Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: BALANCING ISSUE - E-Drags/Drags and Lightning Spells - OP and Should be Nerfed

  1. #1
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8

    Angry BALANCING ISSUE - E-Drags/Drags and Lightning Spells - OP and Should be Nerfed

    My friends and I have recently gotten back into the game, and for the most part we are having a great time building up our bases and trying to win wars.

    I have noticed a major issue with the integrity/balancing of the game, especially at higher town hall levels. The combination of E-drags/regular drags and lightning spells are basically an automatic 3 star for any attacker. It has taken almost all the skill out of 3 starring a town hall level 10 and above, and my friends and I are losing desire to play the game because of it. Regardless of the base setup, using 12 lightning spells and dragons (E-drags especially) are almost always a success.

    We try to play for the love of Clash, using mostly ground attacks that require tactical planning and skill. Seeing opponent after opponent use dragons and lightning spells is demoralizing, as anyone with those troops can do well and win wars. I am not sure if these attacks are banned in competitive leagues (we have been watching Youtube videos to improve), but I doubt that the people who really love the game just use 2 different troops and 1 spell every single attack. What is the point of playing when you know there's no way to defend against an automatic 3 star at higher levels?

    I see that Clash has had patches recently, so you guys take a rooted interest in improving the game. And I would not be writing this message if I also did not care about a fair, evenly matched game, because Clash of Clans is an awesome game that I believe should take skill and planning to do well in.

    If the lightning spells and dragons (especially E-drags) could be nerfed in a patch soon, I think it would make the game much more fair and incentivize working hard to improve town halls at higher levels. Otherwise, these automatic 3 stars at higher levels will lead to people (and me) losing the desire to get to higher levels because there is no defense for that attack.

    My friends and I are thinking about buying Battle Passes and gems going forward, but the lack of balance has us thinking that we will spend our time elsewhere.

    I hope this will be considered in the next patch.

  2. #2
    Forum Hero Phoenix1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Land
    Posts
    7,987
    Edrags are useless above TH11 because of their slow attack speed, as well as the giga tesla/inferno and scattershots which completely melt them.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxypoo View Post
    My friends and I have recently gotten back into the game, and for the most part we are having a great time building up our bases and trying to win wars.

    I have noticed a major issue with the integrity/balancing of the game, especially at higher town hall levels. The combination of E-drags/regular drags and lightning spells are basically an automatic 3 star for any attacker. It has taken almost all the skill out of 3 starring a town hall level 10 and above, and my friends and I are losing desire to play the game because of it. Regardless of the base setup, using 12 lightning spells and dragons (E-drags especially) are almost always a success.

    We try to play for the love of Clash, using mostly ground attacks that require tactical planning and skill. Seeing opponent after opponent use dragons and lightning spells is demoralizing, as anyone with those troops can do well and win wars. I am not sure if these attacks are banned in competitive leagues (we have been watching Youtube videos to improve), but I doubt that the people who really love the game just use 2 different troops and 1 spell every single attack. What is the point of playing when you know there's no way to defend against an automatic 3 star at higher levels?

    I see that Clash has had patches recently, so you guys take a rooted interest in improving the game. And I would not be writing this message if I also did not care about a fair, evenly matched game, because Clash of Clans is an awesome game that I believe should take skill and planning to do well in.

    If the lightning spells and dragons (especially E-drags) could be nerfed in a patch soon, I think it would make the game much more fair and incentivize working hard to improve town halls at higher levels. Otherwise, these automatic 3 stars at higher levels will lead to people (and me) losing the desire to get to higher levels because there is no defense for that attack.

    My friends and I are thinking about buying Battle Passes and gems going forward, but the lack of balance has us thinking that we will spend our time elsewhere.

    I hope this will be considered in the next patch.
    I agree. Hopefully they nerf lightning spells starting from level 5 so that dragons will be less OP in general and will require most skill. The 1 capacity lightning spell is the reason why I lost the love for th8.

