Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan war solution

Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    The fact that in a 5v5 war the number 3 player destroys number 4&5, the number 2 player destroys number 3, and the number 1 player destroys number 1&2 so there is some sort of an imbalance in fairness since the number 5 never got a chance to defend their number 5.
    So basically, just like your thread on th8, you are looking at an edge case. From what was said when cwl was released, 15v15 is the most common war size. It is well known in the war sub forum that 5v5 matching is wonky. Primarily because of odd lineups like you describe with a 13 top and very low bottom. The smallest we ever run is 10v10, usually 15 or 20 for regular spins. I see no reason to limit clans running regular lineups to be limited so your th4 gets hit by another 4.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    If you had suggested a war type, where everyone gets 1 attack only, it would have been better (just like we have in cwl and in friendly wars). It will depend on the clan, what format they want.
    Yes actually this is an idea but I thought if I mentioned it people would complain because it would be almost impossible to get perfect wars especially if there is a mismatch. What if the weakest available player in one clan is a th4 while the weakest one in another clan is a th4. This would make it impossible to get the perfect war. However forcing people to attack their own level or above makes people play more strategically.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    So basically, just like your thread on th8, you are looking at an edge case. From what was said when cwl was released, 15v15 is the most common war size. It is well known in the war sub forum that 5v5 matching is wonky. Primarily because of odd lineups like you describe with a 13 top and very low bottom. The smallest we ever run is 10v10, usually 15 or 20 for regular spins. I see no reason to limit clans running regular lineups to be limited so your th4 gets hit by another 4.
    My clan is dead so the best I can do is run a 5v5. So my argument works in my case.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Yes actually this is an idea but I thought if I mentioned it people would complain because it would be almost impossible to get perfect wars especially if there is a mismatch. What if the weakest available player in one clan is a th4 while the weakest one in another clan is a th4. This would make it impossible to get the perfect war. However forcing people to attack their own level or above makes people play more strategically.
    That is in your hands, if you want a 1 attack war or a 2 attack war. What I suggested that instead of limiting where a player can attack or where not in his first attempt, what about 1 attack wars although I know about its consequences but discussing it wasn't bad imo. Your idea seems killing clans that make strategies about where one should attack and where not. Why don't you encourage your clan to do this first. If everyone in your clan follows this for say 10 wars, you can come and tell about your experiences.

My clan is dead so the best I can do is run a 5v5. So my argument works in my case.
    The solution there is to find a good clan. There are many looking for players.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

That is in your hands, if you want a 1 attack war or a 2 attack war. What I suggested that instead of limiting where a player can attack or where not in his first attempt, what about 1 attack wars although I know about its consequences but discussing it wasn't bad imo. Your idea seems killing clans that make strategies about where one should attack and where not. Why don't you encourage your clan to do this first. If everyone in your clan follows this for say 10 wars, you can come and tell about your experiences.
    I can't because I'm in a dead clan and I do solo wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    The solution there is to find a good clan. There are many looking for players.
    I can only war on weekends so I'm fine with my dead clan

I'm not killing clan strategies because the second attack they can strategize whilst the first attack they have to attack someone of their town hall level or above which makes the game MUCH more fun and fair.

You didn't quote anything on your first post of this thread. Look again.
    What?? I never said I quoted anything in my first post of the thread. Go back and read what I wrote and you should clearly see that I quoted your posts in the post you responded to. SMH

Beyond that you still haven't responded to anything else I said.

As I'm reading your further responses in this thread, it's becoming quite clear your stubborn position that you refuse to play the game the way SC actually encourages. (ie. with other people in a clan) Many people have offered solutions to your non-problem, but everything comes back to if you are choosing to play the game outside the intended way that SC has set up for people, then there is no reason anyone should take your suggestions seriously. So with that, I'm going to stop wasting my time responding to someone who is being unreasonable about the way they are playing the game.

To be clear if you want to play the game by yourself, that's your choice, but don't expect others to buy into ideas that hurt everyone else who plays the game while only benefitting you as an individual, bent on playing outside the experience of the average player.
    Last edited by SumoSloth; March 2nd, 2021 at 09:08 PM.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #70
    why would you put an inactive th9 in war. Invite a real th9, get him to fail on the other th9, then the higher town hall levels can clear that base with this new system.
    Perhaps you missed the "because you had to" part?

We regularly used to put in an inactive low level player just to get the numbers to a multiple of 5, and I think many clans do so.