Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New clan wars solution (credits to a guy in the original forums)

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by winwin3as View Post
    I agree that no solution is perfect but it will remove the novelty of classic clan wars. If there will be 2 options in classic wars, there will be a smaller pool to have a match thus resulting to longer search times. The player base will be divided into two different clan war types. So your solution will bring more problem than solution. Unless COC wants to push the one-attack war like CWL, I think your solution will bring more problem to the war community.
    I don't see how it brings any real problem.

Yes, it will tend to make searches a little longer, because it will split the pool in two. But for most clans, that will not be a major issue. And most of the ones with weird enough rosters that searches take a long time now will probably stick with the regular format.

Because the MM doesn't strictly match TH v TH, it won't have much effect on people wanting to perma-max. In fact it will probably work against that, because if you are maxed at one level, your opposite number is just as likely to be a new TH one level up as to be the same as you.

For me, the benefits of having this as a choice outweigh the disbenefit.

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    I like the idea of it, but I like others share a similar concern about potential matchups and search times in a reduced pool of clans taking part.
    I know why you are concerned about search times. I think that I would prefer 2 hours for war search time to happen with the fairest matchmaking than 5 minutes of a war search with slight imbalances in war matchmaking. Hopefully with longer search times there is an even better chance of finding fair opponents. I'm glad you agree to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Yes, it will tend to make searches a little longer, because it will split the pool in two. But for most clans, that will not be a major issue. And most of the ones with weird enough rosters that searches take a long time now will probably stick with the regular format.

Because the MM doesn't strictly match TH v TH, it won't have much effect on people wanting to perma-max. In fact it will probably work against that, because if you are maxed at one level, your opposite number is just as likely to be a new TH one level up as to be the same as you.

That's great you agree with this idea about wars that Mayankummar and Eitiel (he suggested it on his post for the QOL forum). But I don't think that war mismatches are going to happen very often with this in place since different levelled clans will prefer different types of wars.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    That's great you agree with this idea about wars that Mayankummar and Eitiel (he suggested it on his post for the QOL forum). But I don't think that war mismatches are going to happen very often with this in place since different levelled clans will prefer different types of wars.
    War mismatches happen all the time. It is less frequent to some clans and more frequent to others. I may sound hating on your idea but I am only saying what comes into mind when I think of your idea. There are casual clans that are suffering already from mismatch and a one-attack war will be no different from what they are facing right now. In fact, they will have less chance to win when they face a mismatch in a one-attack war.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

I agree that it will be a choice for the clans that want to participate on that type of war. But how about the clans that are contented with the current format? Are they going to wait for hours just to find an opponent? Their roster will be reassembled just to fit with the new trend. Many lower townhalls will left behind, just like in CWL. I can see that a new type of war will be good news to some clans but it will also bring problems to some clans that do not face those problems at the moment.

CWL always takes place when I'm not available so I wish there was the option for one attack clan wars so I can challenge myself but without having to wait 1 year just to get to th13.
    It takes place over the course of a full week and is only one attack per day? Anyway, you don't need one attack wars to have good classic wars below th13. Millions of players take part that aren't th13. Th13 is needed for clan wars at all.

I know why you are concerned about search times. I think that I would prefer 2 hours for war search time to happen with the fairest matchmaking than 5 minutes of a war search with slight imbalances in war matchmaking. Hopefully with longer search times there is an even better chance of finding fair opponents. I'm glad you agree to some extent.
    No one is suggesting the longer search times would result in better matches. Instead, because the number of clans in the search pool would be reduced, the longer search times would be needed just to get the same matches we have now. The more clans in the pool, the easier it is to find an even match. That is why even matches (and faster) are often easiest to find at 10v10 and 15v15 (the most popular war sizes). Take clans out of the pool and the quality of matches goes down, not up.

All that said, I don't know that a one attack format would be all that bad as long as it was only an option. The only two negatives I can think of is worsening matches (due to less clans to match with) and perhaps reducing the fun/excitement of CWL. One of the things that makes me look forward to CWL is the switch to one attack wars (and by the end of the week I'm looking forward to classic wars again). I could see CWL lose some of its "shine" if millions of players were doing one attack wars all month long.

