Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Engineered bases

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Engineered bases still exist.

But matchmaking has improved enough that they rarely give any significant advantage any more. And normal clans without engineered bases will rarely meet them.

The only reason I am engineering a base(only prioritising offence) is for donations. Earlier, they were extremely powerful in wars, but now, they are just a weak base with no real advantage.

Made by, Be a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

But matchmaking has improved enough that they rarely give any significant advantage any more. And normal clans without engineered bases will rarely meet them.
    If I ever see an engineered base in multiplayer, they normally have lots of loot available, dead bases and easy to 3 star. I'm just wondering if there are active players in the game with engineered bases.
    Edit: How has matchmaking changed?
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; March 28th, 2021 at 10:37 AM.

You keep on saying this, have been for quite some time now ... but experience tells a different story. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    You keep on saying this, have been for quite some time now ... but experience tells a different story. Too bad.
    What kind of experience?

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolg View Post
    I thought engineering is basicly dead? No advantage in CWL and in normal wars you cannot have an engineered th12 or 13 only a rushed one. Because the rule of building all defences came when th12 came out? And the whole point was get an advantage at the top of the roster. Engineered th11 does not really help if there are th12s and 13s above it. Engineered th11 can ( perhaps, base dependant ) two star them but not triple. Of course the build all buildings rule also prevents people from building new engineered accos.
    There is a difference between engineering and rushing. Engineered doesn't mean 1 cannon only base it can be all level 1 defense also they upgrade select troops for attacking. Rushed are just that not having any offense advantage.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    I keep on saying it because it fits with both my experience and with what maby others are saying in these forums.

I don't know what your experience is, but it looks to be atypical, unless your clan runs some engineered bases.

Everything I have seen personally or read on here suggests that for the majority of clans with no engineered bases of their own, it is pretty much a dead issue.

I keep on saying it because it fits with both my experience and with what maby others are saying in these forums.

I don't know what your experience is, but it looks to be atypical, unless your clan runs some engineered bases.

Everything I have seen personally or read on here suggests that for the majority of clans with no engineered bases of their own, it is pretty much a dead issue.
    I am with Ajax in this. Do not see them in CWL or CW and have not seen them for few years now. Perhaps there is a problem if your top accos are th11 or lower?

Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    The thing is though supercell doesn't want people to get an advantage so a simple fix would just be to only take people's troop level and town hall level into account when doing a war match. Defences should not be considered because a perfect attacker will 3 star any base.
    Using only offense would result in very OP engineering, just different from what you think. Also, your analysis is off here because you treat it as though the engineer “matches” the other clan’s same number.

Engineering is very hard to do these days to get an advantage and has a lot to do with the full roster. Most times if you match engineers it’s because your own clan is engineering or you get an advantage.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Centennial Club
    Engineering was and still is a tactic/strategy. It has been deemed undesirable, hence the mandatory change in progression. Why should 'honest' clans be punished when they war against engineers? It's been long overdue to give them a disadvantage...
    Agree very cheap way to gain advantage. Usually a huge unfair advantage.