Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Magic Items

New Magic Items

Hello.
    I have ideas for 5 magic items, these are called drops and coins.
    This will introduce 5 new magic items.
    1. Drop of gold
    2. Coin of elixir
    3. Coin of Dark elixir
    4. Drop of builder gold.
    5. Drop of builder elixir.
    The builder can extract these to get resources for a particular upgrade.
    Working:
    If you have one of these, you can use them to get enough resources for an upgrade. You will click on the upgrade button, a popup menu, saying do you want to get this amount of elixir? Normally, it asks a player gems, but if he has one of these, he can click on either gems or these. It will also work in the laboratory.
    Obtainable from:
    1. Clan games
    2. Trader
    A player can have one of these in the inventory.
    Uses:
    If you Do not have a rune, and need 1 upgrade which is very expensive, these can be used.

Made by, Be a Legend

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Can it bypass the normal storage or is it limited to your current storage only?

How is it different from runes?

Why different names (drops, coins) and not a common name like they have for rune?

Can the loot you got for a particular upgrade be looted or used anywhere else?
    Last edited by Mayankkumar; March 6th, 2021 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    Can it bypass the normal storage or is it limited to your current storage only?

How is it different from runes?

Why different names (drops, coins) and not a common name like they have for rune?

Can the loot you got for a particular upgrade be looted or used anywhere else?
    It can bypass the storage limit.
    It is different from runes as it can bypass the storage limit and unlike the runes can be used for just 1 upgrade.
    The different names are just me trying to be snazzy, it can be renamed.
    No, they cannot be used anywhere else or be looted.

Made by, Be a Legend

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    It can bypass the storage limit.
    It is different from runes as it can bypass the storage limit and unlike the runes can be used for just 1 upgrade.
    The different names are just me trying to be snazzy, it can be renamed.
    No, they cannot be used anywhere else or be looted.
    Ok got it man. Interesting Idea.

Nice Idea, but IMO, except in the beginning of a TH, their ability to bypass the max limit is basically useless ig?
    Also, I think coin for the gold, and drop for the elixer/dark elixer. As gold is a solid, and E,DE is liquid

Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Nice Idea, but IMO, except in the beginning of a TH, their ability to bypass the max limit is basically useless ig?
    Also, I think coin for the gold, and drop for the elixer/dark elixer. As gold is a solid, and E,DE is liquid
    i have named them interchangably for a reason.

The runes are the same as coins and drops(maybe stones, but OK). As I have told, the builder will extract the resources, anr if its a coin, what will be the need for him to do so if they are coins and drops? He will have to get the resources for it. It can be renamed though, I just thought so for a cool description

Made by, Be a Legend

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quite frankly I do not see the point of this and add a large number of new magic items just to obtain loot whereas we already have runes for example and there are things like hammers etc. I think the difference to runes isnít significant enough to warrant so many different magic items.

Do not forget that increasing the number of possible magic items in the game greatly reduces chances of getting certain specific magic items. As there are only so many rewards one can get in a certain amount of time.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Quite frankly I do not see the point of this and add a large number of new magic items just to obtain loot whereas we already have runes for example and there are things like hammers etc. I think the difference to runes isn’t significant enough to warrant so many different magic items.

Do not forget that increasing the number of possible magic items in the game greatly reduces chances of getting certain specific magic items. As there are only so many rewards one can get in a certain amount of time.
    I agree, but then there can be even more modes to obtain the said items. And I thought of this idea as it was useful to my 2nd account and I though that it will be useful to others too. Although as I said before, Runes are a little different in working then these magic items.

Made by, Be a Legend

Pro Member
    This can work better with rushed bases (like I rushed a base in the initial days to get siege machines) where you don't have enough time to upgrade your storages but need to upgrade some upgrades.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    I agree, but then there can be even more modes to obtain the said items. And I thought of this idea as it was useful to my 2nd account and I though that it will be useful to others too. Although as I said before, Runes are a little different in working then these magic items.
    Runes are a little different then this idea but I donít think itís significantly different enough. A rune could do everything one of your magic items can do and if it canít there are hammers.
    The proposed magic items would still need to be limited to a stock of 1 and canít be a max of 5 like potions because they have the potential of being as powerful as a rune. Therefore they need to be valued similarly.

More modes would mean more rewards in total and that would also change the balance considerably. Nevertheless lots of people would still feel they wonít get enough of the ďgoodĒ items when these types of magic items doesnít interest them as much.
    For reasonably active players these extra loot related magic items arenít needed as they can easily loot much more then their builders can build.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG