Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: BALANCING ISSUE - E-Drags/Drags and Lightning Spells - OP and Should be Nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Maxypoo View Post
    If the entire attack is 12 lightning spells + drags, taking out 3-4 air defenses for the easy 3 star. Yes, I would consider this cowardly because it works with absolutely no skill involved

When you can drop 5-6 rages or heals and completely wipe out the relevant defenses for an attack before the troops are even deployed, please let me know
    Pretty sure 12 lightning leaves an air defense standing, and you still have all the other defenses to tackle too without any spell support. It's an effective strategy but not a free win.

If the entire attack is 12 lightning spells + drags, taking out 3-4 air defenses for the easy 3 star. Yes, I would consider this cowardly because it works with absolutely no skill involved

When you can drop 5-6 rages or heals and completely wipe out the relevant defenses for an attack before the troops are even deployed, please let me know
    https://youtu.be/L_erNbzz9ts
    Just check this video of th9 tournament,if the dragon light attack is really that powerful why didn't every pro player used it in the tournament.
    Hardly 3 attacks were with dragons rest all were different varieties of lalo.

Millennial Club

Why are you worried about skill at th 10 or 11? Th 10 is 3 levels below the current max and th 11 is 2 levels below....the further one is from the top th, the easier bases become to 3 star.

At th 10, you can frozen-witch or even witch-slap any th 10 into submission, or you can use mass hogs, or dragloon, or lalo...fact is, most strats at th 10 will 3 star any th 10...where's the skill?

How are edrag attacks cowardly when it is a perfectly viable strat that the game allows? One could argue that using an aq walk to take out half of a base is also cowardly because she's protected by healers and the attacker uses rages on the healers to keep the aq alive and avoid using her ability until absolutely necessary.

1 - Okay, say it takes 5 months to fully max out a TH 10. Combined with the time it took to get there, that could be about a year of actual gameplay and commitment to constantly upgrading? Just to finish out the TH 10. Which is still getting wrecked by this bogus attack. And then I'm guessing TH 11 would take around 5-6 months to get to close to being maxed out...so I have to put in a year and a half of work just to counteract this strategy? When this strategy could just be nerfed by decreasing some of the strength of the lightning and or e-drags.

2 - Yes, there are plenty of strategies that can take out a TH 10, or any town hall. And it's great that you used ground strategies, I do as well when possible. But the problem is when they use all 12 spell spaces on the lightning, taking out 3/4 air defenses (plus other air-related defenses most likely). There is no balance below elite 11s if this attack is even possible in the game. I guess the meta really has changed in the offense's favor, but still. I open up an opponent's attack to watch in war, they have 11-12 drags and 12 lightning spells, and I close it immediately because it can't be defended, especially at TH 10. Not sure why people play this game just to use this attack every single war, but it is consistently done by clans all over the world. Meanwhile, trying to play with more skill and planning is not rewarded. Just not sure what the incentive in playing is, unless you're a max TH 11 or above, when this will defeat you 95+% of the time until then
    I did a quick search on clashchamps.com and this is one example where you get very little value from zapping ads.
    https://www.clashchamps.com/i-need-a...7476#base17476
    There are many others. Find something that will stop air. And watch it get wrecked by gowipe.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Why are you worried about skill at th 10 or 11? Th 10 is 3 levels below the current max and th 11 is 2 levels below....the further one is from the top th, the easier bases become to 3 star.

At th 10, you can frozen-witch or even witch-slap any th 10 into submission, or you can use mass hogs, or dragloon, or lalo...fact is, most strats at th 10 will 3 star any th 10...where's the skill?

How are edrag attacks cowardly when it is a perfectly viable strat that the game allows? One could argue that using an aq walk to take out half of a base is also cowardly because she's protected by healers and the attacker uses rages on the healers to keep the aq alive and avoid using her ability until absolutely necessary.
    It's like calling a player coward if he zaps the scatter shot or multi inferno placed in the middle of the base completely isolated and loaded with sams and red bombs so as to save their loons from getting wrecked instantly in that area.
    Last edited by ESCANOR0803; February 27th, 2021 at 12:04 AM.

