Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL kills large clans

CWL kills large clans

I used to run a large competitive clan until CWL came out and we got to champ league. Champ league forces clans to only take their top 15 people instead of top 30v30 in lower leagues. This caused 2 groups to form and eventually split because the ďBĒ team always felt short changed they would not be selected for the main clan in cwl. This also caused people to quit the game entirely since the top bases upgraded faster for being in higher cwl leagues and they couldnt get in fast enough. I think CWL forces clans to shrink or forces them to start mini clans just for lower town halls too feel they are participating but they really arenít for their main clan. I know some clans can make it work but it seems like CWL is just too restrictive overall for larger clans. We shouldnt need to decide between having a large clan everyone can participate in versus splitting the clan once a month(an alienating people) or shrinking the clan to a core reliable 15.
    Last edited by CrazyWolf556; March 2nd, 2021 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWolf556 View Post
    I used to run a large competitive clan until CWL came out and we got to champ league. Champ league forces clans to only take their top 15 people instead of top 30v30 in lower leagues. This caused 2 groups to form and eventually split because the “B” team always felt short changed they would not be selected for the main clan in cwl. This also caused people to quit the game entirely since the top bases upgraded faster for being in higher cwl leagues and they couldnt get in fast enough. I think CWL forces clans to shrink or forces them to start mini clans just for lower town halls too feel they are participating but they really aren’t for their main clan. I know some clans can make it work but it seems like CWL is just too restrictive overall for larger clans. We shouldnt need to decide between having a large clan everyone can participate in versus splitting the clan once a month(an alienating people) or shrinking the clan to a core reliable 15.
    So what is your suggestion for improvement?

With the ultimate challenge being to finish top of the tree and qualify for the play offs..
    What is the suggestion for that stage, when the clan needs to further reduce it to only 5 players?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWolf556 View Post
    I used to run a large competitive clan until CWL came out and we got to champ league. Champ league forces clans to only take their top 15 people instead of top 30v30 in lower leagues. This caused 2 groups to form and eventually split because the “B” team always felt short changed they would not be selected for the main clan in cwl. This also caused people to quit the game entirely since the top bases upgraded faster for being in higher cwl leagues and they couldnt get in fast enough. I think CWL forces clans to shrink or forces them to start mini clans just for lower town halls too feel they are participating but they really aren’t for their main clan. I know some clans can make it work but it seems like CWL is just too restrictive overall for larger clans. We shouldnt need to decide between having a large clan everyone can participate in versus splitting the clan once a month(an alienating people) or shrinking the clan to a core reliable 15.
    The issue is that there simply aren't enough clans at the higher levels to make it viable to have both sizes there. It is very borderline TBH even at Masters - there were only 363 30v30 groups at Masters 1 last season.

I think Clash Royal has a fairly good war system promoting activity but I am not sure what the improvement could be for CoC. Adding 30v30 to Champ or higher isnt the answer either bcuz I understand the matchmaking issues and agree.

This post was more of me sharing my experience and that of my clan. Hopefully people smarter than myself can come up with a new hook that promotes more participation instead of forcing clans to split. The sister clan also experiences morale problems since it can only do 15 or 30 and if we are missing anyone then we need to bring minis to fill spots and they do not really contribute since they low TH level. Now the players we asked to leave the main clan are stuck losing matches in the sister clan. They leave which means we have a cycle of poor mini performance and good people leaving then we need more minis.

Im a long time player and only want it to get better after having these experiences.

Pro Member
    Not sure if this helps...
    We have four clans that includes minis. One is nearly an empty shell. We divide into 15 wars with smaller minis sitting on bench and larger minis willing to help or just struggle to get 8 stars in a clan that we donít care if drops-no one cares much if the larger minis lose.

Not sure your specific details, but could a 3rd 15 size war be better than a 15 and 30?
    Last edited by JD4U; March 3rd, 2021 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The issue is that there simply aren't enough clans at the higher levels to make it viable to have both sizes there. It is very borderline TBH even at Masters - there were only 363 30v30 groups at Masters 1 last season.
    Agreed, but I'm only adding this to note that one of the problems with 30v30 at Masters1 is they kick out all of the first place teams. I think it would be better for the first place teams to stay in Masters1, just like how in 15v15 the first place teams stay in Champs1.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post
    Not sure if this helps...
    We have four clans that includes minis. One is nearly an empty shell. We divide into 15 wars with smaller minis sitting on bench and larger minis willing to help or just struggle to get 8 stars in a clan that we donít care if drops-no one cares much if the larger minis lose.

Not sure your specific details, but could a 3rd 15 size war be better than a 15 and 30?
    Unfortunately the damage has already been done and our clan has shrunk by a significant amount because the transition from a 30v30 down to 15. At first we would select our 15 and everyone wanted in. including our th12s since they helped get us to Champs doing 30 then when we brought them in our 15 we got smashed so we moved to doing tournaments for spots. This way skill and upgrades won out for CWL spots but trying to coordinate so many people in a monthly tournament for spots burned a few Coís out and drove several long time members away because of the hassle.They just wanted in. It also caused problems were people just forfeited bcuz they knew they couldn't beat their matchup. This didn't feel good for either side.

I think the vast majority of clans will never have the time or dedication to get to qualifiers so we causals are really stuck. If we stop doing CWL then no one gets points and we lose folks and we lose that as a recruitment tool. When we do get a new TH13 the choices are either to sit them until we have an opt out from our core 15 or we send them to our mini clan were its in a much lower league which doesnt feel good for the new person.

The last option we had was our clan losing cwl on purpose to stay 30v30 but at that point we couldn't even field 30 th13s so we took a mix of th12/13s the first time we tried it. The first time we tried it we faced brand new clans that were filled with only th13s and they just crushed every other clan that season including ours. I think these clans just restart when they get to champ so they can keep crushing it 30v30 in master. This totally killed the morale of the clan for a while because we thought we would face a mix of th13/12 like we did when cwl first came out but we were soooo mistaken not knowing about how clans are gaming the 30v30 system. If we had known that back when we were a large clan we probably would have done this too just to retain our members.

So our choices are really have a small clan or game the system by creating brand new clans then trying to get it filled with 30 th13s then start over again when it hit champs.

My apologies for this post being long and full of complaints. I am the type of person that likes to offer up solutions but everything my clan and I have tried so far has fallen flat and caused our clan to be permanently shrunk. I hope the Devs are reading this since many of the clans i have followed have suffered the same fate. I know they have all the data and info to make the right choice but in my opinion I wish they would change cwl to include more people or do as Clash Royal did and revamp the entire system to award clan participation and not just reward the top 15.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Re your comment of there being only 363 groups, do you get this info as Moderator, or is there somewhere that we can see this data?
    If we can see this, it could be interesting especially if there is anything else that comes with it...

thx

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    Re your comment of there being only 363 groups, do you get this info as Moderator, or is there somewhere that we can see this data?
    If we can see this, it could be interesting especially if there is anything else that comes with it...

thx
    You could pm the author of this thread and ask where/how he got his data:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...league-rosters

I guess you don't know that searching CWL in an unranked clan, with an average weight over 120k places it in Masters I.

You could have used this for players who didn't make it to be included in the Champions lineup, so they would have earned their fair share of medals (getting troops from the main clan, jumping to the new clan just for their attacks), progress, possibly get promoted to Champion League as well, and everyone would have lived happily ever after.

PS: If they get demoted, you just make another clan the next month.
    Last edited by eitiel; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:20 PM.