Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CoC takes up a lot of memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That is surprising. Clash is definitely a high usage app.

I wouldn't say my phone get hot but it is certainly very warm. And if I don't plug it in, it will go from 100% to less than 15% in about 3 hours of play. And so does my tablet.
    As for reports i have seen clash has high battery drain on ios devices with 120hz activated. Once they turned it off clash doesnt drain battery that much.

I wouldn't say my phone get hot but it is certainly very warm. And if I don't plug it in, it will go from 100% to less than 15% in about 3 hours of play. And so does my tablet.
    That's true it does drain battery fast. As is with most online games. Clash takes about 2 gigs on my phone and the screen gets warm. I can't tell if the base is warm because of my case.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by ziya645 View Post
    That's true it does drain battery fast. As is with most online games. Clash takes about 2 gigs on my phone and the screen gets warm. I can't tell if the base is warm because of my case.
    On which % is your display brightness?

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Half the brightness on ios.

Quote Originally Posted by ziya645 View Post
    Half the brightness on ios.
    I have brightness at 25-30% and clash use 9-10% in 1hour non stop gaming.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    As for reports i have seen clash has high battery drain on ios devices with 120hz activated. Once they turned it off clash doesnt drain battery that much.
    I have never used an apple device, and wouldn't dream of turning on a pointless 120Hz display if my device had it.

Those exist purely for bragging rights. The human eye/brain is not capable of distinguishing that level of movement.

I have found that every device I have used, clash is one of the biggest users of power of the apps I have used.

I can go out for a 2 hour bike ride with wahoo on my phone using GPS to display speed and map, and bluetooth to connect to and display values from heart rate and cadence monitors, and will still have 65% battery left. I did exactly that on Saturday. If I play Clash constantly for 2 hours without plugging in to a charger, it will be below 50%.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    I do like to keep it nice an bright, true. But that is the case for all apps - except when I'm riding the bike after dark, when I'll drop it down to a level it doesn't interfere with my night vision.

It doesn't actually tell me the percentage, but looking at the slider bar, it is about 75%

I have never used an apple device, and wouldn't dream of turning on a pointless 120Hz display if my device had it.

Those exist purely for bragging rights. The human eye/brain is not capable of distinguishing that level of movement.

I have found that every device I have used, clash is one of the biggest users of power of the apps I have used.

I can go out for a 2 hour bike ride with wahoo on my phone using GPS to display speed and map, and bluetooth to connect to and display values from heart rate and cadence monitors, and will still have 65% battery left. I did exactly that on Saturday. If I play Clash constantly for 2 hours without plugging in to a charger, it will be below 50%.
    120hz matters when your playing a first person shooter game like COD, but clash, I could bare 20fps.

Centennial Club
    3-4h on any device is about par for course (I probably get 5-6h on some of my tablets). The issue with CoC is the regular pings back to home to carry state and other updates. Most mobile devices will move the 4G or Wifi to low power within a second or two of no activity. Continuous activity, e.g. every few seconds is like stop/start/accelerating a car, rather than a smooth constant velocity.

So, yes any device will get hot.