Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New clan wars solution (credits to a guy in the original forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Biff14368074 View Post
    I like this idea. One thing I see a lot in cwl is most teams using completely different attacking kits from regular wars because it is uneven.

for instance in my clan its normal for th10s to go up against th11s. Weve done it so much that its just an ok whatever type of thing, but it requires a different attacking kit than normal wars. So, we can never practice much for cwl outside of it.
    Yes let's hope supercell adds this in the near future. I can never participate in cwl because it's never around when I'm available for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Definitely not. I already get to take part in 1 attack wars for one week each month and 2 attacks wars for the other roughly 3 weeks each month. I'd hate to be forced into a narrow war start time window just to add a feature I don't think is needed. I don't want to have to wait an extra hour to declare war just because my last war ended at 1:01. I also don't think this would do much to help the matchmaking issue anyway.

I would much rather they just add 1 attack wars as an option without these forced time frames. The possibility of more uneven matches would be better than forced time to declare. This idea of one attack wars has been around for a long time. We've discussed it before. That is probably why some of us are focusing more on your particular situation. I don't think it does a lot to address your problems in particular. Mismatches are much harder to overcome in one attack wars, in my opinion. In two attack wars it still is a disadvantage if the other clan is stronger, but with two attacks each at least you have a chance to make up for it.
    Ok so let's go back to the original idea. The problem is still there but there is a solution. I just need time to see it.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Ok so let's go back to the original idea. The problem is still there but there is a solution. I just need time to see it.
    The problem is that there isn't a "problem" to be solved. You just want an additional war format added that would benefit you and maybe a handful of other clans.
    This additional war format would cost both time and money to implement, would increase war search times for regular wars and this new war format, and would give motivation for players to remain permanently at a particular town hall level (something that SC is totally against).

Suggestions have been made for you to change the way you play/do wars: join an active clan with more members, don't have low level town halls in your line-up, etc. so forth and so on.
    However, you have adamantly refused to change and expect SC to add in an additional war format to suit your playstyle to the detriment of the game.

I really don't understand the "how" or even the "why" of this idea. There are simpler ways to do things. Follow the K.I.S.S. principle: Keep It Simple Stupid (I'm not saying that anyone is actually stupid, it is just part of the phrase).

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #74
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    The problem is that there isn't a "problem" to be solved. You just want an additional war format added that would benefit you and maybe a handful of other clans.
    I think it would be a lot more than a handful.

Many clans would still prefer the classic format, but I'm sure quite a few would choose the one-attack format, particularly high level clans who usually perfect with two attacks, or clans who want to practice for CWL.

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    This additional war format would cost both time and money to implement, would increase war search times for regular wars and this new war format, and would give motivation for players to remain permanently at a particular town hall level (something that SC is totally against).

Suggestions have been made for you to change the way you play/do wars: join an active clan with more members, don't have low level town halls in your line-up, etc. so forth and so on.
    However, you have adamantly refused to change and expect SC to add in an additional war format to suit your playstyle to the detriment of the game.

I really don't understand the "how" or even the "why" of this idea. There are simpler ways to do things. Follow the K.I.S.S. principle: Keep It Simple Stupid (I'm not saying that anyone is actually stupid, it is just part of the phrase).
    I'm referring to when people say that my the problem with my idea is that there will be mismatch problems so I need to think of a solution to combat the problem with the one attack wars. How do one attack wars just benefit me? Just because I suggest the idea doesn't mean I'll always win every single war I get put in with this idea it's just that for people who like a challenge they can go for the challenge but with adding in a new type of war there is a cost to it.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; March 5th, 2021 at 08:14 AM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post
    Sorry OP. Us older fellas that can’t keep up should just be quite. I guess I was still trying to help you with your dissatisfaction which I wrongly assumed was a problem you were trying to solve. You were correct that I assumed due to your use of the word ‘solution’. Thanks for responding. Sounds like you are getting some positive feedback here. Please carry on.
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or genuine.
    I mean it. Several early posts responded positively to your idea. The thread has now turned to focus on the details that need resolved to make it work and I have no dog in the fight. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post
    I mean it. Several early posts responded positively to your idea. The thread has now turned to focus on the details that need resolved to make it work and I have no dog in the fight. Good luck.
    Thank you. I understand why you thought of me in a certain way because of the first thread of wars solution but then I realised that the original idea was not good so I changed it so that I get what I would like whilst also benefitting more people.

Yes let's hope supercell adds this in the near future. I can never participate in cwl because it's never around when I'm available for it.
    I don't get this. It is a week long, just one attack per day, and you don't have to be in every war. It always is at the start of the month, but it includes week days and weekends every time. The problem is you are in a one person clan. If you were in a larger clan that takes part in CWL you could attack once or twice during a whole week.

