Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Ernest vs Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    I just don't understand why Rose leaves some animals unfed after collecting even though she has the feed available?? I usually end up feeding most of the animals myself with her feed stores.
    This is what I didn't like. Until I noticed how to adjust her. There's a settings button in the left corner when you have her menu up. Click on it, and select the keep all animals fed option.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelashes View Post
    This is what I didn't like. Until I noticed how to adjust her. There's a settings button in the left corner when you have her menu up. Click on it, and select the keep all animals fed option.
    Thanks Eyelashes. I’ll look for it next time I use their services.

Good question, JLSuperfly.

I haven’t really learned how to use them effectively, for my style of play. My barn is always bursting, and I have really disliked as soon as I have a space, it gets automatically filled by something from the Rose/Earnest barn.

I have kept my barn packed as a habit from doing the boat tasks in the derby for our NH. I burned out, and am taking a break from boats and the derby, but my barn is still packed. I use my extras to help my NH, friends and farms in need of help in the Daily Dirt.

I’ll rethink R/E, as I would really like their help with *eggs!*, dairy and sugar. Right now, I’m just swapping them for boosters I like.
    "As you wish."
    As You Wish: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UquVCYL4C0Q
    I love this game, and the people who create and play it.
    For the dis-gruntled: Nick Vujicic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc
    Happy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

I have a decent size barn and Ernest has also pretty good capacity (180). In addition, I always have some 50+ of each dairy product in stock.

So I don't need Ernest for any urgent issue but I rather use him to fill my stock with most demanding products. I think butter is the hardest one, being fast to produce and requiring most milk per time unit. So I get most out of Rose too.

Also, I order only 1 or 2 different dairy product from Ernest so that I can fill the pipeline for example with cream without Ernest disturbing it or consuming his capacity.

And one more trick: when I get free Ernest and Rose, I first take only other one and spend booster for the other. And then doing it vice versa later. Saving 2 diamonds for not needing to activate 2 boosters on the same time

Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    I have a decent size barn and Ernest has also pretty good capacity (180). In addition, I always have some 50+ of each dairy product in stock.

And one more trick: when I get free Ernest and Rose, I first take only other one and spend booster for the other. And then doing it vice versa later. Saving 2 diamonds for not needing to activate 2 boosters on the same time
    I like this trick, will keep that in mind. Thanks.

Question: How do you keep up 50 each of dairy items? Do I need to take a month off of making products to do this?

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWish View Post
    ...My barn is always bursting, and I have really disliked as soon as I have a space, it gets automatically filled by something from the Rose/Earnest barn...
    AsYouWish, Rose and Ernest's storage is totally separate from yours, so using them has no impact on your barn space. In fact, it can be helpful to have all those additional dairy items, sugar, etc, stored in a different place.

On my main farm Rose and Ernest are on permanent hire, and I just leave them to get on with their work, unless I have a reason to change settings (in a Mystery Derby, for example).

Hay Day level 201 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelashes View Post
    I like this trick, will keep that in mind. Thanks.

Question: How do you keep up 50 each of dairy items? Do I need to take a month off of making products to do this?
    I have a mini to produce goat cheese. And when I'm "not playing", I still try feed my pets and fill dairy with cheeses in my main farm few times per day.

Sure it helps to have barn of size around 8000. You can run your farm and fill your pipelines efficiently without worrying next boat or town orders.
    Last edited by zetis; March 4th, 2021 at 01:38 PM.

I'm glad some of you enjoy using the helpers but I'm still struggle with them, especially Rose, a lot.

Upon reading this thread, I activated both of them, their free 3 days offers have been waiting for a few months already. FYI, when the offer comes, simply closing the layout to move them out of sight. You can then visit and activate these offers later when taping on them sitting in front of their house. Same when you need to adjust their settings, just tap on their bench in front of their house to open the Farm Helper UI.

Ernest is fine, I appreciate his extra 140 storage for sugar. I barely use him on dairy if not for very small amount (~5 max). I need milk for other use so cannot set him on dairy and constantly change his settings.

Rose is another story. Oh my I can't stand her at all. It's true she's great at taking care of the animals but only while I am not playing. With 4h to 8h between collect on pig/sheep/goat, she really doesn't make much difference. Well you would think I would use her on eggs (which I did) and milk (less than egg) but then she keeps interfering with my farming. While I want her to keep extra feed in preparation of next batch of chicken or cow (rather than only start making them when she needs to), Rose would also make extra feed for goat/ sheep/ pig as well. This is where the irritation kicks in:
    - next batch of chicken in 20 minutes,
    - next batch of Pig/ sheep/ goat in 4 hours or more
    --> Rose would shamelessly throw in a bag of goat sheep, blocking the feed mill for 34 minutes. At the very least, my chicken won't be fed as soon as the eggs are collected. How could she fail so hard to make decision of what to make first ??? Really, she needs reminding of time management. If I was playing, chances are that I'll be using egg/milk regualrly to queue more product, I coulnd't care about having goat feed ready 7h before the goat are indeed ready for collect.

I happen to have 2 feed tasks back to back this mystery derby, which reminds me again how frustrating it is to have Rose activated. Of couse I went to pause her by asking 0 of each product. Her storage is 140, imagine how many times I need to tap (or tap and hold) the button to change everything to 0, then later, back again. During this time, some damage could have already been done with her feeding some animals. Her User Interface irritates me a lot, to the point that I feel unnecessary stress while using her. Wish we could just pause her (she stops what ever she's doing) just by one click.

In short, besides the extra storage, I don't find the Helper making my farming life any easier/ more comfortable while I am playing. In fact, interacting with them is a pain with so many taps at one time. Not much value added for a game about time and ressource management with their current design.

Anyone else having this kind of issue? How do you cope with it?
    Welcome to Community Forum - Report abuse/spam - World Time Buddy - Lake Timer

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 153♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

Meonhoc, have you tried Rose's 3 different settings? I'm not sure exactly how each one works. The first option is what works for me. Maybe one of the other settings would work for you? I don't have her collect wool or goat's milk. Like you said, I'd rather not have her making their feed.

Meo, I donít have any issue with Rose because when she is hired, I turn it all over to her. I donít work with her. I let her do her thing and I do other stuff.

I just keep her with veggies for feed and I sell excess stuff, including feed so that I maximise the drops.

itís like a holiday for me. When they are done, I go back to farming my usual way
    Last edited by WussyPuss; March 5th, 2021 at 02:25 AM.
    Farm 144
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 60 GW 40
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...