Thread: Some feedback on cwl and starting new clans

Some feedback on cwl and starting new clans

In my clan, we decided to start a new clan for our lower account to participate in the current cwl. In this fresh new clan, the first opponent we get a complete unnfair match w.r.t. th-level. This means we will get crushed by this opponent, while I would expect that for the first cwl search, we would be matched up against equal clans. We have the same experience when playing cwl with th-levels below th13. We get often crushed by clans that have only th13s lined up. There is no fun in playing unfair wars. I would hope that supercell would do some balancing in the match-ups in the cwl. They did a very good job in the normal cw matchmaking.

When starting a new clan, one of the issues we face is donation. The limitation of only 6 troops and the long waiting times for additional requests don't fit wirhin fhe current game play. I can truly image that new players quit the game due to this extremely long waiting times. I think it is a good idea to have a more closer look at this.

I play this game for many years and I hope for many years to come. I think it would be nice for new players to progress a bit more rapidly through the townhall levels, but also w.r.t. the clan perks.

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldLamers View Post
    .... while I would expect that for the first cwl search, we would be matched up against equal clans. ....
    Which was an erroneous expectation. Initial placement is by hidden algorithms, which may, or may not (we simply do not know), be unchanged since CWL first began. The objective is to place initially a clan in some tier, and allow them, by monthly performance, to play up or down until they naturally settle in a tier.

Should they provide some method to initially seed via population profiles of the current tier membership? Well, no. That would simply encourage clans to disband and reform under a new clan each month to manipulate seeding, as opposed to placement by performance.

So yes, they could look at the current initial seeding algorithms and insure they reflect the current state. But, we should not expect "perfect placement". That is the clans job, to "play into" the "best fit tier".
    Last edited by rowman; March 3rd, 2021 at 12:12 AM.

When starting a new baby clan, i would suggest taking everyone there and doing the largest wars you can possibly support (while getting at least 1 star on every opponent base). You'll advance the clan through the lower levels fast enough that you can get the perks to a better level quickly.

In my clan, we decided to start a new clan for our lower account to participate in the current cwl. In this fresh new clan, the first opponent we get a complete unnfair match w.r.t. th-level. This means we will get crushed by this opponent, while I would expect that for the first cwl search, we would be matched up against equal clans. We have the same experience when playing cwl with th-levels below th13. We get often crushed by clans that have only th13s lined up. There is no fun in playing unfair wars. I would hope that supercell would do some balancing in the match-ups in the cwl. They did a very good job in the normal cw matchmaking.

When starting a new clan, one of the issues we face is donation. The limitation of only 6 troops and the long waiting times for additional requests don't fit wirhin fhe current game play. I can truly image that new players quit the game due to this extremely long waiting times. I think it is a good idea to have a more closer look at this.

I play this game for many years and I hope for many years to come. I think it would be nice for new players to progress a bit more rapidly through the townhall levels, but also w.r.t. the clan perks.
    First, you need to ask "why is my clan in the same league as our opponent?" After you consider the possible answers to that question, you will then know you should not assume you will get crushed. Maybe you will, that happens, but maybe not, due to the answers to that first question.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

On issue #1.. You seed dependent on the weight of your heaviest 15 or 30 accounts enrolled for that initial season..
    The weight bracket is pre set as a fast track method of getting clans somewhere close to what would be expected for their weight..
    Trouble is, that was likely some time ago, so natural movement and growth within the format will have totally transformed the landscape since the weighting scale was introduced.

On issue #2.. yeah mate, donations and perks are an issue for a new clan, if the membership doesnt consist of all top halls.
    But this should have been a consideration that the new leader was well aware of before creating that clan..
    When I handed over my then level 12 clan to start anew, I fully realised that I would be starting from scratch.. That 2 level donation bump and longer wait time was a price I was willing to pay when I jumped..
    As for new players and quitting.. Why would they?
    All they have to do is move to a more advanced clan.. There are at least hundreds of thousands of clans, with an array of hall mixes and clan levels.

And new players can advance very rapidly thru the town levels in the current game set up..
    The lower halls especially have been considerably condensed.