  4. #4
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Posts
    542
    Make up your bases such that they can defend well. To defend ed, put outside buildings at a gap of 2 tiles (inner buildings too wherever possible). To defend lightning spells, do not give much value to them. This means take care that air defences are not next to each other, air sweepers, or other air targeting defences.

    Most of the zap+dragon attackers who attack you, are dumb enough not to strategize well. They will just drop zaps, and then spam all the dragons without a proper funnel or plan.

    I dare you to 3 star my TH10 and TH12 minis (war bases) by using this strategy. You will never. But if I had asked you to do this with hybrid, lavaloon, or maybe any other well planned strategy, you could. I know that most of the players I will be facing in wars will either do zap+dragons or EDs+rage spells. So I have made my bases such that they can't.

    No strategy in this game can 3 star any base(on their respective town hall levels) every time.

  5. #5
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8
    Issue is we're mostly TH 9s and new 10s so not great seeing our few TH 11s get wrecked consistently from e drags. Making us think 'if you can't beat em, join em' even though it's not a fun way to play the game and takes no skill

  6. #6
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8
    Is this a fun way to play the game though? Having 1 ridiculously dominant attack that should be able to work against most (I guess not all) bases. Why not just reduce a bit of the strength of the e-drags and or lightning spells to balance the troops and strategies

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxypoo View Post
    Is this a fun way to play the game though? Having 1 ridiculously dominant attack that should be able to work against most (I guess not all) bases. Why not just reduce a bit of the strength of the e-drags and or lightning spells to balance the troops and strategies
    Yh say that to th8 and th7. Lightning spells REALLY need a nerf. What's the point of putting your air defences in a strategic formation when you know they are just going to be destroying them. If people do dragons + rage + heal, a lot of them will not 3 star bases because the current META deprives them of skill.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    Make up your bases such that they can defend well. To defend ed, put outside buildings at a gap of 2 tiles (inner buildings too wherever possible). To defend lightning spells, do not give much value to them. This means take care that air defences are not next to each other, air sweepers, or other air targeting defences.

    Most of the zap+dragon attackers who attack you, are dumb enough not to strategize well. They will just drop zaps, and then spam all the dragons without a proper funnel or plan.

    I dare you to 3 star my TH10 and TH12 minis (war bases) by using this strategy. You will never. But if I had asked you to do this with hybrid, lavaloon, or maybe any other well planned strategy, you could. I know that most of the players I will be facing in wars will either do zap+dragons or EDs+rage spells. So I have made my bases such that they can't.

    No strategy in this game can 3 star any base(on their respective town hall levels) every time.
    No strategy except 8 lightning spells at th8 and 10 dragons 2 with balloons in the CC. Why do you hate th8 so much?

  9. #9
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    No strategy except 8 lightning spells at th8 and 10 dragons 2 with balloons in the CC. Why do you hate th8 so much?
    No one hates th8 but very few care. It takes maybe 2 months to max. It has very little relevance other than as a stepping stone to higher levels.

    To the op, they added hp to th10 max ads to limit the number that can be taken out. However, if you are faxing opponents that can use seige engines and max cc troops, a th10 is going to be smashed. 11 is a little better. The eagle helps some. Maybe they'll give th11 ads a bit of a buff in an upcoming update. However, the might not. With th14 coming soon ish, 11 is getting pushed down to the little leagues and they seem to like to keep those easier.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  10. #10
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    No strategy except 8 lightning spells at th8 and 10 dragons 2 with balloons in the CC. Why do you hate th8 so much?
    Because TH8 is not the top town hall. I will repeat that no strategy gives you 100% ​success rate. Most of the zap+dragon users are dumb. I didn't say these strategies can never give 3 stars. If people are skillful like you, they can 3 star a TH13 too by just using eds, and if are dumb, they can't 3 star a TH8 too by using dragons and zap.


    Thanks to @Be A Legend for this amazing signature
    https://forum.supercell.com/member.p...56-Be-A-Legend

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •