Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Progression Percentage

Progression Percentage

I don't know it's a new idea or not but what I'm trying to say, add a 'Total Progression' feature on the builder tab. It'll show one's progression but in percentage (%). Suppose you're in TH2 and you can only upgrade 2 building so after upgrading the first building it'll show-
    Total Progression: 50% and after the second one it show 100% with a massage 'Time to upgrade your TH'. But when you upgrade TH to level 3 it will reset and starts a new counting for new TH level depending how many buildings you need to upgrade on that specific level. It will increase with your each upgrade. (Beside buildings it may count upgradable Troops and Wall levels as well)
    I think it'll be a cool new feature for every clasher and he'll know exactly how far he needs to go to reach the max point for his TH level. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Mitul31xD View Post
    .... (Beside buildings it may count upgradable Troops and Wall levels as well)
    Wall inclusion would be problematic, and probably lead to severe depression. Bases simply have more wall segments than all other structures combined, and both TH 2 and 9 have two wall levels. So, for example, a TH 8 is 100% maxed, with 225 level 8 walls. As soon as they become a TH 9, those 225 have 2 upgrades (450 upgrades) plus they have 25 new segments to place initially and then upgrade 9 times to reach level 10 walls (250 upgrades). So walls alone account for 700 upgrades! Imagine the depression seeing that after each upgrade completed, you are still less than 10% complete.

Believe walls would have to be included within it's own statistical data, else sheer number overwhelms all else.

But yes, progression indicators have been proposed and discussed in the past. Question becomes what of walls (as noted above), and by what base metric? Are all upgrades considered equal (all a unit of one)? Does that then make sense? Does a 14 day 10M upgrade really have the same completion % as an initial placement of a new Spring Trap? If not, is weighting via cumulative cost, or time?

Not that simple to define a meaningful indicator!
    Last edited by rowman; March 4th, 2021 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Wall inclusion would be problematic, and probably lead to severe depression. Bases simply have more wall segments than all other structures combined, and both TH 2 and 9 have two wall levels. So, for example, a TH 8 is 100% maxed, with 225 level 8 walls. As soon as they become a TH 9, those 225 have 2 upgrades (450 upgrades) plus they have 25 new segments to place initially and then upgrade 9 times to reach level 10 walls (250 upgrades). So walls alone account for 700 upgrades! Imagine the depression seeing that after each upgrade completed, you are still less than 10% complete.

Believe walls would have to be included within it's own statistical data, else sheer number overwhelms all else.
    Yes, I totally agree with you but incase someone ask what about the walls they are part of your progression too. That's why I added that part! It should be done by counting only buildings and troops upgrades.
    And an extra statistics for the wall segment. That's fine.

But yes, progression indicators have been proposed and discussed in the past. Question becomes what of walls (as noted above), and by what base metric? Are all upgrades considered equal (all a unit of one)? Does that then make sense? Does a 14 day 10M upgrade really have the same completion % as an initial placement of a new Spring Trap? If not, is weighting via cumulative cost, or time?

Not that simple to define a meaningful indicator!
    As the traps and other small stuffs are part of your game progression ya they will provide same amount of % like million gold upgrade do. Here we talking about the overall progression of a base depending your total upgradations. Not about how much time it takes to upgrade or how much resources it needs!

I think this would be a cool feature. I'd suggest two stats. One is "time" and one is "loot." So, you know your progression percentage in terms of how much time you have left for builders and lab and the other how much loot left (which would include walls). I have no idea what type of coding would be involved but this is a cool idea OP, I like it.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I think this would be a cool feature. I'd suggest two stats. One is "time" and one is "loot." So, you know your progression percentage in terms of how much time you have left for builders and lab and the other how much loot left (which would include walls). I have no idea what type of coding would be involved but this is a cool idea OP, I like it.
    Thanks mate! Remaining time & loots would be a cool adaptation with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    ... So, you know your progression percentage in terms of how much time you have left for builders and lab and the other how much loot left (which would include walls)....
    Which still leaves the issue of establishing some base metric unit of "loot" (unless three distinct progression scales are used). Some cost gold, some cost elixir (e.g. Army Camp) while Heros cost DE. If not three different progression bars (if only one used) what conversion ratios are then used to covert the other two to one?

A cumulative time scale on the other hand I have no issues with. All upgrades are based upon the same identical base units: days : hours :minutes, there is no "mixing apples with oranges" in that case. And since walls are zero-time, they are immaterial for that particular scale, so no issues there.
    Last edited by rowman; March 5th, 2021 at 12:53 AM.

Which still leaves the issue of establishing some base metric unit of "loot" (unless three distinct progression scales are used). Some cost gold, some cost elixir (e.g. Army Camp) while Heros cost DE. If not three different progression bars (if only one used) what conversion ratios are then used to covert the other two to one?
    Even if it was just a simple total without conversion it would be cool, though breaking it down further would be even cooler.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Pro Member
    I like it. My OCD would like it. Both of us like it. Good idea.

Millennial Club
    Clash Ninja Does this as part of its tracking. I’m not suggesting that because of this being offered external, we don’t need it, but you could look at it, and see how it manages this...

I use the site and does list walls separately, as it does list Dark Troops from Elixir Troops and Trap upgrades from other upgrades and Heroes get a separate list also...
    They do then offer a % maxed stat for Walls, Heroes, Troops, and Structures.
    Also gives loot needed for each.
    Unsure how it counts % of different units, if it’s time based or building based?

Worth a look, even if just for ideas on how you would like an in game version to run.

I would like to see this, as it would be nice to not manually manage such things.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+