Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Engineered bases

Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    the bad engineering is where people never add buildings to their war bases form day one so they get matched with someone 2 town halls lower than them.
    This tactic has no effect any more as defensive war weight is based on all the buildings you have regardless of whether they were ever placed or not. This did not use to be the case but was changed years ago.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StanDadVille View Post
    I got a 3* in Legends yesterday vs a maxed base and was pretty pleased til I realised it had no scattershots so, definitely, people are still engineering. Whether it gives an overall advantage still depends on their attacking skills
    How in the hubaloo does not having a scatter shot at th13 make it engineered or anything that needs to be mentioned in an engineering discussion. The scatter doesn't come with the TH upgrade, maybe they finished the upgrade that day, maybe they are taking other things to top levels before adding that. oh my..

-me

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    From a quite focused engineered clan, what most of poster here think of "engineering" by using one cannon or minimax is very obsolete, and any decent engineered clan should never use it in the last 3 years, because as Josh, Piper and Ajax said today Matchmaking algorithm is quite good to match you with similar clan, so to do proper engineering you need to do it differently and thinking for the whole roster.
    This is intresting. Checked the link and wow 496 win streak. And I thought engineering is dead. But it seems that it has just vanished from my clans radar, because in normal wars ( 10vs10 or 15vs15 ) we have usually 4-6 max th13 accos at the top and we are no longer a target for engineering clans. Is it as Josh said in earlier post that target for engineers is ( big 40vs40?) rushed clans these days? No th 12s or th13s in the roster? Can you tell me more of the modern engineering tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Why is that "still engineering"?

Apart from anything else, it could be a mistake by him. Maybe he has them on his home base, but doesn't realise that once you set a base for legends, if you place new defences, they don't get placed on that base.

Or maybe he just wants to see whether he can stay in Legends without them

It seems odd fr somebody deliberately engineering to have a base that high. Too much work progressing it and keeping it there to be worth it.
    you think that people who have maxed every other structure and troop at TH13 would somehow forget to place their scattershots on the field or use an old layout that didnít have them? No disrespect but that seems incredibly unlikely to me. Much more likely that they have left them off, either to prove something to themselves, to game the clan order on war or to hopefully gain some advantage over opposing clans. Not saying it has any such effect on the latter but that doesnít stop people trying things...
    whatever

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsJustMe View Post
    How in the hubaloo does not having a scatter shot at th13 make it engineered or anything that needs to be mentioned in an engineering discussion. The scatter doesn't come with the TH upgrade, maybe they finished the upgrade that day, maybe they are taking other things to top levels before adding that. oh my..

-me
    Keep you hair on mate. No need for such over reaction
    whatever

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolg View Post
    This is intresting. Checked the link and wow 496 win streak. And I thought engineering is dead. But it seems that it has just vanished from my clans radar, because in normal wars ( 10vs10 or 15vs15 ) we have usually 4-6 max th13 accos at the top and we are no longer a target for engineering clans. Is it as Josh said in earlier post that target for engineers is ( big 40vs40?) rushed clans these days? No th 12s or th13s in the roster? Can you tell me more of the modern engineering tactics?
    We usually war using TH10-13 with 6-9 th13 and 8-10 th12, some our war log is visible in cocp.it, so we do war with heavy bases, we just make sure we have enough advantage most of the time by facing casuals, we do match max 13s every few wars also, but in 40v it does not really matter
    https://cocp.it/clan/L8VLPP80

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

you think that people who have maxed every other structure and troop at TH13 would somehow forget to place their scattershots on the field or use an old layout that didn’t have them? No disrespect but that seems incredibly unlikely to me. Much more likely that they have left them off, either to prove something to themselves, to game the clan order on war or to hopefully gain some advantage over opposing clans. Not saying it has any such effect on the latter but that doesn’t stop people trying things...
    To be fair, I see similar in my own clan.
    They pile on the upgrades but hold back on the key defensive structure for the hall level.

Sure, it keeps their personal weight down, and thus affects their position on the war map..
    That map position shouldnt affect whom hits what in war, but in a more casual clan it does.. and not necessarily because they hit mirrors.. It is often a pecking order, or portioning off responsibility.

A clan containing somebody that studies war rosters should know better than to leave out key defenses, because it does far more harm to the war effort due to their omission than the extra bit weight they would add to the spin..
    But I can only advise.. i dont do everybody's upgrade plan

That guy probably thinks he is playing smart by leaving the scatters on the shelf..
    But 10k gold weight (approx) extra added to the clans total war weight is really insignificant.. Is even the chance they would draw exactly the same opponent.. Those scatters could easily save that 3rd star.. and that could well be the star that wins or loses the war.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #68
    you think that people who have maxed every other structure and troop at TH13 would somehow forget to place their scattershots on the field or use an old layout that didn’t have them? No disrespect but that seems incredibly unlikely to me. Much more likely that they have left them off, either to prove something to themselves, to game the clan order on war or to hopefully gain some advantage over opposing clans. Not saying it has any such effect on the latter but that doesn’t stop people trying things...
    It doesn't seem unlikely to me at all.

Anything in place gets the upgrades you make.

Anything newly placed does NOT automatically get placed on the Legends Layout - or war layout.

It is quite easy to forget this, and fail to update your stored Legends layout.

So you can have everything maxed, and have the scatters placed on the layout you see all the time, and they will not be there when your base is attacked in LL, but everything else will still be maxed.

Go visit the player. The base you see when you visit is the one he sees when he logs in. If the scatters are there, then he has just forgotten to update his LL layout.
    Last edited by Ajax; March 31st, 2021 at 10:00 AM.

you think that people who have maxed every other structure and troop at TH13 would somehow forget to place their scattershots on the field or use an old layout that didnít have them? No disrespect but that seems incredibly unlikely to me. Much more likely that they have left them off, either to prove something to themselves, to game the clan order on war or to hopefully gain some advantage over opposing clans. Not saying it has any such effect on the latter but that doesnít stop people trying things...
    Yes, it happens all the time with more casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolg View Post
    Engineering is not dead, but it takes much more thought and effort, and requires careful planning across the whole roster. Few clans are able to successfully do this.

The old cut-and-paste engineering was game-breaking, because it was easy to replicate, and many, many clans were doing it. Nowadays, facing a well engineered clan might ruin one war for you, but you'll only see them few and far between, so it's no longer game breaking.

As far as discussing tactics, you need to have an extremely focused clan to pull it off, if not, you're wasting your time. Well engineered clans can't have much turnover (in players, they do swap bases out), as once you start to rack up a decent win streak, you need to avoid hunters.