Millennial Club
    I have noticed a major issue with the integrity/balancing of the game, especially at higher town hall levels. The combination of E-drags/regular drags and lightning spells are basically an automatic 3 star for any attacker. It has taken almost all the skill out of 3 starring a town hall level 10 and above, and my friends and I are losing desire to play the game because of it. Regardless of the base setup, using 12 lightning spells and dragons (E-drags especially) are almost always a success.
    You are a TH10, and are complaining that Edragons are too strong and easily 3 star you. Given EDrag armyís are TH11, Iím not sure what you think a TH11 shouldnít be overpowering you.
    Most TH11 strategy attacks will overpower you. This is the same at all THís.
    The lower THís are are the stepping stones. Soon we will say the same thing about TH12.
    Itís how the game is, and you canít expect to defend well against higher TH then you.
    Even TH10v10 with the maxed Siege Machines make these TH now much easier to three star.
    As you push up, the balance changes, but until you at the top Town Hall level, you will always get smashed by the higher town halls.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+

At worst this is only a concern at th 8. If its a concern at any other th, then the base design is poor. Stop putting all "relevant defenses" close together. This makes it sound like you've designed the weakest possible base to defend lightning and are now shocked lightning works against it. My smallest account is a fairly low th 10 and defends against lightning drags in war easily because they take out 3 ads and 3 cannons. In addition, my base baits an entry so their loons are destroyed by red mines and wiz towers while the black mines and single inferno towers take down the dragons.

If you ask me, it sounds like you and your clan have bases that have all the defenses pretty close together since you see large lightning value in most attacks. I would try adjusting your bases to be more spread out. Lessening the lightning value will be a large step in helping. When they get fewer buildings destroyed, the troops now go farther to destroy more buildings because its spread out.

The last thing I'm wondering is the priority of the ads in your clan. At th 10, I recommend getting ads up first to stop lightning from being as effective. If youre truly seeing as many dragon attacks, use single infernoes on islands so the pathing for loons is harder.

Others gave good advise for th 11 so I'll stop here.

Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    At worst this is only a concern at th 8. If its a concern at any other th, then the base design is poor. Stop putting all "relevant defenses" close together. This makes it sound like you've designed the weakest possible base to defend lightning and are now shocked lightning works against it. My smallest account is a fairly low th 10 and defends against lightning drags in war easily because they take out 3 ads and 3 cannons. In addition, my base baits an entry so their loons are destroyed by red mines and wiz towers while the black mines and single inferno towers take down the dragons.

If you ask me, it sounds like you and your clan have bases that have all the defenses pretty close together since you see large lightning value in most attacks. I would try adjusting your bases to be more spread out. Lessening the lightning value will be a large step in helping. When they get fewer buildings destroyed, the troops now go farther to destroy more buildings because its spread out.

The last thing I'm wondering is the priority of the ads in your clan. At th 10, I recommend getting ads up first to stop lightning from being as effective. If youre truly seeing as many dragon attacks, use single infernoes on islands so the pathing for loons is harder.

Others gave good advise for th 11 so I'll stop here.
    So true. Th 9 v Th 9 can easily be 3 starred in war using full zap-drag army even if you have 1 drag and 2 loons in cc if, ONLY IF the following base conditions are met:
    (Based on My observation)

1) More than 1 ADs too close to each other
    2) Archer towers and Teslas too close to ADs (They have high DPS tho)
    3) Air Sweepers to close to ADs or w/in range of Zap Spell.
    4) Both X-bows set on land.
    5) AQ path goes to an AD
    6) No E drag in enemy CC
    7) ADs not behind any storage or too easy to snipe using loons and haste.

If these conditions are not met, it can easily derail a zap-drag spam attack.

Spread out your base so E drags dont chain lightning.
    + It will make your base look big and intimidating. (Idk that's how i see it)... There are so many base designs that features the opposite of what i mentioned above.
    Last edited by JIN2020; February 27th, 2021 at 02:15 AM.

Yeah shoulda realized the forum would be tailored to people with more experience, we're just used to calling anything 10+ as a high TH. But it is still incredibly OP at 10 and for most of 11 too, and anything below 10 there's no chance.

The real issue is based around the lightning spells just being able to wipe out air defenses and clearing half to 3/4 of the base. How is this an entertaining strategy that promotes skillful attacks at "lower levels"

Cool that e-drags aren't relevant at TH 12/13 but I'm not trying to get wrecked by a bunch of unskilled air attackers for the next year as I build up my TH10, as I'm sure other people from TH 11 down feel
    Why do I see th10 and th11 fails often in war then? Why do I do so myself? Is it possible you need better base designs? Check out some pro base designs:

Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    https://youtu.be/L_erNbzz9ts
    Just check this video of th9 tournament,if the dragon light attack is really that powerful why didn't every pro player used it in the tournament.
    Hardly 3 attacks were with dragons rest all were different varieties of lalo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I did a quick search on clashchamps.com and this is one example where you get very little value from zapping ads.
    https://www.clashchamps.com/i-need-a...7476#base17476
    There are many others. Find something that will stop air. And watch it get wrecked by gowipe.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.