Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New interview of Community manager Darian.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I think that ship has sailed, but thank you for double-checking.
    Ohh, didn't see your last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I wanted to note that this itself is indicative of a bigger problem with the badges. I would amend your statement to say "even if the player doesn't really fit what that badge means to me".

Suppose I'm a TH11 that has focused exclusively on farming. Say I've spent my time in farming clans that rarely war, and usually skip CWL. As a result, I have maybe 10 war stars. However, I've decided since my heroes are maxed (for TH11), I want to start warring more. So, I choose the "Clan War" and "CWL" badges and start looking for a clan. Because, to me, that's what I'm looking to do. Should I not be allowed to choose those badges?

That, IMO, is the bigger problem with the badges, is that there's no objective definition of what they mean, and they mean different things to different people.
    Yep, I'm for as many filters as possible. "I want to war" I think is a great one. For example, in my clan, if I saw your 10 stars, I would invite you, thinking you're a farmer and don't want to war. If I knew you wanted to war, I would not invite you because we wouldn't put someone without war experience into war, you'd get mad for not being put in war, then you'd leave and maybe curse on the way out

When it comes to badges not lining up with what they mean, I don't think the war badge is really at the top of the list. It seems pretty clear if someone has that checked, it means they want to war. The same goes for CWL. If I see those two checked I assume it means they want in war and CWL. The more problematic ones are things like "active daily" or "active donator" when they rarely do either. It doesn't make as much sense to have those be optional that a player simply elects.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00180. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    https://forum.supercell.com/member.p...59-JuDoSloTh89
    Here it is, Judo Sloth's official forum account for anyone who was confused between him and sumosloth.
    Thank you Mayankkumar for sharing the link. I was so sure JudoSloth is a forumite but couldn't find him.

BTW, here's the Content Creators list last updated in 2019.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Creator-List?
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    That hypothetical is the exact situation I face daily when recruiting.

I search for only one badge at a time. Today it is "Clan Wars".
    So I see your account. It says you want to do Clan Wars, but you have only 10 stars.
    I check the next profile. Th10 with 22 stars. The next 50 I check all have under 100 stars.
    So should I try them all, one at a time, letting them join and immediately opt out, or putting them in war and waiting for them to not attack?
    You want to war. The other 50 only clicked that badge because it gives them a better chance at getting an invite. How do I tell the one who means it from the 50 who don't?

I had 1000 war stars before I finished TH9.

So I set my clan at TH10 and up, and pass on everyone with fewer than 300 stars. I still have to kick a few. But I find a few good ones.

We see this often. There might be one player in a thousand who has a good excuse. But as a leader with limited time to recruit, I don't want to sort through 1000s to find the one.

Make it more useful for the recruiter, even if it means the recruit has to work harder to get noticed.
    Also shows how hard numbers don't mean much. My mini has 196 war stars as a th12. Max heroes. Getting close to max defense, walls and lab. When doing wars, i remove it first to let mains war. Heck, my main only has 1700 ish war stars as a max 13. Someone in a back to back war low th level clan could have far more. Filters may help. If only to show people how rare the target is they are looking for.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I agree at some points that labels should be earned. And Not freely be put in your profile. Because it makes sense why put something in your profile but you do the opposite of it.?

But i kind of seeing this as or kind of worried about, u know the meme that says:

"to get the job you need experience, but as a newbie how will i get experience if i do not get the job?"

At first we start with zero stats, and some of the labels require being in a clan, some labels can be proven or attained without being in a clan. But the game is about being in a clan. and how can a player get "clan-related" tags if the clan they join into is not active? (Because i assume, active clans accepts players high qualifications and probably there are rare cases of active clans accepting newbies or if you are lucky)

I think, to implement this sc should take into consideration a checklist or tasks or goals to prove you can use a specific labels so recruiters can hire you.

For example: I think the Veteran label should be a mix of War stars, Regular Attack Percentage (or 100% for the most part), # Win Vs Lost Count, Loot count on every attack, highest trophy earned kind of set of Goals. (Or IDK could be more because veteran is everything. I think.)

(EDIT) AND in addition, if this is implemented virtually, some hard earned or difficult to earn labels will be aquired by small number of players, while the the easy ones will be aquired by majority. So if a recruiter selects "high profile labels" to lets say contribute to their clans, there will be small pool of applicants available for them.

And since the applicants are now having high profiles in their resumes, they can also be picky in choosing clans.

But anyways.. in regards to the interview, I love love love everything in Recruitment tool/system Q&A portion. Also the 3D thingy in sceneries.
    Last edited by JIN2020; February 27th, 2021 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    the daily snapshot function in the recruiting tool, (could this explain the full inbox paradox?)
    That has been discussed in the past as an issue, the search isn’t “live” in the sense that the players/results may have full inboxes now but didn’t earlier that day.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.