Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Early to TH9?

Millennial Club
    I would say, if you have upgraded all of your DE troops as well...then look to go to TH9. TH8 has plenty of resources, so you will max quickly. The delay is the lab. TH9 is where the GRIND really starts....the hero grind will seem like it takes FOREVER. You will pretty much use all of your DE for the heros only.

I would use hammers for DE troops to get the ones you need upgraded. The rest of hammers and BOH use for heros once to the 7 day time wait (about the time when it gets harder to keep both down).

TH9 is almost never maxed anymore simply due to the time delay. We just faced a new TH13 with purple and black walls. (One of my TH13s is max except for walls...still orange). Just find comps you like and just upgrade those. I would say max hero's or get close to maxing them...then move up.

Better to wait. Each th level adds more stuff, the th9 grind is particularly long. The more you rush now the more you have to do later, and with all your de troops behind you'll pay the price in war (assuming you war?). Always better to max IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    There has always been an Elixir surplus at TH8, so in general, i would recommend upgrading to TH9 especially if your DE upgrades (BK,Troops) are maxed at TH8.

However, don't be influenced too much by claims of 'wasting DE etc' as your Clash journey is how you dictate it, and hopefully enjoy it.
    Your not in a race with any other player!
    All DE troops are at level 1... lots to do still in that regard, so 'being full on DE' isn't really true for OP
    And checking the screen shots: the elixir troops aren't maxed either... man, this whole post just is wrong on several levels...

OP is probably well aware they are not anywhere near 'max' TH8 on the offense... they just didn't plan or did a really bad job planning. My advice would be to start looking at that and focus on DE and lix with farming whilst completing TH8.

If that -planning for upgrading your base (which consists of defense, offense and heroes) already is a problem now, you will run into MAJOR issues every TH from now on...
    Last edited by JusMe; March 2nd, 2021 at 10:50 AM.

for people responding, these are the upgrade screenshots:

I mean seriously, saying you're 'wasting lix' with these screenshots? and rage at level ONE? at TH8?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
    Go to 9. You can always catch up on defence later if your offence is strong.
    ermmm their defense isn't the issue ... it's everything BUT defense - the problem is that (real) offense is about nonexistent

Quote Originally Posted by ryan15151515 View Post
    I am essentially out of buildings to upgrade with elixer and my Barb King is maxed. Defence and troop upgrades need work, but I will soon have full elixer and dark elixer storages if I don't upgrade to TH9 where I can put the excess elixer into walls and dark elixer into the Archer Queen. Here's some pics of my base currently

https://ibb.co/554QZf3
    https://ibb.co/xM4pxg1
    https://ibb.co/Qfkz9j4
    https://ibb.co/8zQCzrN

Should I upgrade now, soon, or not for a while?

Thanks!
    I'd go with answer d: not for quite a while until you have your priorities, planning and lab sorted out.

Your 'needs work' is really a eufemism for 'nothing has really been done'. Are you even aware that a rage at level 5 is much more effective than level 1? As stated by Skrags, having elixir piling up at TH8 is normal for anyone who plays war, but with your troops/spell state you wouldn't be allowed in war in any of our clans.

TH9 is a long grind, but if you upgrade your TH now you'll get a loot penalty for th8 you attack, and without decent troops (and no, just drag spam isn't decent troops) you will have to attack much more to get decent loot. That will make the grind even longer. People get burnt out at th9. However, the walls are not a problem, especially with the prices and such going down several times in the past year and a half. You honestly, really should get your priorities straight. Not just for warring...

And yes, I know: this totally completely and utterly is just my opinion and nothing more... Troops and spells evolve, at higher TH levels you will need other troops than dragons. Also don't forget that barbs and archers that spawn with your heroes are of the level you have them in at the lab! Another reason to get those maxed...

OP. Yep still lots to achieve at th8. Lab, buildings, walls etc.
    Also lots of learning to do. If this is your 1st account, I'd recommend staying at 8 for a bit longer.
    Once you are comfortable with that, maybe ask for advice on what to focus on in the lab to get that up to speed.
    Also teslas go to 6 at th8 so try to keep one of them on upgrade. One of the longer upgrades at th8 (well at least was).
    But have fun, th8 is where u get to see different stats to try to master.

oops, the last screenshot didn't get in I see ... here's the base: lots to do there still as well

Quote Originally Posted by DerpSmash View Post
    Better to wait. Each th level adds more stuff, the th9 grind is particularly long. The more you rush now the more you have to do later, and with all your de troops behind you'll pay the price in war (assuming you war?). Always better to max IMO...
    I've been seeing this a lot in this thread, about the TH9 grind. To most of us long-time players, TH9 seemed like a long grind. But, it's been a year or two since I did in on my mini, and many things have decreased in cost and upgrade time - most recently, all the DE troops in the lab were discounted at lower levels in the fall release.

Has anyone here gone through TH9 recently? Is it still the grind we remember? Or did the DE reductions and additional pump solve it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I've been seeing this a lot in this thread, about the TH9 grind. To most of us long-time players, TH9 seemed like a long grind. But, it's been a year or two since I did in on my mini, and many things have decreased in cost and upgrade time - most recently, all the DE troops in the lab were discounted at lower levels in the fall release.

Has anyone here gone through TH9 recently? Is it still the grind we remember? Or did the DE reductions and additional pump solve it?
    I have a few 9s that only upgrade from war loot and pumps.. rarely raid with them..
    So no grind, but a lengthy process,,
    On each one that is approaching max, it is dark that is the sticking point..
    Prob 10 hero levels+ and lots of dark lab to do.. Gold and lix jars all full (not going to waste as I dont need it atm).

So yeah, dark is still the bottleneck for natural progression..
    But anyone that raids should be targeting dark, so would expect the deficit to be far less.