Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New clan wars solution (credits to a guy in the original forums)

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Ok I've got a solution to that. How about the one attack wars and the two attack wars don't co-exist and they are only available at alternating times in the day.
    00:00 - 01:00 = 2 attack wars
    01:00 - 02:00 = 1 attack wars
    02:00 - 03:00 = 2 attack wars
    etc. up until 23:00 then the cycle repeats itself on a daily basis. Do you prefer this idea?
    It doesn’t fix anything though. As an example:

2400 clans total. let’s assume 10% spin during every hour of the day = 100 per hour.

The way it is today that means that potentially 100 clans could be matched to any of the others all day long.

Using the same numbers but using your methodology:

2400 clans and half want single and half want double attack. 1200 clans each.

Every two hours 100 clans can match for single and on alternate hours, 100 match for double. They do still have the same amount of opponents to match when they spin but only half as often and only half of the total (2400).

Add to that that single spin wars would require that clans limit their rosters and do not put in lower THs near as often and that is an additional negative for single spinners.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Ok I've got a solution to that. How about the one attack wars and the two attack wars don't co-exist and they are only available at alternating times in the day.
    00:00 - 01:00 = 2 attack wars
    01:00 - 02:00 = 1 attack wars
    02:00 - 03:00 = 2 attack wars
    etc. up until 23:00 then the cycle repeats itself on a daily basis. Do you prefer this idea?
    Definitely not. I already get to take part in 1 attack wars for one week each month and 2 attacks wars for the other roughly 3 weeks each month. I'd hate to be forced into a narrow war start time window just to add a feature I don't think is needed. I don't want to have to wait an extra hour to declare war just because my last war ended at 1:01. I also don't think this would do much to help the matchmaking issue anyway.

I would much rather they just add 1 attack wars as an option without these forced time frames. The possibility of more uneven matches would be better than forced time to declare. This idea of one attack wars has been around for a long time. We've discussed it before. That is probably why some of us are focusing more on your particular situation. I don't think it does a lot to address your problems in particular. Mismatches are much harder to overcome in one attack wars, in my opinion. In two attack wars it still is a disadvantage if the other clan is stronger, but with two attacks each at least you have a chance to make up for it.
    Last edited by 2222; March 4th, 2021 at 09:19 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Millennial Club
    1 attack wars would be great. I would definitely like to see this and would be happy if it was an option or just changed so all wars were one hit wars.
    I don’t like the idea however of set starting times.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #64
    I offered a solution by putting time posts for wars.
    A "solution" that would be far worse than the supposed problem.

I like this idea. One thing I see a lot in cwl is most teams using completely different attacking kits from regular wars because it is uneven.

for instance in my clan its normal for th10s to go up against th11s. Weve done it so much that its just an ok whatever type of thing, but it requires a different attacking kit than normal wars. So, we can never practice much for cwl outside of it.

Pro Member
    What are you trying to say? What has this got to do with single attack wars?
    Sorry OP. Us older fellas that canít keep up should just be quite. I guess I was still trying to help you with your dissatisfaction which I wrongly assumed was a problem you were trying to solve. You were correct that I assumed due to your use of the word Ďsolutioní. Thanks for responding. Sounds like you are getting some positive feedback here. Please carry on.
    Last edited by JD4U; March 5th, 2021 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post
    Sorry OP. Us older fellas that canít keep up should just be quite. I guess I was still trying to help you with your dissatisfaction which I wrongly assumed was a problem you were trying to solve. You were correct that I assumed due to your use of the word Ďsolutioní. Thanks for responding. Sounds like you are getting some positive feedback here. Please carry on.
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    It doesnít fix anything though. As an example:

2400 clans total. letís assume 10% spin during every hour of the day = 100 per hour.

The way it is today that means that potentially 100 clans could be matched to any of the others all day long.

Using the same numbers but using your methodology:

2400 clans and half want single and half want double attack. 1200 clans each.

Every two hours 100 clans can match for single and on alternate hours, 100 match for double. They do still have the same amount of opponents to match when they spin but only half as often and only half of the total (2400).

Add to that that single spin wars would require that clans limit their rosters and do not put in lower THs near as often and that is an additional negative for single spinners.
    It's hard to think of a solution for 2 attack wars and single attack wars to co-exist.

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    1 attack wars would be great. I would definitely like to see this and would be happy if it was an option or just changed so all wars were one hit wars.
    I don’t like the idea however of set starting times.
    Yep thanks for agreeing. I'll remove the idea of start times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    A "solution" that would be far worse than the supposed problem.
    Yep I think I see it now.