In summary, I don't think it is a terrible idea, even though I definitely disagree with your stated reasons for wanting to have it as an option. (It is a good thing when the enemy drops down and attacks low right away, not a bad thing. It increases your chance of winning since they are potentially wasting attacks.) It is an idea that has been suggested many times in the past and it isn't a bad one.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Although I am happy with the current format. But I think to reduce searching time, we can probably have defined hours every day only during which a clan can start a war. What I meant was that instead of a clan starting a war at any random time why not having them start wars twice or thrice daily but at a certain time only. I know its consequences but to combat long search hours I find it the only good option.

Quote Originally Posted by winwin3as View Post
    War mismatches happen all the time. It is less frequent to some clans and more frequent to others. I may sound hating on your idea but I am only saying what comes into mind when I think of your idea. There are casual clans that are suffering already from mismatch and a one-attack war will be no different from what they are facing right now. In fact, they will have less chance to win when they face a mismatch in a one-attack war.

I agree that it will be a choice for the clans that want to participate on that type of war. But how about the clans that are contented with the current format? Are they going to wait for hours just to find an opponent? Their roster will be reassembled just to fit with the new trend. Many lower townhalls will left behind, just like in CWL. I can see that a new type of war will be good news to some clans but it will also bring problems to some clans that do not face those problems at the moment.
    I'm not saying I dislike my own idea but yep only having one attack is a problem. If there is a clan that is experiencing war mismatches. It's no one's fault. Not the game's, nor the clan's. It's just something that happens to everyone. There has to be a slightly difference in each clan because if every clan was 100% the same. Then most wars would either be tied or really close. But in any case there is always a mismatch. But if someone had the choice I guess people would still pick 2 attack wars over 1 attack ones. Some more experienced players would prefer 1 attack wars because they are more thrilling and last for a shorter time than CWL.
    The clans with the current format can't really do anything. But for a fairer match to occur. There has to be a longer time for the matchmaking to happen. If you want shorter matchmaking, expect a few errors. If you want fairer matchmaking, except longer times. Both of these factors go hand in hand. The one attack war is the same with CWL and there are MUCH MORE mismatches there so this idea is POSSIBLE to be implemented but supercell just hasn't thought of it yet because they are focusing on more major things.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; March 3rd, 2021 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    Although I am happy with the current format. But I think to reduce searching time, we can probably have defined hours every day only during which a clan can start a war. What I meant was that instead of a clan starting a war at any random time why not having them start wars twice or thrice daily but at a certain time only. I know its consequences but to combat long search hours I find it the only good option.
    Yes that is a solution. Or how about servers in each country based on continent with time ranges to start wars on each day? this would be good since if you could only start war at a certain time, some people may not be available at that time so they will miss out on an opportunity to start a clan war. I can see some problems with continent servers but this should be part of a separate topic.

Pro Member
    I have no issues with your ideas. Why do you keep saying ‘everyone gets a chance to defend?’ Can the defensive strength of a base by tested daily by pushing trophies? Do you really, really, really need to see a base survive, crumble, or sustain damage during wars only? Good luck with your ideas I just have not really understood the ‘problem’ yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It takes place over the course of a full week and is only one attack per day? Anyway, you don't need one attack wars to have good classic wars below th13. Millions of players take part that aren't th13. Th13 is needed for clan wars at all.

No one is suggesting the longer search times would result in better matches. Instead, because the number of clans in the search pool would be reduced, the longer search times would be needed just to get the same matches we have now. The more clans in the pool, the easier it is to find an even match. That is why even matches (and faster) are often easiest to find at 10v10 and 15v15 (the most popular war sizes). Take clans out of the pool and the quality of matches goes down, not up.

All that said, I don't know that a one attack format would be all that bad as long as it was only an option. The only two negatives I can think of is worsening matches (due to less clans to match with) and perhaps reducing the fun/excitement of CWL. One of the things that makes me look forward to CWL is the switch to one attack wars (and by the end of the week I'm looking forward to classic wars again). I could see CWL lose some of its "shine" if millions of players were doing one attack wars all month long.

In summary, I don't think it is a terrible idea, even though I definitely disagree with your stated reasons for wanting to have it as an option. (It is a good thing when the enemy drops down and attacks low right away, not a bad thing. It increases your chance of winning since they are potentially wasting attacks.) It is an idea that has been suggested many times in the past and it isn't a bad one.
    Yep. I'm not the first one who suggested it. Someone else suggested it first then I made a whole post based on their idea to promote this idea of a new type of war. Hopefully this could bring old clashers back to the game as there is now slightly more challenge involved for all town hall levels.