Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Rogue King?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    I know people worked on it, but man this has to be bar none the WORST looking skin in the game.
    Personally, I think the skeleton king skin, bar none, is the worst looking one in the game, but that is just my personal taste.

Perception is in the eye of the beholder: you have yours, I have mine, and others have theirs.
    Last edited by joemann8478; March 1st, 2021 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Personally, I think the skeleton king skin, bar none, is the worst looking one in the game, but that is just my personal taste.

Perception is in the eye of the beholder: you have yours, I have mine, and others have theirs.
    Aside from the pumpkin look, rogue isn't bad. My least favorites are the party skins. They will stay in the closet.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Aside from the pumpkin look, rogue isn't bad. My least favorites are the party skins. They will stay in the closet.
    Imo,primal set was the worst. Current one is still better except that small crown.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    This might get me banned but it's worth a try I believe.

No hard feelings Darian.
    After I'm done laughing...

AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    I think the skin is a throwback to the Rascal Boy from Clash Royale. Doesn't make me any more fond of it, however. I would be embarassed to have this skin equipped.
    This skin is much more inline with Royale's aesthetic with the Rascals, given their rogue-like demeanor. We understand that not every skin will be to everyone's liking and you're free to express your opinion about it as long as the comments remain within the forum's rules. It's completely ok with not liking it, just like you're free to express if you do like it. We're not offended if you aren't a fan. Though what does upset us is when people make comments like "the artist should be fired for this." Those kinds of comments will not be tolerated. There's a difference between expressing an opinion and being downright obnoxious.

This series of skins is meant to be more cartoon-y and comedic in their style. Not all the skins will be epically badass like the Winter Queen skin. Some are meant to be more whimsical and fun, and not to be taken seriously, like the Jolly King and Party Warden. We allow the artists to essentially to have free reign over what skins they design. If we wanted the skins to solely be a means of only earning money, then yes, you'd probably see a deluge of overly epic skins. But that's not how Clash of Clans works nor is it how the team is motivated. We simply like fun things, and we enjoy bringing a bit of whimsy to Clash.

You've got bowlers with blue skin and big noses, flying Golems with tiny wings way too small to provide enough lift and yet they fly. You've got Barbarians with a helmet moustache...is it even hair? Wizards with afros that magically disappear beneath his hood. And yet it's surprising when the skins aren't always the Warrior Queen style of epicness? The fun behind the Rogue series, the Primal series, and the Clash Constructs is simply for us to laugh at ourselves and not take things so seriously all the time.
    AKA Tank Puppy

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This skin is much more inline with Royale's aesthetic with the Rascals, given their rogue-like demeanor. We understand that not every skin will be to everyone's liking and you're free to express your opinion about it as long as the comments remain within the forum's rules. It's completely ok with not liking it, just like you're free to express if you do like it. We're not offended if you aren't a fan. Though what does upset us is when people make comments like "the artist should be fired for this." Those kinds of comments will not be tolerated. There's a difference between expressing an opinion and being downright obnoxious.

This series of skins is meant to be more cartoon-y and comedic in their style. Not all the skins will be epically badass like the Winter Queen skin. Some are meant to be more whimsical and fun, and not to be taken seriously, like the Jolly King and Party Warden. We allow the artists to essentially to have free reign over what skins they design. If we wanted the skins to solely be a means of only earning money, then yes, you'd probably see a deluge of overly epic skins. But that's not how Clash of Clans works nor is it how the team is motivated. We simply like fun things, and we enjoy bringing a bit of whimsy to Clash.

You've got bowlers with blue skin and big noses, flying Golems with tiny wings way too small to provide enough lift and yet they fly. You've got Barbarians with a helmet moustache...is it even hair? Wizards with afros that magically disappear beneath his hood. And yet it's surprising when the skins aren't always the Warrior Queen style of epicness? The fun behind the Rogue series, the Primal series, and the Clash Constructs is simply for us to laugh at ourselves and not take things so seriously all the time.
    Just a thought. Maybe a short what inspired this set when the first is announced in game would be interesting. For example, understanding the clashy constructs were based on clockwork toys might help those too young to remember such. Or even a video from the designer about the creative process. I know that is not a light lift but I would find it interesting.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Just a thought. Maybe a short what inspired this set when the first is announced in game would be interesting. For example, understanding the clashy constructs were based on clockwork toys might help those too young to remember such. Or even a video from the designer about the creative process. I know that is not a light lift but I would find it interesting.
    I would love to do a community video to go into what inspired the various sets, but getting devs to appear on camera is like extracting teeth. Most game devs are incredibly camera shy and reclusive. Add to that the Finnish cultural tendency to avoid the spotlight, I would have to drag him onscreen kicking and screaming. My co-host, Eino, is definitely an exception to that.
    AKA Tank Puppy

I would love to do a community video to go into what inspired the various sets, but getting devs to appear on camera is like extracting teeth. Most game devs are incredibly camera shy and reclusive. Add to that the Finnish cultural tendency to avoid the spotlight, I would have to drag him onscreen kicking and screaming. My co-host, Eino, is definitely an exception to that.
    Given the lengths I go to avoiding video meetings at work I completely understand.

Makes sense.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

Is there a reason we haven’t seen any more troop themed hero skins? There’s definitely some ties to the headhunter with the rogue set.

I think the majority of the backlash for the king is the goofiness of it. Personally I think the skin would have benefited more from leaning into the coolness / mysterious aspect of a typical ‘bandit’ or just straight up designing a headhunter themed skin / set
    Last edited by MAYFAlR; March 2nd, 2021 at 03:19 AM.