Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best CWL league for mixed th 30 v 30?

Centennial Club

Best CWL league for mixed th 30 v 30?

Our clan has been doing 15 v 15, all th13s for maybe 6 months or so. Worked our way up to M1. Now, we are turning the clan in a different direction. Gonna try 30 v 30, but add in our lower members from a sister clan. Basically, trying to be more active as a clan, and add in th11 and th12. We are fine with dropping to a league we aren't matching vs all 13s. I fully understand M1, is not the place to be, but any advice on what spots yall have found mixed th CWL competitive at least at 30 v? Thanks for any advice.

How many of each TH are you expecting? You probably need at least 20 TH13s just to be able to stay in Masters league. TH11s definitely don't have a place in Masters league and TH12s barely cut it. If you had 15 TH13s and rest TH12s/TH11s, you are probably looking at a placement somewhere in crystal league.

Pro Member
    Will you not just have to run CWL at 30v and see where you settle out? Players ability will also have a bearing on which league you end up sitting in.
    Check out Fiddle Farm #PRP902RR - Jenny’s always welcome

It's just a game

Unfortunately you will have to find out about that whilst doing CWL and dropping ... when switching from 15/15 to 30/30, the clan will not be re-seeded so it will be an uphill battle for a while, or you'd need to do the 30/30 from a lower starting point to begin with (you're speaking of a sister clan).

Also something to keep in mind: the bonuses for 30/30 are the same as for 15/15 (as in the same number in total, not two times the number that can be given out in 15/15)

My clan runs 30v30 in M3. We have 17 to 18 13s ranging from new to max, rest 12s, with maybe 1 or 2 11s. Depending on how many 11s you will have you might need to be in crystal 1 or you could hang in m3.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Even if you started a new clan for CWL you'd probably get put into masters league - I don't think they've changed the initial weight seeding algorithm since CWL was introduced. You might have to prepare your clan for a couple of tough months until you're demoted into a league where your bottom clans can be productive.

It might not be as bad as you think though - you obviously have a competitive clan to make it up to M1 to begin with. If your bottom accounts can 2-star a TH13, you might be able to hang out in masters even with the weight disadvantage.

Centennial Club
    Appreciate all the info and advice.

We've been running 30v since its creation and M3 seems to have the best TH makeup for matching TH13-11. We're were in M2 and got matched to clans with all TH13s. Next season we'll be back up near the top. M3 and in second place is the best place to be.
    Last edited by Mudbugs; March 11th, 2021 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FMdC92 View Post
    Don't try to understand the forums. It's a magical land of disagreement and ego self-inflation. Keep your head down and try to survive..

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbugs View Post
    We've been running 30v since its creation and M3 seems to have the best TH makeup for matching TH13-11. We're were in M2 and got matched to clans with all TH13s. Next season we'll be back up near the top. M3 and in second place is the best place to be.
    I would agree. Although my criteria is anywhere from 2nd to 5th. Stuff happens. Lose a player with a 13 and a 12 base, no Bueno. Not only is the league in Flux, your clan is also.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by rjwhitlock View Post
    Our clan has been doing 15 v 15, all th13s for maybe 6 months or so. Worked our way up to M1. Now, we are turning the clan in a different direction. Gonna try 30 v 30, but add in our lower members from a sister clan. Basically, trying to be more active as a clan, and add in th11 and th12. We are fine with dropping to a league we aren't matching vs all 13s. I fully understand M1, is not the place to be, but any advice on what spots yall have found mixed th CWL competitive at least at 30 v? Thanks for any advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjwhitlock View Post
    We have also been doing 15v15 all 13's for quite some time. Recently, we created 15 more 10's currently in the process of strategically rushing to 13/14 for 30v30 wars. The best league is subjective to be sure, but I presume you want something somewhat challenging, but not impossible. We utilize sister and burner clans to manipulate and maintain a static league level so the players can continuously compete at that level until they're naturally ready to progress at higher leagues. Based on their current strength, that places the group as a whole around Gold 1 to Crystal 1, whereas the 13's can go higher alone like your clan.

If that's something your guys are willing to do for CWL while they're developing, the lower guys can start another clan and get you seeded far below M1. If you don't have the people to do it, I can get one started, get it seeded, and hand it over.

From there, you can do one of two things depending on the personnel you have to do it. As you advance upwards, you can either rinse and repeat the process to reseed again in another new clan or you can intentionally drop out of M1 in your existing clan while simultaneously advancing in the sister clan. Eventually, you'll achieve a relative equilibrium between the two somewhere in Crystal as one intentionally drops and the other advances. Again, rinse and repeat the process...

That's all I've got for ya'...