Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New clan wars solution (credits to a guy in the original forums)

New clan wars solution (credits to a guy in the original forums)

Hey. EVERYONE IN THE WORLD HATES MY SOLUTION ABOUT CLAN WARS. I'll suggest a new solution that is INFINITELY better than my solution. How about there are 2 variations of clan wars. Standard clan wars (the clan wars that we've been having ever since it came out) and one attack clan wars (different to CWL). The one attack clan wars will be more fair than cwl since you only get one clan so the matchmaking is more likely to be even. You should be given a choice to toggle between the war type that you want to take. I'd say the standard wars is easier since you get more chances while the second choice is more challenging and fun since everyone gets a chance to defend and will encourage the stronger opponent to target someone their level in the clan war. It would be good to have variation since more pressure can also be more exciting.

This is actually a good idea! Maybe this will give more XP, and this can be used for training for a CWL season. +1 from me

Made by, Be a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    This is actually a good idea! Maybe this will give more XP, and this can be used for training for a CWL season. +1 from me
    Thank Mayankkumar for this idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cryo0320 View Post
    this one will be better than the older one , +1
    Thanks. I think there was a lot of rage and argument back there. Let's not get into too much of a big fight again or otherwise we are just ruining our days for no reason. I don't intend to ruin the day over a complex discussion.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Hey. EVERYONE IN THE WORLD HATES MY SOLUTION ABOUT CLAN WARS. I'll suggest a new solution that is INFINITELY better than my solution. How about there are 2 variations of clan wars. Standard clan wars (the clan wars that we've been having ever since it came out) and one attack clan wars (different to CWL). The one attack clan wars will be more fair than cwl since you only get one clan so the matchmaking is more likely to be even. You should be given a choice to toggle between the war type that you want to take. I'd say the standard wars is easier since you get more chances while the second choice is more challenging and fun since everyone gets a chance to defend and will encourage the stronger opponent to target someone their level in the clan war. It would be good to have variation since more pressure can also be more exciting.
    How would the second one be fair? You know that the matchmaking is not based on town halls vs the same town halls. There will always be a mismatch. Imagine a TH11 getting matched to a TH12. That TH12 will more likely get a 3 star while the TH11 will get a 2 or 3 if the TH12 is badly rushed. The second option will just be good for max bases because there will be no town hall level above them.

What makes CWL unique to classic wars is it does not care about the weight of the bases, unless it is your first time registering for one. If the 2nd one will be implemented, it will be CWL all over again with an added frustration of the matchmaking algorithm that will most likely cater to rushers, just like in CWL.

A one-attack war is possible in friendly clan wars because most of the clans doing that type of war run assigned town hall levels, eg. 13, or mix of 12 and below.

Quote Originally Posted by winwin3as View Post
    How would the second one be fair? You know that the matchmaking is not based on town halls vs the same town halls. There will always be a mismatch. Imagine a TH11 getting matched to a TH12. That TH12 will more likely get a 3 star while the TH11 will get a 2 or 3 if the TH12 is badly rushed. The second option will just be good for max bases because there will be no town hall level above them.

What makes CWL unique to classic wars is it does not care about the weight of the bases, unless it is your first time registering for one. If the 2nd one will be implemented, it will be CWL all over again with an added frustration of the matchmaking algorithm that will most likely cater to rushers, just like in CWL.

A one-attack war is possible in friendly clan wars because most of the clans doing that type of war run assigned town hall levels, eg. 13, or mix of 12 and below.
    No solution is perfect. However, that's why I also want the 2 attack option to remain since if you feel that your team is likely to get mismatched, you can go for the 2 attack war to be on the safe side. I've made another thread about this but unfortunately no one agreed to that one. However, supercell staff and the community said in that forum that the game partially involves rushing. This idea more people will agree with than the original idea but I think the war matchmaking algorithm for the 1 attack war should be the exact same as the one for the 2 attack war since the matchmaking for the 2 attack war is normally fairer.

Centennial Club
    No solution is perfect. However, that's why I also want the 2 attack option to remain since if you feel that your team is likely to get mismatched, you can go for the 2 attack war to be on the safe side. I've made another thread about this but unfortunately no one agreed to that one. However, supercell staff and the community said in that forum that the game partially involves rushing. This idea more people will agree with than the original idea but I think the war matchmaking algorithm for the 1 attack war should be the exact same as the one for the 2 attack war since the matchmaking for the 2 attack war is normally fairer.
    I agree that no solution is perfect but it will remove the novelty of classic clan wars. If there will be 2 options in classic wars, there will be a smaller pool to have a match thus resulting to longer search times. The player base will be divided into two different clan war types. So your solution will bring more problem than solution. Unless COC wants to push the one-attack war like CWL, I think your solution will bring more problem to the war community.

Quote Originally Posted by winwin3as View Post
    I agree that no solution is perfect but it will remove the novelty of classic clan wars. If there will be 2 options in classic wars, there will be a smaller pool to have a match thus resulting to longer search times. The player base will be divided into two different clan war types. So your solution will bring more problem than solution. Unless COC wants to push the one-attack war like CWL, I think your solution will bring more problem to the war community.
    Ok but the CWL is too long since it requires people to be active for a whole 15 days to succeed in the CWL and most people don't have a lot of time to play Coc. There may be longer matchmaking but it's longer for the better. It doesn't really matter whether the matchmaking is 20 minutes or 5 minutes as long as the opponents you come up against are of your level. How long do you think the matchmaking will be with this solution in place? There will be 2 clan war types but isn't that a good thing? I would not like to have a mini account going up against inexperienced players and not be able to put up much of a fight. Sometimes, when I want a challenging war, I get an easy day and keep on "waiting" for the war to finish instead of watching attacks taking place. I'm not the only one who has requested this idea so I know that some people agree with the idea even if problems still may occur there are also methods in place to fix those problems.

Centennial Club
    Ok but the CWL is too long since it requires people to be active for a whole 15 days to succeed in the CWL and most people don't have a lot of time to play Coc. There may be longer matchmaking but it's longer for the better. It doesn't really matter whether the matchmaking is 20 minutes or 5 minutes as long as the opponents you come up against are of your level. How long do you think the matchmaking will be with this solution in place? There will be 2 clan war types but isn't that a good thing? I would not like to have a mini account going up against inexperienced players and not be able to put up much of a fight. Sometimes, when I want a challenging war, I get an easy day and keep on "waiting" for the war to finish instead of watching attacks taking place. I'm not the only one who has requested this idea so I know that some people agree with the idea even if problems still may occur there are also methods in place to fix those problems.
    15 days? As far as I know, CWLs do not last 15 days.

If there will be 2 separate types of clan wars, as you are suggesting, there will be a smaller pool of clans where the MMA can choose from. That will result to longer search times, maybe hours longer than it is right now.

If you want to have a challenging war, run a heavy th13 war or maxed bases on their respective town hall levels. We already have 2 war types, the classic and the CWL. If people want 2 attacks, they have classic clan wars. If people want 1 attack, they have CWL.

Forum Champion
    Many, many clans currently wait hours to find a match. Matches, regardless of time spent matching, are almost never a perfect match of town halls unless you are running tight 5 man wars or max th13 wars. Even then it doesn’t always work. After one or two horrible matches coupled with likely double wait times no one will use this. Anything that shrinks the current war matchmaking pool is not a good idea IMO. There is nothing wrong with the current system. It’s better than it’s ever been. There is no system that can reasonably give a “fair” match every time. There is just too much variety in clan makeup over the hundreds of thousands clans out there.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; March 3rd, 2021 at 01:50 PM.