Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Magic Items

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Runes are a little different then this idea but I don’t think it’s significantly different enough. A rune could do everything one of your magic items can do and if it can’t there are hammers.
    The proposed magic items would still need to be limited to a stock of 1 and can’t be a max of 5 like potions because they have the potential of being as powerful as a rune. Therefore they need to be valued similarly.

More modes would mean more rewards in total and that would also change the balance considerably. Nevertheless lots of people would still feel they won’t get enough of the “good” items when these types of magic items doesn’t interest them as much.
    For reasonably active players these extra loot related magic items aren’t needed as they can easily loot much more then their builders can build.
    Or, I think they can be an exception and have a space of 2!

I don't think more modes will change the balance that much, especially if they are harder to complete. The season challenges did not change the balance that much I guess. But i maybe wrong in this regard.

Made by, Be a Legend

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    Or, I think they can be an exception and have a space of 2!

I don't think more modes will change the balance that much, especially if they are harder to complete. The season challenges did not change the balance that much I guess. But i maybe wrong in this regard.
    Letís say that we could have 2 of each stored and think of the consequence, now eventually youíll get the situation where a maxed player going from update to update from new TH to new TH. (There are quite a lot who are in this position). This maxed player usually already has a full set of magic items by the time a major update is released.
    Letís say these items exist in the game now. By the time TH14 would drop many players would have all the runes, books, hammers etc. and they generally make sure the hammer cool down is finished on day 1. Now letís add the 6 drops/coins they can have with this idea. (2 of each of the 3 proposed main village items). Thatís 6 upgrades worth. Plus the runes and books and hammers and magic items which that month has in seasonal etc etc. keep in mind that a fully stacked player cons already blast through 3 troop upgrades with 1 book and 2 hammers of day 1 of such an update. The same applies to spells, buildings and heroes. Thatís already 12 upgrades and your idea just added another 6 on top of that.. people would just blast through the content even faster.

And thereís another thing. They can stretch the amount of work that goes into obtained certain rewards only so much. If itís too hard, too much work etc people would complain constantly. Of course they want players to play their game but they donít want to turn it into a full time job either.

They canít just endlessly add magic items. The most recent addition was the super potion for example. Who knows what the future holds which might come with a magic item. Thatís why I do think that new magic items need to be unique enough or significantly different enough to warrant a new magic item and I just donít see that here. It just boils down to more runes with lots of players wanting to get the best value out of their magic items no one would use it if theyíre just a little bit short of resources and everyone would use it to pay for an upgrade in full.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Let’s say that we could have 2 of each stored and think of the consequence, now eventually you’ll get the situation where a maxed player going from update to update from new TH to new TH. (There are quite a lot who are in this position). This maxed player usually already has a full set of magic items by the time a major update is released.
    Let’s say these items exist in the game now. By the time TH14 would drop many players would have all the runes, books, hammers etc. and they generally make sure the hammer cool down is finished on day 1. Now let’s add the 6 drops/coins they can have with this idea. (2 of each of the 3 proposed main village items). That’s 6 upgrades worth. Plus the runes and books and hammers and magic items which that month has in seasonal etc etc. keep in mind that a fully stacked player cons already blast through 3 troop upgrades with 1 book and 2 hammers of day 1 of such an update. The same applies to spells, buildings and heroes. That’s already 12 upgrades and your idea just added another 6 on top of that.. people would just blast through the content even faster.

And there’s another thing. They can stretch the amount of work that goes into obtained certain rewards only so much. If it’s too hard, too much work etc people would complain constantly. Of course they want players to play their game but they don’t want to turn it into a full time job either.

They can’t just endlessly add magic items. The most recent addition was the super potion for example. Who knows what the future holds which might come with a magic item. That’s why I do think that new magic items need to be unique enough or significantly different enough to warrant a new magic item and I just don’t see that here. It just boils down to more runes with lots of players wanting to get the best value out of their magic items no one would use it if they’re just a little bit short of resources and everyone would use it to pay for an upgrade in full.
    That's why I told earlier I can be corrected, thanks for telling the alarming consequences it will have if a player can have 2 of these in storage.
    And, I think there will be a new way to get these magic items eventually. Maybe then this will be seen in the game? As a mini version of the runes.

Made by, Be a Legend