Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Termination of Super Troop

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    I, we, most people care, we need to farm D.E by attacking yours and other's juicy bases.
    I agree with the OP. You should be able to cancel in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by StanDadVille View Post
    Is this really about wasting DE? SC have given us the appearance of great flexibility in terms of attacking army and strategy and then taken them away again. I can see that the better players in a war might want to choose the army that they attack with based on the defending layout. However, due to the inflexibility of super troop baking, most of those potential alternative strategies are unavailable. This is exacerbated by wanting to donate defensive super troops too. It makes no sense to me at all
    Oh my ... an extra feature now is a total necessity and the whole reason SC has given time and time again (in choosing super troops, one should choose wisely, there are aspects of planning, strategy and other factors involved, check Darian's answers about it, I'm not making this up) is what? Makes no sense? Makes perfect sense.

They have started with the super troops, then added to them, and we now even get to use two at the same time, WITHOUT a cooldown... but no, it's never enough ... what has been 'taken away'? Nothing. Without the super troops, one could attack as well, right? Nothing has been 'taken away'. Or are you speaking of the unintended mishap/bug where people had three or more different super troops available? That was not supposed to have happened anyway...

Honestly I think itís simply so that you canít build an army with more than 2 Supers at once...you can already work the system by waiting for your current Supers to expire and selecting different ones...donít know if ppl go to that trouble or not already. And since Supers are camp space costly, I canít see a heavy mixed Super comp being a great idea, but overall it seems like an attempt to keep things in check in this regard.

I was a proponent of being able to cancel Supers prior to having 2 super options and 3 days instead of seven. At this point I find the situation very usable and donít have complaints myself.

And no, Supers donít really have an effect on your DE situation if your an active daily player. Itís good that they cost Dark, but Iím usually full on Dark by the end of the day so meh there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClanimals View Post
    <snip>
    And no, Supers don’t really have an effect on your DE situation if your an active daily player. It’s good that they cost Dark, but I’m usually full on Dark by the end of the day so meh there.
    yeah, our maxers weren't happy with the discount lol ... oh well, we all have our things to meh about

New Bloke/Chick
    I don't see why they would not want people to be able to cancel the troops. Think about it, I spend DE on a troop and change my mind and cancel the troop, then I turn around and spend more DE and deside I want to cancel again and get something else. All the sudden I am getting low on DE and need some more.... Maybe I spend actual money on a deal to get more. There is money to be made still, just by allowing me to cancel my troop and pick again. So if I cancel it, just remove it from my two armies I have cooked. WIN WIN WIN

It used to be 7 days and we were told to deal with it and better plan ahead. A whole week was kinda too much and the current 3 day cooldown is more than manageable in my opinion.

And shorter you'll be going into the realms of affecting the DE economy.

The in game economy does seem quite sensitive. Remember when walls from level 1 could be upgraded with elixir? I felt absolutely starved for elixir that week. Was barely making enough to cover the army costs.

Quote Originally Posted by FlexyMcRoid View Post
    I don't see why they would not want people to be able to cancel the troops. Think about it, I spend DE on a troop and change my mind and cancel the troop, then I turn around and spend more DE and deside I want to cancel again and get something else. All the sudden I am getting low on DE and need some more.... Maybe I spend actual money on a deal to get more. There is money to be made still, just by allowing me to cancel my troop and pick again. So if I cancel it, just remove it from my two armies I have cooked. WIN WIN WIN
    But all that DE you are spending and cancelling, is DE that is no longer flowing in the economy ... and let's say 100k users do the same (if not many more) ... there would be a relative drought relatively quickly most likely

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    But all that DE you are spending and cancelling, is DE that is no longer flowing in the economy ... and let's say 100k users do the same (if not many more) ... there would be a relative drought relatively quickly most likely
    Many max players prefer to stay in legends to remain competitive,them having a cancellation option won't hurt de farmers but this mechanism for different sets of players will be difficult to implement in game.

Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    Many max players prefer to stay in legends to remain competitive,them having a cancellation option won't hurt de farmers but this mechanism for different sets of players will be difficult to implement in game.
    ... I would think that, even though there are quite a few in legends, there are the same numbers higher ups who use super troops that are not in legends, for several reasons ... (8 attacks/day is too much, or not enough, for instance)

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Hmm. So walk me through how that increases SC's profitability again?