Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan war solution

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Would it make you any happier if that th3 were steamrolled by a th4?
    Th3's will get steamrolled even by other th3s, so what's the big deal?

From having read the majority of this thread, it is very obvious that you want SC to change the entire way in which wars work just to suit you and you alone.
    You obviously don't care about the millions of other players that your idea would impact, so long as you get your way.

That is a very selfish attitude to have and shows a lack of understanding of how businesses work.

SC won't change or balance the game for just one person and one person alone. They have to think how a change will impact the entire player base from max 13 pros all the way down to the account created 0.00000000001 seconds ago and everywhere in between.

Even the smallest of changes can have a huge impact on the majority of the player base.

You presented your idea as it would pretty much benefit only you and you have ignored and keep ignoring those who have pointed out how your idea would kill wars and match-making in general.
    Now, take a good, long step backwards, take a few deep breaths, and really think through your idea from a logical point of view and think about the impact it would have on millions of players all over the world.

After that, if you honestly still think your idea is a good idea, then I got nothing else to say.
    that's one example. And my idea is not the best but it doesn't mean I just want to benefit myself. If I wanted to benefit myself I would've made an even worse suggestion. Want to hear it? I don't think you do. A lack of understanding about how businesses work? What has clan wars got to do with a business? It's just one topic that's gone from clan wars, to engineered bases, to rushing and all the way down to businesses. Where does that even come from? I feel like EVERYONE is against me for NO reason. Do you think I'm trolling the forums? Because I'm not suggesting a crappy idea for my own entertainment. I find it soul - draining to see people not get my ideas. It's just that people want different things to what I want. If I said th12 getting steamrolled by a th13 it's the same thing really but you'll care more about more than a th5 getting steamrolled by a th4. If a th3 gets attacked by another th3 and the base defends then it obviously impacts many people doesn't it in a good way because people not only participate in attack but defence too. Let's allow the town hall 13s to get 3 starred by th9s and then see what happens. See that never happens. Just like th13s never 3 star th3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    that's one example. And my idea is not the best but it doesn't mean I just want to benefit myself. If I wanted to benefit myself I would've made an even worse suggestion. Want to hear it? I don't think you do. A lack of understanding about how businesses work? What has clan wars got to do with a business? It's just one topic that's gone from clan wars, to engineered bases, to rushing and all the way down to businesses. Where does that even come from? I feel like EVERYONE is against me for NO reason. Do you think I'm trolling the forums? Because I'm not suggesting a crappy idea for my own entertainment. I find it soul - draining to see people not get my ideas. It's just that people want different things to what I want. If I said th12 getting steamrolled by a th13 it's the same thing really but you'll care more about more than a th5 getting steamrolled by a th4. If a th3 gets attacked by another th3 and the base defends then it obviously impacts many people doesn't it in a good way because people not only participate in attack but defence too. Let's allow the town hall 13s to get 3 starred by th9s and then see what happens. See that never happens. Just like th13s never 3 star th3s.
    I think joemann said that you have a lack of understanding of business, is because that many players don't want the change that you want, and COC, although how good your idea is, will listen to the majority of its players.
    Last edited by blazeaxel; March 3rd, 2021 at 10:59 AM.

Made by, Be a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cryo0320 View Post
    okay i give up , trying to argue with this guy has no benefits
    I don't think arguing with anyone has benefits. It just makes people angry and things go terribly wrong. How about we all stop arguing and close the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    I think joemann said that you have a lack of understanding of business, is because that many players don't want the change that you want, and COC, although how good your idea is, will listen to the majority of its players.
    Yes. If many people don't want the change that I want. I guess it just makes me evil then.

I'm just talking about 1 example but I want the lower town hall levels to have a chance to defend in war by being forced to be attacked by someone closest to their level that war.
    Defend what? You're describing this as though players take an active role in their defense. It doesn't matter whether they get to "see" a low hall fail to 3 star them before watching a higher hall 3 star them. They are 3 starred either way. As I said before, all of our lower halls understand war strategy, so we are very happy to see higher halls dip down and attack first. That means the enemy may have just wasted an attack.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Millennial Club
    Clearly you missed my point about the "lack of understanding how businesses work" as I provided info after that statement. The leaders of businesses have to make decisions that are best for the business that won't harm their profits but increase their revenue.

SC is a business so every change they make to the game is going to affect all the players.
    The smallest of changes can have a huge impact on players.

If SC makes a change to the game that is a poor one, they stand to lose vast amounts of revenue as people would quit playing their game.

If they make a change that is good, they stand to make more revenue as players will continue to play.

Your idea, if implemented, would cause a lot of players to quit playing the game, thus a loss of revenue to SC.

Is that cleaer now? Do you understand, in part, how busisesses work?

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Clearly you missed my point about the "lack of understanding how businesses work" as I provided info after that statement. The leaders of businesses have to make decisions that are best for the business that won't harm their profits but increase their revenue.

SC is a business so every change they make to the game is going to affect all the players.
    The smallest of changes can have a huge impact on players.

If SC makes a change to the game that is a poor one, they stand to lose vast amounts of revenue as people would quit playing their game.

If they make a change that is good, they stand to make more revenue as players will continue to play.

Your idea, if implemented, would cause a lot of players to quit playing the game, thus a loss of revenue to SC.

Is that cleaer now? Do you understand, in part, how busisesses work?
    Yes.
    As a consequence of all the disagreements.
    I have changed my post to an updated clan wars solution.
    Since people have said this doesn't work, I proposed a new idea.

A change that is only restrictive to how clans can strategize their war is 100% a "take-away" to the player base, and this idea only has downside. I know I'm late to the party here and the reasons are articulated over and over why it is bad, but man it is bad

I'm in a mixed TH clan, and usually our wars come down to who can get the most stars in the top 1-3 bases. Wasting high level base attacks on low ones only hurts the number of attacks we have on those top bases. But when you consider everyone has 2 attacks to use, the bottom half of the bases in the war are almost always 3 starred because they'll either be 3 star by someone else in that lower half, or someone will dip down to clean it up. I cant think ever of a time a war was decided by a star or two because someone didn't get the 3 stars on base 28 of 30. If it happens, its likely because life got in the way and someone just missed an attack, not because of some strategic or restrictive thing.

Do I love seeing my base with only 1 or 2 star on it? Heck yeah! But I also don't cry pity when someone dipped down to get all 3 stars. I actually chuckle at that too and think man you really had to bring some strength to get me.

There is no problem to solve here. There is no improvement to the game with this. This is change for the sake of change

Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    A change that is only restrictive to how clans can strategize their war is 100% a "take-away" to the player base, and this idea only has downside. I know I'm late to the party here and the reasons are articulated over and over why it is bad, but man it is bad

I'm in a mixed TH clan, and usually our wars come down to who can get the most stars in the top 1-3 bases. Wasting high level base attacks on low ones only hurts the number of attacks we have on those top bases. But when you consider everyone has 2 attacks to use, the bottom half of the bases in the war are almost always 3 starred because they'll either be 3 star by someone else in that lower half, or someone will dip down to clean it up. I cant think ever of a time a war was decided by a star or two because someone didn't get the 3 stars on base 28 of 30. If it happens, its likely because life got in the way and someone just missed an attack, not because of some strategic or restrictive thing.

Do I love seeing my base with only 1 or 2 star on it? Heck yeah! But I also don't cry pity when someone dipped down to get all 3 stars. I actually chuckle at that too and think man you really had to bring some strength to get me.

There is no problem to solve here. There is no improvement to the game with this. This is change for the sake of change
    Yep that's why I posted an updated forum on this today.