The original idea of adding a one attack war option to classic wars has been around for a long time. It was discussed a lot back when CWL was first added and probably before that too. There isn't much more to discuss about it. Some clans would like it, some would not like it and all clans would have a little harder time getting an even match due to less clans to choose from (which doesn't mean that outweighs the benefit). It doesn't "solve" the "problems" you have said you want it for, but some would just like to do it because they prefer one attack.

I'm referring to when people say that my the problem with my idea is that there will be mismatch problems so I need to think of a solution to combat the problem with the one attack wars. How do one attack wars just benefit me? Just because I suggest the idea doesn't mean I'll always win every single war I get put in with this idea it's just that for people who like a challenge they can go for the challenge but with adding in a new type of war there is a cost to it.
    One attack wars don't really benefit you other than if you just find them more fun. They won't help your mismatches (could make them worse). There is less strategy in one attack wars. If anything, they benefit the clans that don't currently use a good war strategy. It is much easier/simpler. Just attack every base once. It doesn't take as much coordination as a good plan in 2 attack wars does. Some of those clans you reference that burn their high attacks on a dip right away? That is a very bad strategy in 2 attack wars, but those clans that don't have good strategy might benefit from one attack wars since less strategy is needed. Some would probably use mirror attacking like they do now, which is a bad strategy for 1 or 2 attack wars.
    Last edited by 2222; March 5th, 2021 at 02:43 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I don't get this. It is a week long, just one attack per day, and you don't have to be in every war. It always is at the start of the month, but it includes week days and weekends every time. The problem is you are in a one person clan. If you were in a larger clan that takes part in CWL you could attack once or twice during a whole week.

The original idea of adding a one attack war option to classic wars has been around for a long time. It was discussed a lot back when CWL was first added and probably before that too. There isn't much more to discuss about it. Some clans would like it, some would not like it and all clans would have a little harder time getting an even match due to less clans to choose from (which doesn't mean that outweighs the benefit). It doesn't "solve" the "problems" you have said you want it for, but some would just like to do it because they prefer one attack.

One attack wars don't really benefit you other than if you just find them more fun. They won't help your mismatches (could make them worse). There is less strategy in one attack wars. If anything, they benefit the clans that don't currently use a good war strategy. It is much easier/simpler. Just attack every base once. It doesn't take as much coordination as a good plan in 2 attack wars does. Some of those clans you reference that burn their high attacks on a dip right away? That is a very bad strategy in 2 attack wars, but those clans that don't have good strategy might benefit from one attack wars since less strategy is needed. Some would probably use mirror attacking like they do now, which is a bad strategy for 1 or 2 attack wars.
    I don't play cwl because I never understand how to opt out since the opting out option is confusing and doesn't work. I'm just not really interested in a war that takes place over 1 week. It is too long. I like the one attack system with the duration of a normal clan war. Mirror attacking is good if the mismatch is in your favour (you have the advantage over the other clan by matchmaking) I don't really do mirror attacks but It is the best option the way I'm playing because my number 1 base is required to mirror attack their number 1 base. I would prefer one attack since it would be more accomplishing to get a perfect war. It can be seen as simpler because the strategy is simpler. However the pressure has been raised. I think I prefer very high pressure since I feel like the wars are too tame when the bases are too easy to fail on or those wars when I feel like I have too many chances so I don't mess up due to the anti-climactic experience.

Centennial Club
    I don't play cwl because I never understand how to opt out since the opting out option is confusing and doesn't work. I'm just not really interested in a war that takes place over 1 week. It is too long. I like the one attack system with the duration of a normal clan war. Mirror attacking is good if the mismatch is in your favour (you have the advantage over the other clan by matchmaking) I don't really do mirror attacks but It is the best option the way I'm playing because my number 1 base is required to mirror attack their number 1 base. I would prefer one attack since it would be more accomplishing to get a perfect war. It can be seen as simpler because the strategy is simpler. However the pressure has been raised. I think I prefer very high pressure since I feel like the wars are too tame when the bases are too easy to fail on or those wars when I feel like I have too many chances so I don't mess up due to the anti-climactic experience.
    Opting out in CWL does not work or you just don't understand how to use it? Or maybe you do not have anyone to replace you in the roster.

If you want high pressure attack, you can just attack with anything you have for looting or you can attack with troops you do not usually use.

One-attacks will ruin the essence of a clan war. That is the coordinated attacks that your clan need to do in order to overcome the adversary. I do not know if your clan knows how to do it because what I'm reading from replies you are a one-man clan. I will give you an advice: I was once a one-man clan before, I stayed floating in master league in CWL with my own accounts. But when I opened my door and accept members, our clan rose to Champs2 because two minds are always better than one. It is not too late to change the way you play (I am not saying that it is wrong). But if you want something for a long run, you should find a clan or people that can help you.