Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan war solution

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    because rushing is not the way the game is meant to be played and supercell advised against it multiple times.
    Where does SC state how they game is meant to be played?

If they didn't want it done then they wouldn't allow it.

I say that you are forced to attack someone your town hall level or a mirror as your first attack. But I also mean to say that you can attack whoever so long as the guy is not below your town hall level. So your first attack should be the same town hall level, a guy who is above your town hall level, or if all the bases your town hall level and above have been 3 starred, the strongest base that has yet to be 3 starred. But if that base that hasn't been 3 starred hasn't been attacked, someone of his town hall level or the lower town hall levels available should fail on that base and THEN the high level town halls can go and clear it.
    Huh? Your forcing mirror attacks but next sentence is a contradiction. How does a clan with a th11 at the bottom attack if opponents have a th6?

This "idea" isn't at all new there have been many like it years ago when engineers were running wild. Wars are much much better at matching now than they were years ago. Someone who points out 2016 a lot should remember that also.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; March 2nd, 2021 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JIN2020 View Post
    But this is a clan's strategy. When higher THs is allowed to hit lower TH bases. Heck a th 13 sometimes hit a th 4 w/ full army with no reason. The good thing is, they used their attack on a lower TH rather than in same TH with same base strength so you can or might be assured that their lower TH members will now only face the higher TH in your clan.

To counter this your clan just have to hit mirror first, or same strength first, make sure to 3 star, and then the 2nd attack is suggested to be for cleanup.

And are you also aware that CW sometimes match your clan mates with above th opponents? Lets say a TH 9 at #15 gets matched up with a Th 10 at #15 in the opponent side? So does your first attack-should-be-mirror-first still help?

If that is a 5 v 5. The only thing that will always set the bar to win is the number 1 on each clan so better to put the best performance there.
    What if that th13 is in a 5v5 and they just attack the th4 out of toxicity? The town hall 4 on the clan who is not attacked didn't get a chance to 3 star that th4. Now the th13 has one extra attack left. So either way the other clan is at a loss. If the th13 3 stars the other th13 the other clan is screwed. There is nothing to be assured about. So with attacking your mirror. Scrap that bit. The guy should just attack someone of the same town hall level. If there is no one of the same town hall level, their first attack should be forced to attacking someone higher town hall level than them. If there is a lower town hall level above the higher town hall level then they are allowed to attack the lower town hall level as an exception attack.

because rushing is not the way the game is meant to be played and supercell advised against it multiple times.
    You could actually say they have encouraged it by the design of cwl. Rushing is a legitimate way to play. They discouraged a specific type of rushing which was either not dropping any defenses or not dropping heavy defenses while upgrading town halls. So either a defenseless 11 (1 cannon wonder) or a 9.11 (th11 maxed but missing defenses like eagle, inferno, etc. These distorted war matchmaking too much. Rushing, strategic or otherwise, is not discouraged. It is actually the fastest way to max and they have been encouraging people to get to high level. A rushed th13 is much better in cwl than a maxed 11 for example. Used well, it can even be useful in regular spins.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post

Huh? Your forcing mirror attacks but next sentence is a contradiction. How does a clan with a th11 at the bottom attack if opponents have a th6?

This "idea" isn't at all new there have been many like it years ago when engineers were running wild. Wars are much much better at matching now than they were years ago.
    Well they didn't want people to stay stagnant at the same town hall level. However people still do so in that regard they failed but they still allow it. So if supercell allows it, people will do it.

This "idea" isn't at all new there have been many like it years ago when engineers were running wild. Wars are much much better at matching now than they were years ago. Someone who points out 2016 a lot should remember that also.
    Yes I know engineered bases and I wasn't against them. However I'm not talking about the war matchmaking. I'm talking about the war system. The system should be that your first attack should be someone of you town hall level or higher. Or in exception cases if a higher town hall is below a lower town hall in the ranking system then you are allowed to attack the lower town hall. The second attack can be anyone you want so long as the lower town hall base has had an attack fail on it THEN they are allowed to go and clear it. This is just to make it more clear. If a town hall 11 is at the bottom, it should attack the strongest base available as the first attack. However it can only perform it's second attack once the other clan mates have failed on a clan base but for the "fail" to count, they have to have deployed all of their troops and spells. (not including CC)

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    You could actually say they have encouraged it by the design of cwl. Rushing is a legitimate way to play. They discouraged a specific type of rushing which was either not dropping any defenses or not dropping heavy defenses while upgrading town halls. So either a defenseless 11 (1 cannon wonder) or a 9.11 (th11 maxed but missing defenses like eagle, inferno, etc. These distorted war matchmaking too much. Rushing, strategic or otherwise, is not discouraged. It is actually the fastest way to max and they have been encouraging people to get to high level. A rushed th13 is much better in cwl than a maxed 11 for example. Used well, it can even be useful in regular spins.
    Yes well I do have rushed th7s but with maxed dragons which is very effective in clan wars.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; March 2nd, 2021 at 06:42 PM.

Forum All-Star
    Well they didn't want people to stay stagnant at the same town hall level. However people still do so in that regard they failed but they still allow it. So if supercell allows it, people will do it.
    Rushing and perm maxing are the complete opposite. My response to you was about rushing and how you said SC doesn't want the game played that way.

Rushing and perm maxing are the complete opposite. My response to you was about rushing and how you said SC doesn't want the game played that way.
    They always encouraged for the newbies to max out the base before going to the next one so rushing is not prefered by the clash team.

Forum All-Star
    They always encouraged for the newbies to max out the base before going to the next one so rushing is not prefered by the clash team.
    Where did they say that? If you could provide a link it would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; March 2nd, 2021 at 03:20 PM.

Forum Superstar
    OP, your suggestion kills wars and will turn most clans who remain active into roster engineers. It takes away any sort of target selection strategy and creates far more problems than you think.

As an example, we have many max 13s in our clan and yet we run wars that include 12s and sometimes 11s. If your suggestion was implemented, we would immediately exclude any 12s or lower from war. Why would we want to have to deal with restraints on who can attack who when we could avoid it by limiting our roster? I have a strong feeling that many clans would follow suit and matchmaking would take even longer. By the way, mirror matching is probably the most ineffective attacking strategy out there.

Not a good idea I am afraid.
    Last edited by Tosti111; March 2nd, 2021 at 03:33 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

It is very useful. I am rushing on my mini(at least trying to) and it helps in donations to other clanmates and makes your offence very good. Also, i think the clash team has made the builder base so that the rushers have an advantage(according to me).

Made by, Be a Legend

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    I must have missed that (multiple times).

Where do you get it from?

And that still wouldn't make this a viable idea, never mind a good one.