Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why has "hide online status" been ruled out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I thought Darian addressed the same question a while back with the reasons this was ruled out. If anyone can find that, it would answer the OP's question.

Lol. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Simply make all your clanmates friends and you can see who is online in your clan.
    Which is bypassing the system and likewise an 'accept that an other member can see you're online'-option.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Why do you believe it is ruled out generally?
    You can see how many people are online in clan.
    You can see which friends are online.

Simply make all your clanmates friends and you can see who is online in your clan.
    I did not ask to see how many people are online.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonaide View Post
    Would have been way more helpful for you to have said nothing at all!
    Not really, because it’s true. Ruled out doesn’t mean it could never happen (though some on the list never will). It can mean it is ruled out for now and there is no need for more discussion on it.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Idk why this is OP. If I were to guess it's probably a legacy policy implemented long ago and just kept on as the game changed.

It would be nice if at least the clan Leader could see who is on to assist with clan management (who is donating trash to war ccs; who isn't filling troop requests; etc).

Eg, "Hey ::insert name here::, I see YOU are the one putting lvl 3 wbs in war ccs. Clan mails said this isn't acceptable. Good bye."

As opposed to.. "Once again, can the person putting wbs in wars ccs PLEASE STOP!!".
    Then having to continue to deal with it because the person will never own up to it and won't stop doing it.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultGuy6 View Post
    Idk why this is OP.
    You know better than any ody else, since AFAIK nobody else has ever considered kt possible it could be. As the only person who thinks it could be, perhaps you could enlighten us to why?

If I were to guess it's probably a legacy policy implemented long ago and just kept on as the game changed.
    You guessed wrong, unsurprisingly, since you admit it was just a guess

It was only relatively recently it got added to the ruled out list. I can't remember exactly when, but it was since I became a mod here.

It would be nice if at least the clan Leader could see who is on to assist with clan management (who is donating trash to war ccs; who isn't filling troop requests; etc).

Eg, "Hey ::insert name here::, I see YOU are the one putting lvl 3 wbs in war ccs. Clan mails said this isn't acceptable. Good bye."

As opposed to.. "Once again, can the person putting wbs in wars ccs PLEASE STOP!!".
    Then having to continue to deal with it because the person will never own up to it and won't stop doing it.
    I can certainly see why people want it, but Supercell have repeatedly said they don't want to add it, including in one of the recent interviews with Darian.

Although the games are run independently I think it more likely they will remove it from other games than add it to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonaide View Post
    I did not ask to see how many people are online.
    Are you saying you don’t want your leader/friends to know when you are online?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

As stated before, if something is ruled out, it means they don’t want to add that feature at this time. They aren’t saying they never will unless they explicit say they never will (e.g. bringing back global chat). The reason why posts on ruled out topics are closed or removed is because that’s a forum policy on ruled out ideas.

I don’t see “hide online status” in the ruled out sticky, though the opposite “show online status” might be on the list.

Here are some tips to hide your online status and who it affects:

unfriend them (your former friends),

don’t chat, donate, or attack (your clanmates) (note: they’ll see someone is on but won’t know it’s you),

leave a clan (they’ll know you were online to leave though),

don’t attack (clanmates again and also anyone else who can observe your attacks),

log off (everyone).

I use these tools whenever I don’t want someone in a specific category to know I’m online. Once you master these techniques, you can hide your online status from anyone too. Hope these tips help.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    don’t chat, donate, or attack (your clanmates) (note: they’ll see someone is on but won’t know it’s you),

don’t attack (clanmates again and also anyone else who can observe your attacks),
    People online in the clan can see in clan list you are attacking, so who so ever is so cautious shouldn't attack only to retain privacy.

Fresh Spawn
    In the new friend system it is a hide online button, just saying.