. I am like Alice in Wonderland. This is like some paralleal clashverse to my own that we are talking here. Because as I said earlier our clan has not matched engineers for like 2 or more years ( stopped matching them right after the MM change ).
    I'm guessing he's just referring to people who hear about the clan's notorious win streak and form a clan with the sole motive of trying to take the engineering clan down.

Our last war we matched a clan with 2 single cannon only defenceless th10 bases to our th9s. War ended in a tie but yeah, old style engineered bases still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    I'm guessing he's just referring to people who hear about the clan's notorious win streak and form a clan with the sole motive of trying to take the engineering clan down.
    Yep, and at times use a lot of gems, books, etc. to get more powerful after the match is made. They can search the streaks on the sites that show them and even try to see the roster used to create a very similar roster to try to match.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpSmash View Post
    Our last war we matched a clan with 2 single cannon only defenceless th10 bases to our th9s. War ended in a tie but yeah, old style engineered bases still exist.
    exist, yes. give advantage in classic war or CWL, not so much. There are clans out there that don't seem to grasp the fact that it's not working anymore.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; April 2nd, 2021 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolg View Post
    Yes, I've heard stories of a win streak clan accepting a new member. That new member then turned out to be a great attacker, helping out winning a couple of wars. Then, the next war, there is an absurdly fast match. Just before the war starts, the new(ish) member leaves the clan after the match leaving a war base with all the defenses on the outside, with the walls spelling "Hunted" in the middle. The other clan that matched spent the prep day using books/gems/hammers to upgrade their base to the point where they have a serious advantage over the win streak clan. Bye bye win streak.

This is indeed a "parallel clashverse". While engineering is not dead, it's not the game-breaking problem it used to be because it takes far more work and dedication to do it well. Before the matchmaking changes, the "cut-and-paste" engineering was so easy to do, you'd run into such a clan 90% of the time. Today, it's rare to run into a well-engineered clan.