Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Termination of Super Troop

  1. #21
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,426
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanDrago1 View Post
    Hmm. So walk me through how that increases SC's profitability again?
    I didn't see justme saying anything about that. Being able to cancel at will could have a big negative impact on the de economy though anywhere other than legends. My th12 mini currently has no use for it so my collectors are full and it routinely offers 10k de to attackers. If I could cancel, activate, cancel, and so on, I could dump a ton of de to be a less attractive target. There could be a lot fewer whales for people to attack.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I didn't see justme saying anything about that. Being able to cancel at will could have a big negative impact on the de economy though anywhere other than legends. My th12 mini currently has no use for it so my collectors are full and it routinely offers 10k de to attackers. If I could cancel, activate, cancel, and so on, I could dump a ton of de to be a less attractive target. There could be a lot fewer whales for people to attack.

    I think this would not impact many people, the ones that are not in legends league most likely need resources so would be spending them as they gain them anyway. I can't see a billion people being in Titans league and adding and dumping a super troop 12 times just to lower the DE amount so they don't become a target. Plus if we are spending more DE on super troops then people will also be spending more gems and money for ruins when an update drops and they need to be full. So there is money to be made by allowing us to cancel. Money > minimal impact on DE economy

  3. #23
    Forum Contender joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    4,914
    Quote Originally Posted by FlexyMcRoid View Post
    I think this would not impact many people, the ones that are not in legends league most likely need resources so would be spending them as they gain them anyway. I can't see a billion people being in Titans league and adding and dumping a super troop 12 times just to lower the DE amount so they don't become a target. Plus if we are spending more DE on super troops then people will also be spending more gems and money for ruins when an update drops and they need to be full. So there is money to be made by allowing us to cancel. Money > minimal impact on DE economy
    There would be impact.. As to the amount, nobody except SC knows.
    I am finished all dark work on my base, am sitting on 530k dark atm, have GP, and currently 0 dark in my season bank.
    As we speak, I have SGobbed back down to my start position in Gold, in prep for the month ahead..

    So if I suddenly dumped all my dark, then that dark would be removed from the economy..
    And if the Tens, Hundreds, or Thousands that dont push their account were to do likewise, then those that actually raid for dark take the hit.

    Instead of looking for a rule change, I will do as I have done every month since my heroes maxed..
    I will continue to leave anything dark outside of the walls..
    I will use dark armies to raid for G+E (once cwl is done)..
    I will continue to carry 2x supers at all times..
    And I will have filled my season bank before the end of the month.

    Nothing wrong with the system..
    It is how you operate within the system that makes the difference.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I didn't see justme saying anything about that. Being able to cancel at will could have a big negative impact on the de economy though anywhere other than legends. My th12 mini currently has no use for it so my collectors are full and it routinely offers 10k de to attackers. If I could cancel, activate, cancel, and so on, I could dump a ton of de to be a less attractive target. There could be a lot fewer whales for people to attack.
    While I'm not really sure it would even remotely make a significant difference, okay...

    I think the point that was made earlier was that it would be in SC's best interest from a profit perspective to allow ST cancelation. In my mind, that's essentially what was being communicated.

    The idea that there's more DE in the economy seems inverse to their profit motive.
    Last edited by IvanDrago1; March 4th, 2021 at 12:08 AM.

  5. #25
    Forum Contender joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    4,914
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanDrago1 View Post
    Sure.

    I think the point that was made earlier was that it would be in SC's best interest from a profit perspective to allow ST cancellation. In my mind, that's essentially what was being communicated.

    The idea that there's more DE in the economy seems inverse to their profit motive.
    If you had been around a little longer, you would probably be aware that, although the game is designed by nature to generate revenue and profits, that more or less is achieved by SC carefully monitoring how the game is functioning.

    And since one progresses ones account by raiding for resources, then it is surely in their best interest to ensure the game economy is rich in resources, as this is one of the things that will keep people engaged and coming back for more.
    If they had simply looked to squeeze every available penny out of the game possible, then most likely there would be no GP, and probably no game either by now.
    Need to be looking at a long ball game for sustained success.

  6. #26
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by FlexyMcRoid View Post
    I can't see a billion people being in Titans league and adding and dumping a super troop 12 times just to lower the DE amount so they don't become a target.
    If only 10% of the players chose to do so, it already impact the DE economy as whole. Since the previous 10% available DE is now gone, players will look elsewhere for that 10%, and more likely to the lower league which is where that 90% is. Consequently players in lower league (the next 10%) will find DE in even lower league (where the 80% is), and so on.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; March 4th, 2021 at 01:31 AM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    If you had been around a little longer
    Please explain exactly why you just said that.

    As for the rest, I won't even comment. My advice to you is...don't assume you know the person on the other side of the screen

  8. #28
    If the DE economy is going to be just absolutely crushed by being able to cancel super troops, to the point where the game might even have to just shut down because of DE loss, then allow us to switch troops even one time keeping the same timer running for the 25K. One little switcharoo wouldn't impact anything, you want to switch? The super troop you switch away from dissapears from your brewed army. No harm no foul

  9. #29
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,426
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanDrago1 View Post
    While I'm not really sure it would even remotely make a significant difference, okay...

    I think the point that was made earlier was that it would be in SC's best interest from a profit perspective to allow ST cancelation. In my mind, that's essentially what was being communicated.

    The idea that there's more DE in the economy seems inverse to their profit motive.
    I think that was a comment from the op. Its actually more beneficial to supercel's profit to have resources very plentiful. Oh my. I am almost overflowing in x resource, look, there's a book offer. Let me buy it to use my resources.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlexyMcRoid View Post
    If the DE economy is going to be just absolutely crushed by being able to cancel super troops, to the point where the game might even have to just shut down because of DE loss, then allow us to switch troops even one time keeping the same timer running for the 25K. One little switcharoo wouldn't impact anything, you want to switch? The super troop you switch away from dissapears from your brewed army. No harm no foul
    The easy solution requiring no action is to suggest using a book of patience. Its 3 days and you have 2 slots. Use them wisely.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  10. #30
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by FlexyMcRoid View Post
    If the DE economy is going to be just absolutely crushed by being able to cancel super troops, to the point where the game might even have to just shut down because of DE loss, then allow us to switch troops even one time keeping the same timer running for the 25K. One little switcharoo wouldn't impact anything, you want to switch? The super troop you switch away from dissapears from your brewed army. No harm no foul
    While it may not be harmful for you individually, but it removes the whole purpose of 3 days Super Troops Activation period and the limitation of 2 Super Troops for the same period, it removes the strategic factor required in managing your Super Troops choice.

    This is a strategy game, the choice you made in the game should mean something and not just any decision that you could change at any given time you want. Like hitting a war base, you couldn't change the base you hit once you realize you are not going to triple the base right? The same way activating a Super Troops where you already knew the activation period is 3 days, means that you have to sit out that 3 days even if you doesn't like the Super Troop you chose.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; March 4th, 2021 at 04:56 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •