Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Ernest vs Rose

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    I kind of do what WP does, but I have to work hard to leave them alone.

I do put things on machines when I want more of something in my own stock, so I get in their way and it takes them a few days to stock their own supply, lol.

I think I need to talk to Rose, though. One set of animal feed plus “one” more is not enough. I like to have two full sets of feed.

Yes, I *do need a bigger barn.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

I finally used my free offer for Rose a month ago. It took me a couple of days to get her settings tweaked so that she gets the job done the way I want. Since then I've completely left her alone. Rose is a real treasure.

So 2 weeks ago I activated my Ernest free trial. OMG, he's a nightmare! No amount of tweaking his settings has worked. I'm always out of everything. I thought maybe a couple of days for him to adjust might help. So I sucked it up and spent real money to keep him another week. And for 2 days I only grew and sold crops. And I only produced the few items that didn't use anything he was responsible for. I made sure he had plenty of everything he needed to get his job done. It's been 12 day's and he hasn't built up full stock even one time. I'm only level 48 so he only have 40 slots for his storage. He hasn't even come close to producing and storing 40 items. I have plenty of slots open on the machines he uses and they are mastered so things take less time. He makes one thing at a time and all the other slots are empty.

Today I just started loading the machines for him. At least he will pick it up when it's done. He spends 95% of his time shuffling around sideways carrying a bucket and staring at me. I can't wait for his time to be up so he goes away.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by cody30103 View Post
    I finally used my free offer for Rose a month ago. It took me a couple of days to get her settings tweaked so that she gets the job done the way I want. Since then I've completely left her alone. Rose is a real treasure.

So 2 weeks ago I activated my Ernest free trial. OMG, he's a nightmare! No amount of tweaking his settings has worked. I'm always out of everything. I thought maybe a couple of days for him to adjust might help. So I sucked it up and spent real money to keep him another week. And for 2 days I only grew and sold crops. And I only produced the few items that didn't use anything he was responsible for. I made sure he had plenty of everything he needed to get his job done. It's been 12 day's and he hasn't built up full stock even one time. I'm only level 48 so he only have 40 slots for his storage. He hasn't even come close to producing and storing 40 items. I have plenty of slots open on the machines he uses and they are mastered so things take less time. He makes one thing at a time and all the other slots are empty.

Today I just started loading the machines for him. At least he will pick it up when it's done. He spends 95% of his time shuffling around sideways carrying a bucket and staring at me. I can't wait for his time to be up so he goes away.
    Rose and Ernest always make only one thing at a time, so additional machine slots don't have any impact on that. If you load slots Ernest will load one more behind your items, and will be twiddling his thumbs until that item is made.

I find the helpers less useful on my smaller farms, but use them occasionally when I have boosters, as that temporarily increases the stock of dairy and sugar that I hold. On my main farm they each have storage for 200 items, so that is game-changing.
    Last edited by Cowslips; March 6th, 2021 at 07:48 AM.

Hay Day level 204 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Thanks for your replies. The 3 days free are now over, I now have control of my feed mill back. They can be back in a month.

Unfortunately, none of Rose settings really works for me to make her a good helper. Like Snooks, I prefer 1,5-2x set of feed for animals. I don't like it when she cannot anticipate which feed should be prioritized and I have no way to tell her. Adjusting amount has a boring UI, taking too much time. Wish I could just pause her or restore previous amount/ preset amount in just a few taps.

One way I could find to make some benefit out of Rose is to set her mostly on eggs for the drop. But I'm afraid this one is like "gaming the system" (at least in my eyes, not saying it's good or bad) rather than having a good helper. Not really why she was introduced in the first place.

As for Ernest, if I set 50 brown sugar, 10 white sugar and 5 syrop, then he won't start making white sugar nor syrup before brown sugars stock is up to 50. Haizzzz, always need to go after the sugar mill to queue a smarter order of products.
    Welcome to Community Forum - Report abuse/spam - World Time Buddy - Lake Timer

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 154♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::