Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Invisibility Spell and the Queen Charge

Angry Invisibility Spell and the Queen Charge

I rather the Invisibility Spell was never a thing, it's totally garbage 8/10 times.

I have been using it ever since it came out and I maxed out the level for queen charges.

It's good in the sense it removes all aggro from Queen, but funneling? I don't whether this falls on part of the queen's sh*t AI or the invisibility spell. But whenever I drop an Invisibility Spell on an area of the building the Queen is attack, instead of going in the OPPOSITE direction, she will instead move farther ahead PAST the original buildings she was using.
    This happens 9/10 times I use it.

So I'm asking to either make the Invisibility Spell radius 1m or .5m wider, or fix the ai of the queen so she knows not to go towards the spell.

I never make posts/threads, but this has infuriated me to such a degree that I need to rant/complain about this nonsense.

To anyone who bothers to read this, would love to hear your thoughts, but before you do reply if you have never used the spell, don't do queen charges, or it's not maxed out, then don't bother because you can't have a proper opinion without using the spell several times while it's at its max potential.
    Last edited by Ajax; March 7th, 2021 at 04:55 PM.

I just find it interesting you're trying out using invisibility spell for your queen charges.
    Sounds pretty creative and wish you luck.

Quote Originally Posted by paulaldon View Post
    I rather the Invisibility Spell was never a thing, it's totally garbage 8/10 times.

I have been using it ever since it came out and I maxed out the level for queen charges.
    I don’t understand. Even if we assume (wrongly) that it has no use for queen charge, why wish it was never a thing when it is useful for other things?

It's good in the sense it removes all aggro from Queen, but funneling? I don't whether this falls on part of the queen's.. ...AI or the invisibility spell. But whenever I drop an Invisibility Spell on an area of the building the Queen is attack, instead of going in the OPPOSITE direction, she will instead move farther ahead PAST the original buildings she was using.
    The spell doesn’t just make her go the opposite way. The rule of three still applies to her target choice. If you say it almost always does the same thing, that suggests the AI is good and you can plan for it.

So I'm asking to ....fix the ....ai of the queen so she knows not to go towards the spell.
    I think you mean change the spell significantly not fix it since it was never designed to do what you ask here.

To anyone who bothers to read this, would love to hear your thoughts, but before you do reply if you have never used the spell, don't do queen charges, or it's not maxed out, then don't bother because you can't have a proper opinion without using the spell several times while it's at its max potential.
    Well, that’s not entirely true. People can understand the queen AI and rule of three without having a max queen or using invisibility spell for queen charges.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    I use invisi ilty spell for queen charge as well.

And also sometimes use it for funneling rather than protection.

It does work, but you do have to be careful just where you drop it. I have quite often had the same issue you have, but have also quite often got her to go the right way.

Millennial Club
    Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    I have experimented with it, but not extensively.
    And I have had similar experiences to Ajax.

It took me a while to work out what it does. To the troops it seems like a big hole of nothing, so of course the AQ will keep moving forward if the next target is on the other side of the spell. There is no compelling reason she should turn around.

What confuses me sometimes is that some troops (of mine) still get targeted even while in the spell, but it may be through splash damage which is already on its way.
    Last edited by BWBX; March 8th, 2021 at 12:09 PM.

It's good in the sense it removes all aggro from Queen, but funneling? I don't whether this falls on part of the queen's sh*t AI or the invisibility spell. But whenever I drop an Invisibility Spell on an area of the building the Queen is attack, instead of going in the OPPOSITE direction, she will instead move farther ahead PAST the original buildings she was using.

So I'm asking to either make the Invisibility Spell radius 1m or .5m wider, or fix the ai of the queen so she knows not to go towards the spell.

I never make posts/threads, but this has infuriated me to such a degree that I need to rant/complain about this nonsense.

Can you share a video of this behavior? It's likely that there's an easy explanation for the queen's behavior.

Millennial Club
    Interesting use of invis. I use it for RC....with the right layout...can clear a lot of big defenses with out getting touched. That challenge they gave, really brought that to my attention. Tool out half the base with the RC and the invis.