Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New way to Donate!

It still doesn't really solve your problem. from what im seeing based in your idea, you tap on the request and the request will be added to your training queue, as long as there is available housing space, it will start training, and the donee and will get an indication, a timer someone is preparing the request; let's say, the total time to train the request is "20 mins" and the request is the only thing you are preparing.

HOWEVER, within that 20 mins time frame: (read what you have said)

Quote Originally Posted by freezole View Post
    4. I come back online in say 20 min to donate those troops.
    5. Ohh look someone else donated finally after over a hr of them waiting before.
    6. Great now I have a bunch troops spells I don't need in my raid, I wasted 20 min, my hero's are good to go , raid army would have been good to go.
    7. ok, lets trash these troops I just cooked for the donations, lets try and move all the troops around so my next raid has hopefully the right army.
    8. As soon as you trash the donation troops you just spent cooking for 20+ min, the same guys come back online and ask for the same dam thing again. ...
    See? Your problem repeats itself. Even with this method of donating/training. You cannot stop other people from donating and "unintentionally ruining" your army/queue. you cannot claim donation requests to prevent other people from donating either.
    Separate tab is a ruled out request. This is a wrong timing issue. And this idea is just a quickest way to prepare requests so you dont need to tap too many things.

If you have accepted the path of being a sole donator of your clan, you will always encounter this wrong timing issue, you will always get your army messed up. So it is an army training issue? not donation? Which is which?

Buy anyways, as you have said you couldn't care less:

Yes your current army still keeps cooking. The donation cook is separate from that. If someone donates before your thing is done, I could care less what supercell does lol, ...

Less direct how? Less connected? lol . To me it would solve one of the biggest problems in the game. Donations. I got news for some of you, we all don't have the gold pass. The 1 gem donation perk is not a draw to get the gold pass. I'm sure a lot more people would donate faster if they didn't have to rearrange their army and cook something else. Just so we are clear, I'm not a person without a donation history, #2P0LYC0CL . There is my tag look it up, 467K+ in donations. I'm just sick of it honestly. The pain it is to rearrange your raid army due to donations is a dam joke.
    That's why I don't leave a second army cooking in the barracks, the second one is for donations. And how woul you know whether I bought the gold pass. Well I got news for you, no second qued army plus barracks boost or training potions exist.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

Remember old ways of donating still stay around.
    How can I remember something that wasn't mentioned in your post? This is the first time you're saying it. This is what I mean by the idea needs work. Every reply you give me shows something is left out or doesn't work.

I still believe the best solution to the donation problems is a separate donation camp where we fill it like the trained army and queue slots.

It would have to be limited to 45 troop space to match a max CC. This limitation helps balance the need still for 1gem donations. For example, I can train 45 space of common requested troops and have them wait, let's say 9 loons and 2 freeze. Then a req appears asking for 1 edrag and 3 loons; I can donate 3 from my donate camp, then either - a) adjust space and train an edrag, b) gem it, or c) leave it and wait for someone else to donate it. If I choose option a) and someone else fills it before me, then hey, I have an edrag in the donate camp waiting to be adopted.

The idea of a timer on the req to know someone is cooking it is nice, but in most good clans we just say 'cookin' to announce that the troops are on the way. Really just good clan communication. But... I know many clans aren't as communicative.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by JIN2020 View Post
    It still doesn't really solve your problem. from what im seeing based in your idea, you tap on the request and the request will be added to your training queue, as long as there is available housing space, it will start training, and the donee and will get an indication, a timer someone is preparing the request; let's say, the total time to train the request is "20 mins" and the request is the only thing you are preparing.

HOWEVER, within that 20 mins time frame: (read what you have said)

See? Your problem repeats itself. Even with this method of donating/training. You cannot stop other people from donating and "unintentionally ruining" your army/queue. you cannot claim donation requests to prevent other people from donating either.
    Separate tab is a ruled out request. This is a wrong timing issue. And this idea is just a quickest way to prepare requests so you dont need to tap too many things.

If you have accepted the path of being a sole donator of your clan, you will always encounter this wrong timing issue, you will always get your army messed up. So it is an army training issue? not donation? Which is which?

