Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Engineered bases

Banned

Engineered bases

Do engineered bases still exist? What happens if you put them in a war; do they get maxed town halls based on their town hall level? Are they still as OP as before?

Yes they do (Supercell should have changed this a long time ago). If you put them in a war you will most likely not get a 'straight match' but a skewed one, and you definitely will have the advantage - if it is an engineered base and not just a rushed one.

If A TH9 doesn't have all TH8 buildings [as is mandatory and has been for a while now] they should be matched against at least a high th8 - they simply have had the chance to build and upgrade everything and it should NOT be the enemy clan that pays the price

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Yes they do (Supercell should have changed this a long time ago). If you put them in a war you will most likely not get a 'straight match' but a skewed one, and you definitely will have the advantage - if it is an engineered base and not just a rushed one.

If A TH9 doesn't have all TH8 buildings [as is mandatory and has been for a while now] they should be matched against at least a high th8 - they simply have had the chance to build and upgrade everything and it should NOT be the enemy clan that pays the price
    A good way to put engineered bases at a disadvantage would be to put an engineered town hall 9 against a max th9. That way engineered bases don't benefit.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    A good way to put engineered bases at a disadvantage would be to put an engineered town hall 9 against a max th9. That way engineered bases don't benefit.
    Only if their war weight is equal. War matchmaking is based on war weights rather than giving advantage or disadvantage to someone. And moreover how do you classify an engineered base. What if someone is new to a town hall and has not put his defences. Why should he be matched against a maxed town hall?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    Only if their war weight is equal. War matchmaking is based on war weights rather than giving advantage or disadvantage to someone. And moreover how do you classify an engineered base. What if someone is new to a town hall and has not put his defences. Why should he be matched against a maxed town hall?
    Engineering was and still is a tactic/strategy. It has been deemed undesirable, hence the mandatory change in progression. Why should 'honest' clans be punished when they war against engineers? It's been long overdue to give them a disadvantage...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Engineering was and still is a tactic/strategy. It has been deemed undesirable, hence the mandatory change in progression. Why should 'honest' clans be punished when they war against engineers? It's been long overdue to give them a disadvantage...
    I agree. There should be no fairness if someone plays the game the way supercell doesn't want to play them. Since offence is more important defence an engineered base with max troops for that TH level should go up against a maxed out base. This way it encourages those people not to play that way. At least people won't be forced but they just got the message that it is a bad idea.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    He shouldn't be because his troops are not maxed so the game knows he doesn't stand a chance. So he will go up against a mid town hall level for better matchmaking.

Engineered, or Selectively Rushed ?

In my (casual, mature) guild, the focus has shifted from plain Wars to League because League is more fun, more edgy, more rewarding; plus anyways we still need to upgrade heroes and do that in-between Leagues so we can't war well. In that context, I've been... engineering ? rushing ? 2 mini accounts because of recruitment issues: I'm moving them from max 11 straight to 13 only upgrading my attack (lab, CC, camps) and storages (but not heroes, no time) at both TH12 and TH13 and researching just one basic War army. Since CWL doesn't match on war weight, that's not quite engineering because the definition of engineering is "abusing" war weights, but still, its very similar in a different context. I'm reckoning that 11-faking-13 will be more productive than a true early 12.
    Last edited by obarthelemy; March 28th, 2021 at 09:27 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Engineered, or Selectively Rushed ?

In my (casual, mature) guild, the focus has shifted from plain Wars to League because League is more fun, more edgy, more rewarding; plus anyways we still need to upgrade heroes and do that in-between Leagues so we can't war well. In that context, I've been... engineering ? rushing ? 2 mini accounts because of recruitment issues: I'm moving them from max 11 straight to 13 only upgrading my attack (lab, CC, camps) and storages (but not heroes, no time) at both TH12 and TH13 and researching just one basic War army. Since CWL doesn't match on war weight, that's not quite engineering because the definition of engineering is "abusing" war weights, but still, its very similar in a different context. I'm reckoning that 11-faking-13 will be more productive than a true early 12.
    The thing is though supercell doesn't want people to get an advantage so a simple fix would just be to only take people's troop level and town hall level into account when doing a war match. Defences should not be considered because a perfect attacker will 3 star any base.

I thought engineering is basicly dead? No advantage in CWL and in normal wars you cannot have an engineered th12 or 13 only a rushed one. Because the rule of building all defences came when th12 came out? And the whole point was get an advantage at the top of the roster. Engineered th11 does not really help if there are th12s and 13s above it. Engineered th11 can ( perhaps, base dependant ) two star them but not triple. Of course the build all buildings rule also prevents people from building new engineered accos.