Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Engineered bases

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by shielded View Post
    Agree very cheap way to gain advantage. Usually a huge unfair advantage.
    Three years ago, that was very true.

There was a point where our clan won just one war in 25 due to those clans.

But it is simply no longer true. It is not an easy or cheap way to gain an advantage, because most of the time now you will meet other engineered clans. I honestly can't remember the last time we came up against an engineered clan.

And remember, the only "old style" engineered bases that even exist now are TH11 or lower that haven't gone up a TH for 3 years. So they really wouldn't be of much benefit in wars with significant numbers of TH13s anyhow. And they are actively disadvantageous in CWL.

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Engineered bases still exist.

But matchmaking has improved enough that they rarely give any significant advantage any more. And normal clans without engineered bases will rarely meet them.
    Um, we do. In normal wars, because we run 9-13.

Right now our opponent has a TH11 at the bottom of the map with maxed walls, storages, and solid heroes including Warden. If his bombs and traps are maxed as well.... So our 9 who can’t use a siege machine and is laughing at him for not having any defences might have a surprise. (Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised there, but I’m not optimistic.)

Our 2 10s can use a machine, so might have better luck if they can deal with the cc and warden, AND don’t run out of time.

But I have a feeling it will take a few attacks to clear it. On the other hand, that account can donate maxed troops and use theirs to clear any of our bottom (I think seven) bases that are 9-11.

But it’s bad enough that our 9s and 10s have to sit out all of CWL. I don’t want them out of regular wars, too. They have to have some way to have some fun with war and grow their experience.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post

Right now our opponent has a TH11 at the bottom of the map with maxed walls, storages, and solid heroes including Warden. If his bombs and traps are maxed as well.... So our 9 who can’t use a siege machine and is laughing at him for not having any defences might have a surprise. (Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised there, but I’m not optimistic.)

Our 2 10s can use a machine, so might have better luck if they can deal with the cc and warden, AND don’t run out of time.

But I have a feeling it will take a few attacks to clear it. On the other hand, that account can donate maxed troops and use theirs to clear any of our bottom (I think seven) bases that are 9-11.

But it’s bad enough that our 9s and 10s have to sit out all of CWL. I don’t want them out of regular wars, too. They have to have some way to have some fun with war and grow their experience.
    We have a current war (15 v 15) where our bottom 3 bases are TH10 while they have nothing below TH11, but it isn't engineering. They just have rather rushed TH11s. None of those bottom 3 have AQ or BK above 30 or much in the way of decent troops. Though in recent wars it is unusual for us even to be seeing that much disparity in TH levels.

Pro Member

My clan always wars. We ran a roster from 9-13 and now from 10-13. The engineered bases we run across are few and far between. Most of the time the clan isn't even engineering, they just have an oddball base. From my experience the matchmaker is working fine.

Our last war we had th9-13 roster and our opponent had a th5 at bottom. So some roster engineering going there but it does not really help a lot.

Yeah, we do as well, in regular wars, no engineering going on in our clans... but some are hell bent on just saying something else, stating that their truth is the truth and kind of nothing else matters....

We started out with our TH8 through TH11 and one 12 and one 13 in gold somewhere in CWL, our third CWL, just to have them active and not bummed out for not being in CWL ... now we have some nice 'fighters' and we're stuck in crystal II... where the TH8 and 9 have to sit out also and the 10 and 11 face uphill battles all the way ... but they like it much better than not playing their best and going lower that way ... and who am I to tell them to not give it their all ...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolg View Post
    Our last war we had th9-13 roster and our opponent had a th5 at bottom. So some roster engineering going there but it does not really help a lot.
    The only instance i think it would be worth putting a th5 in war is to be inclusive and give the lil guy a seat at the table.

If it’s done to roster engineer, I can’t see a scenario where the impact is going to be dramatic enough that giving away three stars could be beneficial.

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    I’m not fussed about it. These bases existed before and are still going to be in play as long as the account owners play them.

A couple of our players tried making defenceless bases way back, but we found out about the engineering concept about year late when our friends’ clan who had done so was already some ridiculously high level and when there was all the uproar on here about engineering, lol. I still disagree that it’s “cheating”, but don’t need to start that debate again, haha. Anyway, our (free to play) ppl kind of realized it was pretty much a waste of time and effort to keep at them.

They can’t be made anymore, so that’s fine.

(Now we’ll just see the ones with all level one defenses.)
    Last edited by MommySnooks; March 28th, 2021 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

Banned
    Yes, and I have some of them. It isn't an advantage per se any longer. Everything is still based on weight. It is just the weight is much more reliant on your town hall level than it is anything else. Before, TH level was a large amount, but it was far outweighed by eagles and infernos being multiples of the town hall, so if you didn't have those things, you could have a war weight of a th8 or 9. Now the best you are going to pull is TH12.

My engineered th13 often sits down in the 12-13 range in our wars, which is the lowest 13, and there are 12's above it. It often gets wiped out by any decent attacker, but it's also a somewhat tricky base in that if it isn't attacked right, it can get 1 or 0 stars just as easily.

I don't put any th11's, 8's or 6's in wars, so those truly defenseless bases are just for clan games and nostalgia.

I have 20 bases, not all are maxed, some will never be more than what they are as long as they are able to sit there and collect dust.

The only thing that could be considered engineering is the th13's, which are all level 1 buildings and only archer, loon, dragon, baby drag, edrag, miner and healer maxed. Rage and haste are only thing maxed there, nothing above minion is unlocked in dark barracks. As I said, I take more losses than wins, but it is just a filler more than anything and an easy base to hit with when I have 4 other maxed bases to hit with at the top.

I also don't do any regular wars, only cwl, which isn't based on weight anyways, so is more of a disadvantage using them.

-me

It doesn’t matter much where on the map it is, that’s just defensive weight. It had offensive weight in the match too. You’re th9 should destroy it with drags, but even if it doesn't your th10 will.

Why refer to what that account can donate? Any th13 not in war can donate troops to offensive cc and you’re running a war with th13s so it’s irrelevant to defensive cc.

Almost always when we match a clan with a defenseless like that we have an advantage. Even toward the end of the engineer days it wasn’t a great account. A th9.11 was much better and still would be. If we don’t have an advantage when matching a defenseless these days it’s almost always because we put our own engineered account in.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.