Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New clan wars solution (credits to a guy in the original forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I don't play cwl because I never understand how to opt out since the opting out option is confusing and doesn't work. I'm just not really interested in a war that takes place over 1 week. It is too long. I like the one attack system with the duration of a normal clan war. Mirror attacking is good if the mismatch is in your favour (you have the advantage over the other clan by matchmaking) I don't really do mirror attacks but It is the best option the way I'm playing because my number 1 base is required to mirror attack their number 1 base. I would prefer one attack since it would be more accomplishing to get a perfect war. It can be seen as simpler because the strategy is simpler. However the pressure has been raised. I think I prefer very high pressure since I feel like the wars are too tame when the bases are too easy to fail on or those wars when I feel like I have too many chances so I don't mess up due to the anti-climactic experience.
    You don't have to opt out of CWL. You just don't opt into CWL. After the 2 day sign-up period ends, you can take part in regular classic wars and not CWL. This is all different than you saying you don't take part in CWL because it is never around when you are available. That was the part I didn't understand. It is a week long and you only have to attack once per day (or twice on one day and none on the next depending on the war start time). I'm sure there are plenty of CWL clans out there that would be happy to have you for as many days as you can attack.

Mirror attacking is never the best strategy for winning. It is often used because it is the easiest to organize, but it isn't the best plan to win, I don't care what your match is. Whether you have a mismatch or not, you are better off fully analyzing the whole map in 1 attack wars and determining the best way to get the most stars. In two attack wars, working from the bottom up is generally the best plan if you can organize it. It is much easier in smaller wars like 10v and 15v than it would be in large wars.

If you want higher pressure wars, I recommend joining a good war clan.

I'd say I don't understand how to use it as I've only done participated twice in cwl with one cwl where I didn't even participate for the whole 7 days. Well, my clan isn't EXACTLY a one man clan. There are 19 players and I have 5 active accounts of myself in that clan (I have 2 other accounts which I've lost the email addresses to) and every other player is my clan is just a dead base. Yh, I'll consider looking for a clan. I think someone else suggested the same thing. Ever since I discovered how to make new accounts I wanted to make a one man clan and thought it would be beneficial. It is to some extent but then today's war I've lost because my opponent had a siege machine in his clan castle and I didn't so I was put at a disadvantage on my th10. I also think that the level 1 multi-target infernos didn't help either (now I know why my opponent keeps it at single). But yh, I'll try looking for a clan soon. I guess I really need a siege machine before I get pummelled because I can't access one.
    Yeah, if you are the only active player in the clan, that is a one person clan. I think you'll have more fun in a good clan that has other active players in it. Even a not-so-good clan would probably be more fun if they are nice.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    You don't have to opt out of CWL. You just don't opt into CWL. After the 2 day sign-up period ends, you can take part in regular classic wars and not CWL. This is all different than you saying you don't take part in CWL because it is never around when you are available. That was the part I didn't understand. It is a week long and you only have to attack once per day (or twice on one day and none on the next depending on the war start time). I'm sure there are plenty of CWL clans out there that would be happy to have you for as many days as you can attack.

Mirror attacking is never the best strategy for winning. It is often used because it is the easiest to organize, but it isn't the best plan to win, I don't care what your match is. Whether you have a mismatch or not, you are better off fully analyzing the whole map in 1 attack wars and determining the best way to get the most stars. In two attack wars, working from the bottom up is generally the best plan if you can organize it. It is much easier in smaller wars like 10v and 15v than it would be in large wars.

If you want higher pressure wars, I recommend joining a good war clan.

Yeah, if you are the only active player in the clan, that is a one person clan. I think you'll have more fun in a good clan that has other active players in it. Even a not-so-good clan would probably be more fun if they are nice.
    Yep I joined an active war clan with my 2nd account but I left all my other accounts in the one man clan just in case I want to go back. IMO cwl is too long but I like the concept. Clan wars is good but there is not enough pressure since you can mess up once but still get a perfect war. If those two modes were merged together that would be preferable but right now I'm trying to max my th10 troops.

Forum All-Star
    Clan wars is good but there is not enough pressure since you can mess up once but still get a perfect war. If those two modes were merged together that would be preferable but right now I'm trying to max my th10 troops.
    The problem is your experience and ideas come from 5v5 wars not the much larger 20-30 or even 50v50 wars. Majority of them are not perfect wars.

Yep I joined an active war clan with my 2nd account but I left all my other accounts in the one man clan just in case I want to go back. IMO cwl is too long but I like the concept. Clan wars is good but there is not enough pressure since you can mess up once but still get a perfect war. If those two modes were merged together that would be preferable but right now I'm trying to max my th10 troops.
    If your clan is getting perfect wars easy it’s because you’re doing low level wars and you’re doing it with 6 years of experience. Again, I recommend joining a larger clan with halls going up to Th13.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    If your clan is getting perfect wars easy itís because youíre doing low level wars and youíre doing it with 6 years of experience. Again, I recommend joining a larger clan with halls going up to Th13.
    Actually. I've only got 1 perfect war out of 15 in my 5v5 because of my max th9 so the bases were quite difficult but I mean the rest of the bases that was not number 1 was easy. I joined a clan on my th10 account but I didn't want to join a too competitive one so I joined one where the top th10 uses gowipe and he actually is good at using it by the war log I've seen (ik pros hate gowipe but it actually is better than you'd think) . He got a 3 star on a th10 and a 2 star 75% on a th11.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; March 6th, 2021 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    The problem is your experience and ideas come from 5v5 wars not the much larger 20-30 or even 50v50 wars. Majority of them are not perfect wars.
    TBH. After I've came back, I've only got 1 perfect war out of 15 wars in my one man clan. I mean that the only bases that are easy are the town hall 8s and below.