Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Gold pass - Golden player username

Gold pass - Golden player username

On Clash Royale we can have the username in golden color if we have the royal pass. It would be nice to have the same on Clash Of Clans to stand out from other players. All the more reason to buy it.

Not Quite Legendary Phoenix1027's Avatar
    As long as I have the ability to turn the feature off then I'm okay with it. I don't want everyone knowing I spend money on the game, so I should have a reasonable expectation of privacy by being able to turn the golden name off even if I buy the pass.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    The original answer was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Just like a player's spending habits with regards to how many Gems or offers they've purchased, whether someone upgrades to the Gold Pass or not is only the business of the person buying it. There are no visual indicators to any other player whether or not they purchased it. There is no need for any other visual notification, apart from the hero skin.
    And the most recent official answer is quoted here: July 2019 AMA

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell]
    q: Will we have miscellaneous perks like in Clash Royale e.g Gold Name in chat for Season Pass?
    a: When we released the Season Challenges, we wanted to let players keep a low profile as to whether or not they upgraded to the Gold Pass, given how some of the community can antagonize players who spend money in the game. We didn't want to paint a giant target on them. However, given that if they have a Hero Skin unlocked, that's a pretty good indicator that someone did upgrade to the Gold Pass. I don't know of any special flair or features we plan on adding to Gold Pass members, but it's something certainly we could look at.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 22 - 777 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Groupme - + - Discord

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    I’m with Phoenix on this one. I have no desire to “show off” that I have it.

There’s often an unwritten expectation that comes with it: “Well, you have the pass and one-gem donations so you can fill all the war castles and requests instantly now”. (Even though I’m trying to save gems and want clanmates to donate to each other as well.)

I can come into the chat and see a line of four requests unfilled because no one wants to take the time to custom-train troops they aren’t using, to donate. “Someone with a gold pass will be here soon enough.” Bleh.

Half the time I fill the first one waiting and leave the others sit, lol. But then *I need troops and it looks like *I haven’t donated when requesting, so I usually end up filling them all. It’s a hassle. And that’s *without a shiny gold name.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    As long as I have the ability to turn the feature off then I'm okay with it. I don't want everyone knowing I spend money on the game, so I should have a reasonable expectation of privacy by being able to turn the golden name off even if I buy the pass.
    OK, but on Clash Royal there are no such problems. You don't have to hide anything, take your purchases too

Quote Originally Posted by misterATOMIC View Post
    OK, but on Clash Royal there are no such problems. You don't have to hide anything, take your purchases too
    Ok, but this isn't Clash Royale

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    The original answer was:

And the most recent official answer is quoted here: July 2019 AMA
    In this case activate an option so that the people who bought this pass can choose, I do not see why on Clash Royale nobody complains but on Clash Of Clans yes. This should either be imposed or with an option in “Change my nickname” > Golden color ✅.

Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Ok, but this isn't Clash Royale
    This is Supercell and same world.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    ... the most recent official answer is quoted here: July 2019 AMA
    The most recent answer can actually be found here from an interview with judosloth last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e79m...ature=youtu.be. Skip to 55:57. It’s still no.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by misterATOMIC View Post
    This is Supercell and same world.
    And that’s also where the comparison stops as each game team works completely independent of each other and are solely responsible for the game and it’s content and game decisions.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG