Thread: Question about leadership passing from inactive leader after 90 days...

Question about leadership passing from inactive leader after 90 days...

Hi all,

We recently had our temporary leader's brother transfer leadership to an inactive account as a 'joke'. I understand that the leadership will pass to the longest-serving co-leader if the current leader doesn't log on for 90 consecutive days.

My question is: does leadership pass to the longest-serving co-leader regardless of the state of the account, or does it pass to the longest-serving *active* co-leader? In other words, could it automatically pass to another inactive co-leader?
    We've kept a small number of inactive co-leaders for sentimental reasons, and I'm worried that leadership might have to pass through all of them before it reaches anyone active!

Very grateful for any and all advice!

It would pass to the longest serving co-leader regardless of whether the successor account is active or not. So if it transfers to yet another inactive account then you will have to wait another 90 days afterward until it rotates again. The rotation will continue until leadership transfers to an active co-leader.

And unfortunately supercell does not intervene in these matters, your clan will be forced to wait until leadership is transferred to an active account. If someone has access to whichever inactive account becomes leader then I highly recommend he/she try to log into it to get leadership back quicker.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; March 8th, 2021 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks very much - not the answer I was hoping for, but good to know that there's some sort of hope on the horizon, however distant! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Losttrnslation View Post
    Thanks very much - not the answer I was hoping for, but good to know that there's some sort of hope on the horizon, however distant! Thank you!
    No problem, good luck to you and your clan

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    It would pass to the longest serving co-leader regardless of whether the successor account is active or not. So if it transfers to yet another inactive account then you will have to wait another 90 days afterward until it rotates again. The rotation will continue until leadership transfers to an active co-leader.

And unfortunately supercell does not intervene in these matters, your clan will be forced to wait until leadership is transferred to an active account. If someone has access to whichever inactive account becomes leader then I highly recommend he/she try to log into it to get leadership back quicker.

Are you sure?
    Here are the update notes from April '19 when the change was brought in..
    Notice it distinctly says "next senior active Co Leader
    https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrJ...gPbKWohZMGIxA-

And here is the sequence of events leading up to the change, for those that are interested
    https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrJ...HW3J2wA07bfyo-