Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Improvement to the Ideas and Feature Requests area.

Improvement to the Ideas and Feature Requests area.

Implementing a proper voting system tied to user accounts in game - or in forums that can:

1. allow players in game (or in forums) to vote on new idea requests- and have those results public for all to see (maybe not the individual names; but just the numbers)

*In game voting would need to be simplified and through a sub menu - perhaps offer 1 gem as a reward to anyone who votes in a topic. Though this may lead to people randomly mashing buttons for reward so perhaps thats a bad idea.

2. these polls (questions And answer choices) would be created by supercell staff only after enough people in the forums have brought it up- say after X number of suggestions it would be created officially. Compare it to the USA and how the president is required to respond if over 100,000 people sign it within a month. perhaps make the required number much lower for here... lol

3. take the ideas ruled out and put them up for popular voting - this does not mean that we would expect supercell to implement them; but it would give forum users and supercell staff a more accurate headcount of what their player base actually wanted from their game. Perhaps if insanely huge numbers of players requested them we could get the powers that be to change their mind and actually implement them. If not then at least everyone knows where we stand.

4. Clean up the huge number of requests in forums into something more organized *yes this is a bit vague but with each new poll all topics related to that poll could be placed into a sub forum for that or merged into one sticky post. (there are forum addons to merge topics)
    Last edited by blombardo; February 28th, 2021 at 06:42 PM.

Clan Recruitment - War Weight - Suggested Upgrade Paths
    NG #9JR2GQ9P NG2 #YRY2YRQ2
    NG3#G09VUJGU www.Discord.me/Nightmare
    Aged Greatness2 #8VJ9UJC8 AG3 #2R0Y9CJY
    www.discord.me/AG2

Quote Originally Posted by blombardo View Post
    Implementing a proper voting system tied to user accounts in game - or in forums that can:

1. allow players in game (or in forums) to vote on new idea requests- and have those results public for all to see (maybe not the individual names; but just the numbers)

*In game voting would need to be simplified and through a sub menu - perhaps offer 1 gem as a reward to anyone who votes in a topic. Though this may lead to people randomly mashing buttons for reward so perhaps thats a bad idea.

2. these polls (questions And answer choices) would be created by supercell staff only after enough people in the forums have brought it up- say after X number of suggestions it would be created officially. Compare it to the USA and how the president is required to respond if over 100,000 people sign it within a month. perhaps make the required number much lower for here... lol

3. take the ideas ruled out and put them up for popular voting - this does not mean that we would expect supercell to implement them; but it would give forum users and supercell staff a more accurate headcount of what their player base actually wanted from their game. Perhaps if insanely huge numbers of players requested them we could get the powers that be to change their mind and actually implement them. If not then at least everyone knows where we stand.

4. Clean up the huge number of requests in forums into something more organized *yes this is a bit vague but with each new poll all topics related to that poll could be placed into a sub forum for that or merged into one sticky post. (there are forum addons to merge topics)
    1. I think SC resists giving the impression that changes are by majority request, especially when the forums are statistically insignificant.

2. I doubt they’d go there but if they did, a limitation like this would help.

3. The ruler out ideas could be better described as “ruled out for now, we heard you, we don’t want more discussion on it as it just clogs up the forum.”

4. You mean like moving your thread to the forum talk section?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    This is something we will not consider for the forums.

Clash is not a democracy, and is not designed by majority, it is designed by Supercell.

Any form of voting will lead people to believe it makes a difference, when it doesn't.

It was a deliberate decision to have polls disabled in this forum, and this is why.

Also, even if every single person who had ever been active on these forums were to vote, it would still represent way fewer than 1% of the player base. And would not be a remotely representative sample of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    This is something we will not consider for the forums.
    I wonder if your opinion could be swayed with this statement; if not then I'll consider this as one more suggestion that I see huge merit in that is simply not going to work here... (it happens)

Thanks for your feedback.

Supercell has taken many forum suggestions and implemented them; I'm just suggesting an improved way to gauge player interest.

I'm not looking at it like "we have 95% of players who want ____ so you have to implement it"

I'm implying that with proper in game / and in forum polls set up by staff (so they control the narrative - they control what polls get sent out) - they could decide which features are most important to players and decide where their development time would be best spent to make their player base happy... and players too could see that perhaps the idea they believe to be amazing is not so well received by others...

*I did notice today that polls were disabled here; that was new to me as its been a while since I offered any suggestions.

*The player base in forums is small I agree; which is why I stated that an in game voting system would need implemented to truly get access to the majority of the player base; at least those who care to do surveys.

Some of the other gaming servers I've played on or worked for have different (maybe not better but certainly other ways) of organizing and managing their suggestions;some of the better methods revolve around tickets and beta testing situations where the biggest problems get corrected first; in this case supercell could see which suggestions are most desired by its base...

Knowledge is power

*Also worth mentioning I've seen a few posts and discussions over the years where Darian would open the floor to players and discuss ideas with them here and on other mediums; as the community manager I believe that behavior would imply that a suggestion like this might be a new tool he could use to gather info. Those discussions are generally limited to the people participating in the live stream or that individual forum conversation..

A suggestion like this would allow players all across the in game platform to respond in mass.

I would collect suggestions in forums then roll these suggestions out quarterly or at least once a year and then have the reports go back to the development team for discussion.

Once these polls are released in game the entire suggestions forum could then be purged- and the results of those suggestions could be posted into the main stickys
    Last edited by blombardo; February 28th, 2021 at 10:29 PM.

www.discord.me/AG2

wait how did this get into the forum talk area; I thought I posted it into suggestions? I hope I didnt mess that up. if so ; sorry.

www.discord.me/AG2

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    I wonder if your opinion could be swayed with this statement; if not then I'll consider this as one more suggestion that I see huge merit in that is simply not going to work here... (it happens)

Thanks for your feedback.

Supercell has taken many forum suggestions and implemented them; I'm just suggesting an improved way to gauge player interest.

I'm not looking at it like "we have 95% of players who want ____ so you have to implement it"
    It doesn't matter whether that is what you are looking for. You may well understand that it will have no measurable effect.

But as soon as we have any form of voting, many people will see it that way. And if they complain that the most voted for things don't get implemented, and we come back telling them it isn't a democracy, then it will be "So why let us vote on it?".

Allowing voting leads to expectations, whether you intend that or not.

And TBH, this really wouldn't even be any real improvement for gauging player interest. The membership of these forums is tiny. A few thousand who have posted here in the last few months, out of 30 million+ players. And those are also self selecting, so tend to be bay far the most active, and not a true reflection of the general playing population.

And yes, they could undoubtedly set up some form of in-game voting system, but apart from the scale, this wuld have exactly the same problem of expectations. If people are asked to vote for something, they expect the voting winners to happen.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    wait how did this get into the forum talk area; I thought I posted it into suggestions? I hope I didnt mess that up. if so ; sorry.
    It got moved to where it belongs. Although you did add in a bit about in-game voting, it was mostly about things outside the actual game and certainly outside game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    And yes, they could undoubtedly set up some form of in-game voting system, but apart from the scale, this wuld have exactly the same problem of expectations. If people are asked to vote for something, they expect the voting winners to happen.
    One way other games avoid this is they don't publish the results. They can hit a statistically significant random number of players with the question and use the results for their own purposes, without ever telling the voting players what the results were. So, there is no expectation created when you vote that the barbarian is too strong, too weak, just right, etc.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Подскажите пожалуйста сколько деревень и какого ЛВЛа можно использовать на одном устройстве?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexey0613 View Post
    Подскажите пожалуйста сколько деревень и какого ЛВЛа можно использовать на одном устройстве?
    Tr: Please tell me how many villages and which LVL can be used on one device?
    Hello and welcome to the forums.
    Please post in English, or in your language with a translation (like above).

The limit per device using Supercell ID is now of 50 accounts. There is no limit to their level.

Tr: Привет и добро пожаловать на форумы.
    Пожалуйста, публикуйте на английском или на своем языке с переводом (как указано выше).
    Лимит на устройство с помощью SuperCell ID теперь 50 счетов.