Thread: Ray Tracing (RTX) Clash

Ray Tracing (RTX) Clash

I know this is impossible in the near future, but with external graphics cards on the rise, it's still possible. Once the drivers for newer gpu's are made, it's totally possible to make RTX Clash of Clans. If clash was on PC then this is already possible but it's not so who cares. Even if it takes decades to make mobile RTX possible then that would be totally worth it.

I probably sound mental talking about mobile Ray tracing and especially CoC of all games to be RTX compatible.
    This isn't really a feature request but just a question of would SC consider adding Ray Tracing into the game once apple, android, etc. adds a driver that allows for this to happen. And if the drivers were added into mobile, what would Clash be like.

Again, this is a crazy thought. Ray traycing on mobile is a ridiculous but possible idea. No mobile company has even attempted to add it.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by ziya645 View Post
    I know this is impossible in the near future, but with external graphics cards on the rise, it's still possible. Once the drivers for newer gpu's are made, it's totally possible to make RTX Clash of Clans. If clash was on PC then this is already possible but it's not so who cares. Even if it takes decades to make mobile RTX possible then that would be totally worth it.

I probably sound mental talking about mobile Ray tracing and especially CoC of all games to be RTX compatible.
    This isn't really a feature request but just a question of would SC consider adding Ray Tracing into the game once apple, android, etc. adds a driver that allows for this to happen. And if the drivers were added into mobile, what would Clash be like.

Again, this is a crazy thought. Ray traycing on mobile is a ridiculous but possible idea. No mobile company has even attempted to add it.
    What mobile hardware could take advantage of this? Are there really external GPUs for mobile devices? When many (most? Dunno) are playing on a phone, will it make any noticeable difference?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum All-Star
    Doesn't answer your specific question but does on future tech upgrades.
    https://-I-m-Clash-Community-Manager-Darian-Ask-Me-Anything

2.With improvement in Technology like high end processors,ram,etc if VR glasses ,3D, 4D, becomes normal in mobile will coc adapt it to improve Gaming Experience?

Adding new tech to a game just because new tech becomes available is not a successful way of maintaining a game. Many games that try to do this usually end up failing because you end up losing the original feel of what made the game special in the first place.

Clash is meant to be played from an overhead view. There's no point in adding VR/AR. As far as 3D, would it really add anything to the game play? If not, then there is no point in investing the amount of time and resources it would take to convert the game into 3D. Sure, we could add a 360 view of the village, but why? Other than "it looks cool" it doesn't really add anything to the actual game play.

Instead, we will try to innovate new features to add to the game that we feel will remain true to what Clash of Clans is.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; February 26th, 2021 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziya645 View Post

I think optional ray tracing(like mine craft) would be much better, but then again, people could misuse that feature

Made by, Be a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    What mobile hardware could take advantage of this? Are there really external GPUs for mobile devices? When many (most? Dunno) are playing on a phone, will it make any noticeable difference?
    There are no external GPU's for mobile devices yet. At least not that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Doesn't answer your specific question but does on future tech upgrades.
    https://-I-m-Clash-Community-Manager-Darian-Ask-Me-Anything

2.With improvement in Technology like high end processors,ram,etc if VR glasses ,3D, 4D, becomes normal in mobile will coc adapt it to improve Gaming Experience?

Adding new tech to a game just because new tech becomes available is not a successful way of maintaining a game. Many games that try to do this usually end up failing because you end up losing the original feel of what made the game special in the first place.

Clash is meant to be played from an overhead view. There's no point in adding VR/AR. As far as 3D, would it really add anything to the game play? If not, then there is no point in investing the amount of time and resources it would take to convert the game into 3D. Sure, we could add a 360 view of the village, but why? Other than "it looks cool" it doesn't really add anything to the actual game play.

Instead, we will try to innovate new features to add to the game that we feel will remain true to what Clash of Clans is.
    I'm not even sure how ray tracing would work on clash, I don't think it's even the type of game that could try to fit that feature in. Cause how would it work? Which direction will the rays come from? And so much more involved.

just a small request, RTX = Nvidia specific, RT is what it really is.

GPUs have specific hardware to make RT actually playable. clash would really not come to desktop, so we need RT, and RT cores on mobile socs. Even if somehow a phone/tablet comes around with specs with which we can play RT coc, the demographic would be small as hell, and would not be an incentive for clash team to invest resources in getting it implemented