Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan war solution

(old) Clan war solution

The problem about clan wars is when a higher town hall level dips the lower town hall level before it has a chance to defend. Let's look at an example. A clan war 5v5. one th13-th9 on each team. Let's say war just started. The th13 attacks the th12 first which isn't fair since it doesn't have a chance to defend against the strong offence that the th13 genius has in place. Then the th12 on that team attacks the th11 and th10 and gets the simple 3 star. Then the th11 attacks the th9 which is completely out of line. You see? This happens a lot of the time but on a smaller scale where the higher town hall level attacks the lower town hall level first not giving the chance for them to defend. Here is my solution to address this issue. The first attack HAS to be someone against your town hall level or your mirror. Let's say however there is a th9 on one team and none on the other team, the th9s first attack HAS to be the strongest base there is available. So if there a th10, it has to attack that th10. However, if th8 is the highest, it is allowed to attack any th8s it wants to. Only when the attacker fails THEN they should be allowed to clear the failed base not when nothing has happened to it but the fail HAS to come from someone of the same town hall level or the second person available in the war who is near in strength to the top player. If there is an engineered th9, the th9 should not be forced to attack that base if there is a lower town hall level above it in the ranking system for war. This is very confusing but it will benefit the players who are not the top since the top town hall respective levels in each war are most at risk since one town hall higher means the offence will completely overpower their base even if it is very well developed and a good one. I think this request may need a bit of tweaking since I feel that there are flaws which I can't see but I think this can benefit the game.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; March 3rd, 2021 at 07:24 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    I think the existing system where players can actually strategize and attack where they think it'll be most effective is fine.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 22 - 777 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Groupme - + - Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Cryo0320 View Post
    Too much pressure in this way , what about casual clans ? also if a Th 13 and a Th 12 get matched usually the Th 13 is rushed and the TH 12 is maxed
    the th12 can attack above the th13 will be in a lower rank than the th12 in the clan war so it will attack th12s. It's better that the 12 doesn't just go clearing th11s.

But this is a clan's strategy. When higher THs is allowed to hit lower TH bases. Heck a th 13 sometimes hit a th 4 w/ full army with no reason. The good thing is, they used their attack on a lower TH rather than in same TH with same base strength so you can or might be assured that their lower TH members will now only face the higher TH in your clan.

To counter this your clan just have to hit mirror first, or same strength first, make sure to 3 star, and then the 2nd attack is suggested to be for cleanup.

And are you also aware that CW sometimes match your clan mates with above th opponents? Lets say a TH 9 at #15 gets matched up with a Th 10 at #15 in the opponent side? So does your first attack-should-be-mirror-first still help?

If that is a 5 v 5. The only thing that will always set the bar to win is the number 1 on each clan so better to put the best performance there.
    Last edited by JIN2020; March 2nd, 2021 at 02:47 PM.

Your idea takes away strategic options for no good reason. For example, in several of our recent wars, our 11 at the bottom faced a 12. The 11 scout two 13s for us. Much more useful than a 12 that is going to be hit by 12s then 13s if needed.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Cryo0320 View Post
    You are basically killing rushers ( rushers , not engineers ) , example -rushed TH 12 takes part in a war and gets matched against a clan with maxed TH 12 and below maxed TH 11s , of course the rusher would attack the 11s , not the 12 , why are you adding this feature which would "help"? it won't , even i won't be happy with it
    because rushing is not the way the game is meant to be played and supercell advised against it multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by JIN2020 View Post
    But this is a clan's strategy. When higher THs is allowed to hit lower TH bases. Heck a th 13 sometimes hit a th 4 w/ full army with no reason. The good thing is, they used their attack on a lower TH rather than in same TH with same base strength so you can or might be assured that their lower TH members will now only face the higher TH in your clan.

To counter this your clan just have to hit mirror first, or same strength first, make sure to 3 star, and then the 2nd attack is suggested to be for cleanup.

And are you also aware that CW sometimes match your clan mates with above th opponents? Lets say a TH 9 at #15 gets matched up with a Th 10 at #15 in the opponent side? So does your first attack-should-be-mirror-first still help?

If that is a 5 v 5. The only thing that will always set the bar to win is the number 1 on each clan so better to put the best performance there.
    My idea is not addressing clan war leagues whatsoever. This is clan wars I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    My idea is not addressing clan war leagues whatsoever. This is clan wars I'm talking about.
    Did i mentioned CWL?

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Your idea takes away strategic options for no good reason. For example, in several of our recent wars, our 11 at the bottom faced a 12. The 11 scout two 13s for us. Much more useful than a 12 that is going to be hit by 12s then 13s if needed.
    I say that you are forced to attack someone your town hall level or a mirror as your first attack. But I also mean to say that you can attack whoever so long as the guy is not below your town hall level. So your first attack should be the same town hall level, a guy who is above your town hall level, or if all the bases your town hall level and above have been 3 starred, the strongest base that has yet to be 3 starred. But if that base that hasn't been 3 starred hasn't been attacked, someone of his town hall level or the lower town hall levels available should fail on that base and THEN the high level town halls can go and clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by JIN2020 View Post
    Did i mentioned CWL?
    oops. No. I misread that one.