Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Idea: feature to speed lower townhall level players

Centennial Club

Idea: feature to speed lower townhall level players

It is all known that this game has been for long time that lower town hall players have lost the fun for clan wars. Most lower town hall level villages are purely farming.

Why not shorten the farming and development of lower level town hall players by giving more awards as medals for lower town hall levels? Disable cool down time to purchase hammers for low level players and give more medals for offer low town hall level only clan war leagues.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    I think a better solution might be to introduce Townhall level-specific wars and rankings. I worry that if a player progresses too fast, they won't have mastered the mechanics well enough to handle a higher level account. They may become frustrated that the game is too difficult. However, if there were more options for them at lower levels, they wouldn't be left with farming alone.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 22 - 777 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Groupme - + - Discord

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    I think a better solution might be to introduce Townhall level-specific wars and rankings. I worry that if a player progresses too fast, they won't have mastered the mechanics well enough to handle a higher level account. They may become frustrated that the game is too difficult. However, if there were more options for them at lower levels, they wouldn't be left with farming alone.
    I agree lower halls are already fast enough to upgrade through, but don’t think hall specific wars would be a good thing. That encourages permanent-maxing. The result then is the brand new th6 or th7 with months of experience gets destroyed by the players who have played for years. There would even be th3 experts dominating the week old players. The new players hate it and quit and the old players get rewarded with war wins and streaks so they are encouraged not to update. Personally, I think the newer players who quit because it “takes too long” would quit if it was faster too. Players that don’t enjoy the journey aren’t going to last in building game like this.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    I think it was asked by Judo sloth in his latest interview video with Mr. Darian, and what Darian had said was that it could lead to less people you will be attacking so you maybe forced to attack a single player multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    I think it was asked by Judo sloth in his latest interview video with Mr. Darian, and what Darian had said was that it could lead to less people you will be attacking so you maybe forced to attack a single player multiple times.
    And where does it stop? A th3 trophy leaderboard? It isn’t good for the game long term to encourage players to not upgrade. I can’t see SC making a change that impacts the game like that unless it’s in the planned last year or two of the game existing at all.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    I kind of wish we could do a few war levels, obviously retaining flexibility for war sizes. I feel bad that even our TH11s now almost always have to attack up. Our 10s hardly ever get into a CWL and rarely get practice in regular wars. We don’t war a whole lot outside of CWL, but that’s *part of the reason. The lower town halls get frustrated or bored.

Lower town halls also suffer on the donation front, because they just wait for a 12 or 13 to come along. This way, they could get experience taking responsibility for filling clan castles, etc. so it isn’t foreign to them as they move up. Obviously I’d make it so a TH4-6 war can’t have higher than TH6 (+0-2 for perks) in their CCs. No more TH4-6 having to deal with maxed valks or whatever the troop of the day is.

I could imagine wars for 4-6, 7-9, 9-11, 12 &13 (making adjustments as TH 14 & 15 are added). Something like that, with war size being as small as 5, still. We don’t have a lot of players at every level.

Then we’d probably have requests for clans to be able to do multiple wars at once, one at each level. But that’s a separate issue.

I’m not concerned with rankings or permanent maxers. Of course new players would sometimes be matched with vets, but it’s always been that way. If they are the same TH levels, it’s all good. Looking at their bases, watching their attacks, strategy, etc. can be a good way to learn. If someone wants to have an account at 9 forever, who cares, lol. The ones who are more into the game, learn fast, are highly competitive, etc. will want to move up. The ones who aren’t that driven, wont have to and can still have fun where they are.

I can tell you that in our somewhat casual clan, even with all the bonuses to speed things up—many people aren’t the least bit concerned with attacking regularly so they can move up faster. I get a sense that several don’t want to have to learn new strategies and new troops, etc. They don’t have time for that anymore, and just want to have fun doing what they know. Why shouldn’t they be able to?

If the leaderboards are an issue, just skip the darn things. Keep them for the top level if you want. Another incentive to move up, for those who are interested in that.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

I like the idea of town hall specific wars suggested by sharkyfinn. It doesn't have to be for every th. just at milestones.

So you can have wars with th6 and under only. With the restriction that cc can only have upto max th6 troops.

The 2nd milestone for me is th10. So wars with th10 and lower. Again max cc troops capped at th10 troops.

Yes you will have people maxing at those th's but what's wrong with that. I think people will just make multiple accounts so they can participate at those wars.

Quote Originally Posted by GBigBeard View Post
    Yes you will have people maxing at those th's but what's wrong with that. I think people will just make multiple accounts so they can participate at those wars.
    The th6 wars will be dominated by max th6s getting perfect scores. Same for the th10s. Being an early th10 in current wars isn’t a disadvantage but it sure would be in these new th10 max wars. Experienced players would be destroying the new players you are wanting to help, so what is gained? I also don’t think it’s good to discourage upgrading.

Getting beaten by experienced players is part of every game. It makes you want to get better. However getting beaten because you have no chance is not fun. My 3rd account is a th9. tried cwl but everytime, I get matched with a th11 or 12. It has no chance. The only thing to do for lower th now is farm and level up.

When th11 didn't exist wars were not dominated by max th10s. Everyone had fun in wars. Why do you expect people will be discouraged because an experienced player beat them. If I play fortnite and get beaten, it's OK. But if my weapon is limited to a frying pan only and most have machine guns, then that will discourage me as a new player.

And no it will not stop people from upgrading. people will upgrade the main, and maybe make a second or a third to max at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by GBigBeard View Post
    Getting beaten by experienced players is part of every game. It makes you want to get better. However getting beaten because you have no chance is not fun. My 3rd account is a th9. tried cwl but everytime, I get matched with a th11 or 12. It has no chance. The only thing to do for lower th now is farm and level up.

When th11 didn't exist wars were not dominated by max th10s. Everyone had fun in wars. Why do you expect people will be discouraged because an experienced player beat them. If I play fortnite and get beaten, it's OK. But if my weapon is limited to a frying pan only and most have machine guns, then that will discourage me as a new player.

And no it will not stop people from upgrading. people will upgrade the main, and maybe make a second or a third to max at that level.
    Sorry. You are comparing apples and dinosaurs. There are a fair amount of people that advocate for town hall matching and town hall level wars that are long time players with maxed low level accounts. See the recent threads on make th8 harder. From someone who has played for several years. Th 9s need to be in the right clans for cwl. I knew mine didn't fit for anything more than bench. In my clan.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22