Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 65

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Th8 anti dragon base

  1. #41
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by BillCat View Post
    Lol it says hogs r just as OP as drags.. I use them too.. I use both, just depends what is in my camp.. FWIW lavaloon is unstoppable also. Not to mention witch slap... imo tho, drag/zap is the easiest to do, the other attacks are for sure OP, but they do take slightly more planning.. drags just bully thru the base with one air d left

    Th8 is a hot mess. Gotta love it.
    Th9 three stars a Th8 = th8 is a hot mess apparently.

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    Th9 three stars a Th8 = th8 is a hot mess apparently.
    Sorry.. my bad, I prob should not call it that. u don't actually need a hound I use all loons.. and I did get my accounts mixed up tho with witch slap.. sorry

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    I don't know... miraculously the great majority of the pro bases were getting attacked by hogs, not dragons. What does that say about those bases?
    Well. To make th8 competitive, the pros have to limit the amount of dragons they use. Also, to prove that they are different from the noobs, they use hogs as a sign to show that they are able to perform the more skilled method because it needs to be entertaining otherwise there won't be point. Try attacking the pro bases with dragons and they have no chance of defence if you are me at least.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by BillCat View Post
    Lol it says hogs r just as OP as drags.. I use them too.. I use both, just depends what is in my camp.. FWIW lavaloon is unstoppable also. Not to mention witch slap... imo tho, drag/zap is the easiest to do, the other attacks are for sure OP, but they do take slightly more planning.. drags just bully thru the base with one air d left

    Th8 is a hot mess. Gotta love it.
    Hogs are not OP it's just that many bases don't try to defend against hogs because too many people use dragons. Also, if they use hogs they probably are more skilled attackers anyway since hogs require more skill than dragons. Base designs are rubbish as well as attacks being strong at th8. If hogs were OP, level 2 hogs will be able to smash maxed th8s. Level 2 dragons can though (with the 8 lightnings) that's why I consider the dragons to be stronger.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by BillCat View Post
    There is no th8 safe from drags.. it's just not physically possible for a base to stop them when u zap out 2 air ds right off the bat.. I would three their bases all day long with drags
    That's what I said multiple times but people were saying that I am completely wrong. I haven't failed once yet with the OP dragon and lightning combo in 2021. I don't really agree with a lot of people.

  6. #46
    Pro Member eitiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Aww... I really wanted to see the anti dragon you used at th8. At least I was able to build a new war base that held up against 2 dragon attacks so far which is quite good.
    Here you wrote you finally were able to build a base that defends dragons sometimes. Youtube bases don't.
    Last edited by eitiel; April 5th, 2021 at 10:01 AM.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    Here you wrote you finally were able to build a base that defends dragons sometimes. Youtube bases don't.
    only 2 but they didn't have 8 lightning spells so I was safe.

  8. #48
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Well. To make th8 competitive, the pros have to limit the amount of dragons they use. Also, to prove that they are different from the noobs, they use hogs as a sign to show that they are able to perform the more skilled method because it needs to be entertaining otherwise there won't be point. Try attacking the pro bases with dragons and they have no chance of defence if you are me at least.
    This rebuttal makes zero sense. First, how can you assert that pro bases have no chance of defending dragons? Have you even tried attacking them? Also, there quite clearly were zap dragons attacks, but the great majority of the attackers chose not to use them. It was only with a well drawn up plan and the correct base could zap dragon succeed. Even against the bases that were tripled by zap drag, I daresay you could not replicate the attack and pull off the triple.
    It's complete baloney to say that pros did not use dragons because "they need to show their skill and be entertaining." These teams were playing to win. They are competing for prize money, not to show off.

  9. #49
    Pro Member eitiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    This rebuttal makes zero sense. First, how can you assert that pro bases have no chance of defending dragons? Have you even tried attacking them? Also, there quite clearly were zap dragons attacks, but the great majority of the attackers chose not to use them. It was only with a well drawn up plan and the correct base could zap dragon succeed. Even against the bases that were tripled by zap drag, I daresay you could not replicate the attack and pull off the triple.
    It's complete baloney to say that pros did not use dragons because "they need to show their skill and be entertaining." These teams were playing to win. They are competing for prize money, not to show off.
    They were also playing in level 1 clans, with TH8 level donations, and taking the 100% time as tiebreaker.

    My experience in random spins is that - I tried a few of the "pro/ESL" bases seen on youtube - none can defend zapdragons with a semi decent attacker. Conversely, you can make a purely anti-dragon base and at least fence off the dragon-spammers. The base will obviously result weak to hogs, or even gowipe and gowiva, but who cares if the attack I see 90% of the time is zap dragons. Exactly the same argument is valid for TH9 nowadays, with attackers taking out 2 air defenses, sui'ing another with the heroes and charging the last with a CC edrag (instead of an even more meaningful hound).

  10. #50
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    Thing is, semi-decent attackers are a rare occurrence at th8. Make your base difficult to three star with dragons and despite the strategy being so powerful you'll still be somewhat successful. Even at the higher halls you'll generally see subpar attackers, so why expect th8 to be any different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •