Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New clan wars solution (credits to a guy in the original forums)

Quote Originally Posted by winwin3as View Post
    Opting out in CWL does not work or you just don't understand how to use it? Or maybe you do not have anyone to replace you in the roster.

If you want high pressure attack, you can just attack with anything you have for looting or you can attack with troops you do not usually use.

One-attacks will ruin the essence of a clan war. That is the coordinated attacks that your clan need to do in order to overcome the adversary. I do not know if your clan knows how to do it because what I'm reading from replies you are a one-man clan. I will give you an advice: I was once a one-man clan before, I stayed floating in master league in CWL with my own accounts. But when I opened my door and accept members, our clan rose to Champs2 because two minds are always better than one. It is not too late to change the way you play (I am not saying that it is wrong). But if you want something for a long run, you should find a clan or people that can help you.
    I'd say I don't understand how to use it as I've only done participated twice in cwl with one cwl where I didn't even participate for the whole 7 days. Well, my clan isn't EXACTLY a one man clan. There are 19 players and I have 5 active accounts of myself in that clan (I have 2 other accounts which I've lost the email addresses to) and every other player is my clan is just a dead base. Yh, I'll consider looking for a clan. I think someone else suggested the same thing. Ever since I discovered how to make new accounts I wanted to make a one man clan and thought it would be beneficial. It is to some extent but then today's war I've lost because my opponent had a siege machine in his clan castle and I didn't so I was put at a disadvantage on my th10. I also think that the level 1 multi-target infernos didn't help either (now I know why my opponent keeps it at single). But yh, I'll try looking for a clan soon. I guess I really need a siege machine before I get pummelled because I can't access one.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I don't play cwl because I never understand how to opt out since the opting out option is confusing and doesn't work. I'm just not really interested in a war that takes place over 1 week. It is too long. I like the one attack system with the duration of a normal clan war. Mirror attacking is good if the mismatch is in your favour (you have the advantage over the other clan by matchmaking) I don't really do mirror attacks but It is the best option the way I'm playing because my number 1 base is required to mirror attack their number 1 base. I would prefer one attack since it would be more accomplishing to get a perfect war. It can be seen as simpler because the strategy is simpler. However the pressure has been raised. I think I prefer very high pressure since I feel like the wars are too tame when the bases are too easy to fail on or those wars when I feel like I have too many chances so I don't mess up due to the anti-climactic experience.
    If you dont understand how opting out of CWL works, you can fix that, learn about it. If you believe that mirror attacking as a clan is the best strategy, learn why so many here suggest that it is not. At least that way you can make an informed decision.

Preferring one attack wars that are not 7 days long is fine, we are entitled to our feelings.

Believing that perfect wars is the goal is fine but you will fail at that far more often than you achieve it. When you fail, do you want to still win the war based on stars or are you ok with losing on stars? Your strategy will change depending on how you answer that but asking SC to change things so that you can perfect more often is pretty much not going to happen.

If you really like the pressure, get. Your base to max TH13 asap and join clans that fight in CWL Champs1/2/3, I promise you there will be pressure galore.

Most of these things are in your control, have fun learning and growing.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    If you dont understand how opting out of CWL works, you can fix that, learn about it. If you believe that mirror attacking as a clan is the best strategy, learn why so many here suggest that it is not. At least that way you can make an informed decision.

Preferring one attack wars that are not 7 days long is fine, we are entitled to our feelings.

Believing that perfect wars is the goal is fine but you will fail at that far more often than you achieve it. When you fail, do you want to still win the war based on stars or are you ok with losing on stars? Your strategy will change depending on how you answer that but asking SC to change things so that you can perfect more often is pretty much not going to happen.

If you really like the pressure, get. Your base to max TH13 asap and join clans that fight in CWL Champs1/2/3, I promise you there will be pressure galore.

Most of these things are in your control, have fun learning and growing.
    Yep. But not related to the topic though, do you find multi target inferno towers useless or is there something that I'm missing? I participated in a war today and the guy attacked me with mass dragons. I believe with multi single infernos I could have held off the 3 star but got wrecked instead. BTW, I don't think mirror attacking is the best but I only do it because the wars in a 5v5 are on a smaller scale so they are easier to pull off. I can't get access to my "new" th11 so I've only got the "new" th10 to work with to get to th13. Should I perma-max my th10 to all level 11 walls or should I upgrade the "key things" then just move on to th11? Progress is not easy not because of lack of resources but the time required to make upgrades on your base. With one attack wars that only last 2 days, it means that we can experience the 'pressure' at the early stage but I understand why you wouldn't want to run one because you have a very limited margin for error.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; March 5th, 2021 at 03:46 PM.

Centennial Club
    I'd say I don't understand how to use it as I've only done participated twice in cwl with one cwl where I didn't even participate for the whole 7 days. Well, my clan isn't EXACTLY a one man clan. There are 19 players and I have 5 active accounts of myself in that clan (I have 2 other accounts which I've lost the email addresses to) and every other player is my clan is just a dead base. Yh, I'll consider looking for a clan. I think someone else suggested the same thing. Ever since I discovered how to make new accounts I wanted to make a one man clan and thought it would be beneficial. It is to some extent but then today's war I've lost because my opponent had a siege machine in his clan castle and I didn't so I was put at a disadvantage on my th10. I also think that the level 1 multi-target infernos didn't help either (now I know why my opponent keeps it at single). But yh, I'll try looking for a clan soon. I guess I really need a siege machine before I get pummelled because I can't access one.
    Good luck on finding a new clan. Siege machines will provide something that a TH10 cannot do on his own. You should maximize the use of siege machines, especially in wars. What I am thinking is that you just lack the experience yet so you are throwing ideas here and there (I know, I used to do that too).

Have fun clashing.

Forum Superstar
    Yep. But not related to the topic though, do you find multi target inferno towers useless or is there something that I'm missing? I participated in a war today and the guy attacked me with mass dragons. I believe with multi single infernos I could have held off the 3 star but got wrecked instead. BTW, I don't think mirror attacking is the best but I only do it because the wars in a 5v5 are on a smaller scale so they are easier to pull off. I can't get access to my "new" th11 so I've only got the "new" th10 to work with to get to th13. Should I perma-max my th10 to all level 11 walls or should I upgrade the "key things" then just move on to th11? Progress is not easy not because of lack of resources but the time required to make upgrades on your base. With one attack wars that only last 2 days, it means that we can experience the 'pressure' at the early stage but I understand why you wouldn't want to run one because you have a very limited margin for error.
    Multi and single both have uses. Multi is good against mass troops, bowlers for example or skellies from a witch. Singles are great against heroes under heal and the tanks.

As for permamaxing, SC believe the game is about progression not stagnation. That being said, you can permamax to your heart’s content. Be aware though that permamaxing comes with a downside so make an informed decision.

You can rush your bases if you like, many do and at the same time many dont. I think most would agree that strategic rushing is usually the best course if you arent the type of person who compulsively HAS to max each TH level.

Running single attack wars isnt about the margin for error for most folks IMO. I prefer double attack wars because Iprefer the strategic part of the game and having done CWL since it came out I can say that CWL is far less strategic. Nothing wrong with that, just my preference. I still get the same rush when we win either way.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by winwin3as View Post
    Good luck on finding a new clan. Siege machines will provide something that a TH10 cannot do on his own. You should maximize the use of siege machines, especially in wars. What I am thinking is that you just lack the experience yet so you are throwing ideas here and there (I know, I used to do that too).

Have fun clashing.
    Yep. Th10 is the real difficulty curve even when inferno towers were nerfed so the blocking out healing effect got removed, it is still quite challenging but still doable. It actually feels like the offence is more OP than th9.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #87
    Multi target infernos are useful against certain types of attack, less useful against others. The same is true of single target infernos, but largely the other way around.

Whichever way you set them, there is a fair chance that in war, if your opponents are any good, they will use the types of troop your setting doesn't work so well against.

If you are TH10 and set them both to single, they will attack with hogs or loons. If you set them both to multi, they will attack with dragons or pekkas.

When people reach the level where they have 3 infernos, it is rare to see all three set the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Multi target infernos are useful against certain types of attack, less useful against others. The same is true of single target infernos, but largely the other way around.

Whichever way you set them, there is a fair chance that in war, if your opponents are any good, they will use the types of troop your setting doesn't work so well against.

If you are TH10 and set them both to single, they will attack with hogs or loons. If you set them both to multi, they will attack with dragons or pekkas.

When people reach the level where they have 3 infernos, it is rare to see all three set the same.
    I find that single inferno towers are better since it basically is as strong as in 2014 where blue electric walls existed. Multi infernos I find them more useless since they pose a similar threat to high level wizard towers against big bulky troops. When they negated the heal spell effect, multi towers were more useful since multi target infernos negated the heal spell of more things at once. Now the single inferno basically just overpowers the heal spell and can ruin queen walks entirely while this difficulty is easily overcome with multi infernos. For now I'll just stick with single until I watch an attack replay where a multi would've outperformed.

I find that single inferno towers are better since it basically is as strong as in 2014 where blue electric walls existed. Multi infernos I find them more useless since they pose a similar threat to high level wizard towers against big bulky troops. When they negated the heal spell effect, multi towers were more useful since multi target infernos negated the heal spell of more things at once. Now the single inferno basically just overpowers the heal spell and can ruin queen walks entirely while this difficulty is easily overcome with multi infernos. For now I'll just stick with single until I watch an attack replay where a multi would've outperformed.
    You will be steamrolled by attacks like the witch slap or BatBowlers (generally attacks with skeletons or bats)if you are a th10
    Last edited by blazeaxel; March 5th, 2021 at 05:14 PM.

Made by, Be a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    You will be steamrolled by attacks like the witch slap or BatBowlers (generally attacks with skeletons or bats)if you are a th10
    That's if I find someone who uses those attack strategies. I'm not sure if most of my opponents know of those attacks. Let alone, know how to use them. I've been to 8 wars as a max th9 and only 1 knew witchslap. I doubt the th10s will know about witchslap and bowitch since th9s were not very competitive. Most of the best players play at th12-13 so the th10s are less experienced these days. At least when I'm warring.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; March 5th, 2021 at 07:08 PM.