Buy anyways, as you have said you couldn't care less:
    This is where our communication got lost, it was mentioned in the post before, my idea is a separate tab for cooking donations or that chat idea where it cooks it in the background. Which is invisible to your que, has nothing to do with my que. So it does solve the problem, you just missed that part. It just cooks the troops in the cloud somewhere, lol . sorry had to make a joke some.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by ziya645 View Post
    That's why I don't leave a second army cooking in the barracks, the second one is for donations. And how woul you know whether I bought the gold pass. Well I got news for you, no second qued army plus barracks boost or training potions exist.
    Hold up, so your solution is to boost up training over the course of the day. Which in it self is costly as hell. Your other solution is let them wait a hr until your second que is ready to go.

Yes man that is much [in the great words of BORAT, NOOOOT] better then a idea of a background cook when you see a req, all they will have to wait for is the time req to cook the troops. It blows my mind how against a 3rd and much better option for donations a few of you are. Only logical reason I can think of for this attitude is you got something to loose or think you do. Please enlighten me more.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra57 View Post
    I still believe the best solution to the donation problems is a separate donation camp where we fill it like the trained army and queue slots.

It would have to be limited to 45 troop space to match a max CC. This limitation helps balance the need still for 1gem donations. For example, I can train 45 space of common requested troops and have them wait, let's say 9 loons and 2 freeze. Then a req appears asking for 1 edrag and 3 loons; I can donate 3 from my donate camp, then either - a) adjust space and train an edrag, b) gem it, or c) leave it and wait for someone else to donate it. If I choose option a) and someone else fills it before me, then hey, I have an edrag in the donate camp waiting to be adopted.

The idea of a timer on the req to know someone is cooking it is nice, but in most good clans we just say 'cookin' to announce that the troops are on the way. Really just good clan communication. But... I know many clans aren't as communicative.
    I'll take the separate tab with matching max cc limit. The timer idea is not necessary to let them know your cooking, but it is a nice feature say for that in the background donation idea. I haven't been in many clans, due to loyalty. Perhaps 3 clans I have spent some time in, most in 1 clan. Over my experience, you don't get many guys communicate to you "COOKING". Anyways, Super Cell likes to time everything in the game lol, why not when your donations are on the way.

Didn't notice this thread, I like the idea.

I'm just basing all my thoughts on the image you provided on your original post.

Add a 1-gem button to instantly finish the timer then the requestor will immediately receive it. Every one who has gold pass (and of course willing to donate via 1-gem) can finish the cooking time as long as he has the requested troop.

To OP, Can you edit your posted image and shove a gem in the center of the balloons and the Stone Slammer?

So my thoughts about this idea are..

- Donation barracks not needed
    - 1-gem not defeated
    - Your army is saved
    - This would also add a morale to the members, no need to type "please wait im cooking" just to imply that their request is being cooked, the timer itself indicates that it is being fulfilled.

uhm... maybe I'm missing some negative things..?
    Last edited by maximooze007; March 4th, 2021 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra57 View Post

Personally, as much as I love and support any form of separate donation pool/barracks/camp, the discussion will always end to 1-gem being defeated, no matter how people come up with any idea how to circumvent it. I think OP's idea can alleviate that issue, I just think that this idea would be a technical nightmare.
    Last edited by maximooze007; March 4th, 2021 at 04:32 AM.

I think the easiest way to do this is to expand the queue capacity of the barracks. Yes, you would still need to organize your queue between your second trained army and excess troops, and the troop will still need to fully train, but none of what is happening in the queue interferes with your trained army unless you attempt to donate a troop only available in your trained army.

I agree this space should not exceed the max cc housing space, and the amount should start low and increase as you upgrade your barracks.

This keeps one-gem donations and quick donating in general more desirable because you waive the training time by gemming.

The added benefit is it could make for easiest swapping training of armies, so when you need to delete troops from your trained army without having to either delete troops from your queued army lest they spill into your trained army free space (the problem players have requested a barracks “gate” for), you can simply move another troop to the front to block the wrong troops. That way, a beefy troop like a golem can act as a makeshift gate, thereby killing two birds with one QOL change.