Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New clan wars solution (credits to a guy in the original forums)

Quote Originally Posted by winwin3as View Post
    15 days? As far as I know, CWLs do not last 15 days.

If there will be 2 separate types of clan wars, as you are suggesting, there will be a smaller pool of clans where the MMA can choose from. That will result to longer search times, maybe hours longer than it is right now.

If you want to have a challenging war, run a heavy th13 war or maxed bases on their respective town hall levels. We already have 2 war types, the classic and the CWL. If people want 2 attacks, they have classic clan wars. If people want 1 attack, they have CWL.
    The CWL tournaments are only available at certain times. The new type of clan wars I'm suggesting would be available always,

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Many, many clans currently wait hours to find a match. Matches, regardless of time spent matching, are almost never a perfect match of town halls unless you are running tight 5 man wars or max th13 wars. Even then it doesnít always work. After one or two horrible matches coupled with likely double wait times no one will use this. Anything that shrinks the current war matchmaking pool is not a good idea IMO. There is nothing wrong with the current system. Itís better than itís ever been. There is no system that can reasonably give a ďfairĒ match every time. There is just too much variety in clan makeup over the hundreds of thousands clans out there.
    Yep. No system gives a 100% building by building perfect matchmaking. But I wish CWL tournaments were not only occasional and I also wish that there would be an option for a 5 man cwl matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Yep. No system gives a 100% building by building perfect matchmaking. But I wish CWL tournaments were not only occasional and I also wish that there would be an option for a 5 man cwl matches.
    CWL is occasional, it is once per month. It only is 7 days of wars and you don't have to take part. You can do classic war instead if you don't like CWL.

I like the one attack format of CWL and I like the two attack format of classic war. I'm glad we have both. It is a nice change once per month for a week.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Same here. I had suggested this idea because this was much better than your original idea. But I don't think this is any good. Like someone above mentioned, the clans would get separated into 2 halves, resulting in less clans in a single half, eventually leading to long search times or mismatches too (the game will try to match with clans having a slight difference of war weight if no same war weight clan is found).

Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    Same here. I had suggested this idea because this was much better than your original idea. But I don't think this is any good. Like someone above mentioned, the clans would get separated into 2 halves, resulting in less clans in a single half, eventually leading to long search times or mismatches too (the game will try to match with clans having a slight difference of war weight if no same war weight clan is found).
    The pool can be much more shortened by removing the least played game type in the normal clan wars.

Made by, Be a Legend

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    And yeah, don't feel like everyone is against you. Just think about innovative ideas, pros and cons to it and maybe people would love these ideas.

And yeah, don't feel like everyone is against you. Just think about innovative ideas, pros and cons to it and maybe people would love these ideas.
    Ok. I'm glad to hear that people don't just hate on my ideas since it keeps on feeling the same when people keep disagreeing with certain ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    CWL is occasional, it is once per month. It only is 7 days of wars and you don't have to take part. You can do classic war instead if you don't like CWL.

I like the one attack format of CWL and I like the two attack format of classic war. I'm glad we have both. It is a nice change once per month for a week.
    CWL always takes place when I'm not available so I wish there was the option for one attack clan wars so I can challenge myself but without having to wait 1 year just to get to th13.

I'm glad you suggested this idea and I think it is very good so I made an entire post based on it. I think if supercell did this mode that you suggested as a limited time mode and see how things went then it could be good. If it turns out not to work as well as we think, they remove it. If it works well, it could become a permanent mode that is a good change of pace from standard clan wars.

I like the idea of it, but I like others share a similar concern about potential matchups and search times in a reduced pool of clans taking part.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime