Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Termination of Super Troop

Quote Originally Posted by IvanDrago1 View Post
    Please explain exactly why you just said that.

As for the rest, I won't even comment. My advice to you is...don't assume you know the person on the other side of the screen
    Why..
    If you had been posting longer, or been a long time lurker, then you should have noticed time after time whereby Darian insists not every move by SC is aimed at generating more money..
    He is quite insistent that the dev teams main objective is to produce a game that they can be proud of, and people enjoy playing.

As for the rest.. It dont matter to me whom is behind your screen..
    It is my opinion on why I think the game has stood the test of time..

Centennial Club
    Pretty sure the objective of Supercell is to maximize the return to their shareholders. They are not a charity.

That said, they also need to take into account their multiple stakeholders to achieve this, else they will not have any players and will then not earn any money.

This is not a bad thing - just life.
    Last edited by Gindie; March 5th, 2021 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Gindie View Post
    Pretty sure the objective of Supercell is to maximize the return to their shareholders. They are not a charity.

That said, they also need it take into account their multiple stakeholders to achieve this, else they will not have any players and will them not earn any money.

This is not a bad thing - just life.
    It should be stakeholders and not just shareholders.No gaming company can survive without happy players.

Centennial Club
    Yeah, agreed - the only way to maximise shareholder returns is to keep their stakeholders (ie us) happy.

(There is a bigger issue around whether one thinks the purpose of companies should be to serve the greater good v shareholders but that is a bit off topic / forum)

Back on topic - not sure I see a need to be able terminate a super troop. Works fine as it is.

Uhm.. if people really insist with a "cancellation" of super troop, the "switching" might be a viable one, but have it a timer like say you can only switch to another super troop within 5 minutes otherwise you have to wait for it to expire. The "switch" timer will have like 7 days of cooldown?

5 minutes could be sufficient enough to give room for lets say a mistakenly activated super troop while keeping the "you face the consequences of your actions"-ish.

Economy wouldn't get hurt, decisive actions are still crucial part of activating super troop and I only see this "switching" for accidental scenarios, not for consistently switching super troops at your discretion.
    Last edited by maximooze007; March 5th, 2021 at 01:59 AM.

I vaguely remember that a week before we could directly choose two super troops, people were still arguing about why we could not use two of them directly. So it's just yes or no.
    Next, the part about discarding DE. Obviously guys are all veterans, but why do you still act like that you don't understand the game mechanics. In COC, if you are strong, your opponent will be strong; if you are winning streak, so are your opponents; when you don't need DE and discard it, your opponent usually doesn't need DE either.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by DenTang View Post
    In COC, if you are strong, your opponent will be strong; if you are winning streak, so are your opponents; when you don't need DE and discard it, your opponent usually doesn't need DE either.
    From my understanding your opponent in Multiplayers matchmaking is based on Trophy Count, it's never about Offense/Defense Strength or Winning Streak like how it is in Clan War? The players you attacked and the players that attack your base is 99% different players too.
    Can you explain a bit more why your opponent doesn't need the DE just because you doesn't need DE?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    From my understanding your opponent in Multiplayers matchmaking is based on Trophy Count, it's never about Offense/Defense Strength or Winning Streak like how it is in Clan War? The players you attacked and the players that attack your base is 99% different players too.
    Can you explain a bit more why your opponent doesn't need the DE just because you doesn't need DE?
    Thinking about why a MAX TH13 drops to 0 trophy, it is still difficult to encounter TH1. Choose any Trophy Count for farming, and there are millions of players in that number. The elements of matching are not single.

Back to the topic of discarding DE, (after excluding extremes) what is the state in which most people might want to discard DE? Tip: When recalling your own experience, don't forget, you usually press "Next" several times when attacking.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #49
    Thinking about why a MAX TH13 drops to 0 trophy, it is still difficult to encounter TH1. Choose any Trophy Count for farming, and there are millions of players in that number. The elements of matching are not single.

Back to the topic of discarding DE, (after excluding extremes) what is the state in which most people might want to discard DE? Tip: When recalling your own experience, don't forget, you usually press "Next" several times when attacking.
    If you can press next, then you WILL be in a trophy range where many of those seeing you as a target will be wanting DE.

The only time you are in the situation where you have overflowing DE and many of the people attacking you are not interested in your DE is when you are in Legends.

I am probably an exception to the rule..
    But I maxed all dark, have 496k dark in my bank, am in Gold 2 atm, and my dark storage and drills are all outside of the walls..
    I farm G+E because I still have several upgrades to do before my base is fully max, including 130 or so wall pieces.

I see 13s mainly, and 13s seem to see me when looking at my log..
    But although my account is strong, the opponents usually arent..
    I farm dead bases in one direction with sgobs, then all dark on the way back up..
    But I also farm defenses due to my dark being easily obtainable..
    And in my farming range, people are looking for loot rather than trophies..

So the "I'm strong so you're strong" that occurs on the war map doesn't appear to be applicable in multiplayer..
    It seems to be more in conjunction with what tier you are in.. The higher the tier, the stronger the bases.

My reason for discarding dark?
    Only 1 reason.. I purchase GP so would like to fill my season bank.
    I realise I dont need it.. But like many players, it is there, so feel compelled to do it.. Maybe once I been sitting at max for a while this feeling will go away.