Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Lucky bonus scam!

Lucky bonus scam!

We always strive to get to do each lucky bonus in the “now every month” valley seasons. This is mainly to get a chance to win permits since we have all sanctuary animals and at level 200+ we could care less about other items.

This time around my neighbour in all 3 lucky bonuses due to hitting bombs would spend diamonds at the level 2 bonus to get to the 3rd level and in all 3 cases had zero permits in the third level. This is seriously messed up as we could understand in one lucky bonus, maybe two of them but in all three of them? That’s a serious disappointment in the game that we have shown devotion to all these years to be honest.

It just seems more and more that the cards are stacked against the players, there is no randomness in the game and things are predetermined to be against people getting these ‘precious’ permits.

I personally have spent many diamonds when it is permit time on wheel of fortune and never gotten the permit..... I’m taking doing 5-7 spins every single time with it never coming up. Let alone the fact they say 1 permit spot guaranteed, possibility of 2 and my neighbours and I have never seen 2 on a wheel!

Just frustrating that the game is stacked against us.....

With the bombs do think you have to spend any diamonds. Just try for three prizes in the first, then move to the next one. Try for three, then next one. And the same for the last.

if you bomb out on the first round the diamond exchange value is good but for the second and third rounds just take the loss.

you can quit at any time and don’t need to get all.

for the items we try to get I never worry as can’t guarantee they will show in the next rounds.

i feel you on the wof too. Spent a lot of diamonds too. LOL
    Last edited by Ranger; February 25th, 2021 at 03:52 AM.

I don’t spend a wooden nickel on the “lucky bonus”.

paying more is not a guarantee.

Buying a lottery ticket increases your chances of winning.

Buying 10 lottery tickets increases your chances of winning as well, but is still not a guarantee of a win

having permits possible on the wheel of fortune does not guarantee getting them no matter how many times you spin
    Farm 144
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 60 GW 40
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post

paying more is not a guarantee.

Buying a lottery ticket increases your chances of winning.

Buying 10 lottery tickets increases your chances of winning as well, but is still not a guarantee of a win

having permits possible on the wheel of fortune does not guarantee getting them no matter how many times you spin
    I have seen other comments that state the wheel of fortune is already predetermined so no matter how you spin, fast slow, etc it will always land on that same prize. I assume as well then that this applies to if you decide to spin 3, 4, 5 or more times. In that case why is it a wheel even except to give the illusion that you actually are the one deciding what you get with how you spin? It should just have a click to say here is your daily prize if it is already determined.

And I do tend to believe this as I once had major connection issues and 3 times it cut out on me as I spun the wheel, the spin finished and landed on prize 'x' but the game timed out on me as my internet cut. Got back in, spun again and landed on 'x' again, and it timed out again. This happened 3 times and on the last one I would first spin, spin spin and then let go. Also landing on 'x'....

Lotteries where wheels or balls are concerned are in fact random (unless you are a conspiracy theorist of course....).

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Me either! My only “gamble” is reshuffling the horseshoe prizes... but only sometimes! I’m a diamond hoarder.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MarySC View Post
    Me either! My only “gamble” is reshuffling the horseshoe prizes... but only sometimes! I’m a diamond hoarder.
    Me three! I absolutely refuse to spend a single diamond on that feature. In fact even though I really love the game as a whole I absolutely hate the unlucky bonus with a vengeance. Yes hate and I don’t toss that word around lightly.

I am really not greedy but always lose on bombs. This season in every single unlucky bonus I played on both my farms I managed to find the bomb in round 1 clicking the 2nd square. Well screw that! I can’t even begin to describe just how much I hate that feature.
    Maybe I should just completely ignore them all together and save myself the frustration.

Ok got that out of my system.

In the OP’s case I wonder if some of those people he’s describing is very close to finishing their permit needs. Just like puzzle pieces when you’re getting very close it becomes quite the science of getting the last few items and other possibilities in the game where the needed piece or permit may be hiding. Since the game doesn’t allow you to go over.
    Theres a thread active on getting that last puzzle piece. But the same principles apply to permits.
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; February 25th, 2021 at 02:15 PM.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Define close. My neighbour still needs to clear 5 spaces so needs about 90 permits. Contrast that to myself where I am down to 3 spots and 51 permits and in the lucky bonus I got permits in the third round every time.

Regardless we are getting tired of the game as it’s just the same stuff every time just about. The valley was a good addition and the perk pass is ok but just adding more products, special land spots and sanctuary animals is getting redundant. Will everyone be so shocked at baby gorillas in next update?!?

I’m not a developer so can’t think of things to add into the game to give some life back to it but I’m also not paid for that either!

Just would like a lot more transparency overall so we know what our odds are in the different aspects of the game and what is either truly random or is really fixed. The daily wheel of fortune falls where as an example.....

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1966 View Post
    ...Just would like a lot more transparency overall so we know what our odds are in the different aspects of the game and what is either truly random or is really fixed. The daily wheel of fortune falls where as an example.....
    Are you suggesting Team Hay Day should consider adding probabilities of finding bombs in Lucky Bonus like Mystery Chests?
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

I want to believe that the Wheel used to be random. I don’t think it is at all anymore.

A little history: a long time ago on a farm far away there was a Wheel...

okay. Seriously. It used to be that if you spun the Wheel and it was a puny spin you could stop it (exiting by touching anywhere else on the screen) and spin again. Apparently some clever players realised that you could use that device to “choose” which prize you allowed the Wheel to eventually stop on.

I think (without any concrete evidence) that the HD team put a stop to that in two ways. Firstly, you can no longer stop the Wheel.* Once spun, it’s spun. Secondly they “set” the spins so that if the first check and balance is defeated (by connection problems or deliberately) the ability to game the system is still lost. Overkill? Probably a little bit but it’s what happens every time players find a way to play the game that was not contemplated by the creators. Sometimes it makes perfect sense. Sometimes it’s very frustrating.

(*the lost ability to close down (without trying to open) the chests that pop up on the farm occurred for similar reasons. Players exploited a feature meant to make the UI slick and easy. C’est la vie.)

I realise that this isn’t quite on the topic you began but maybe you’ll find it useful in trying to reconcile some frustrating aspects of the game.😊

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    I don't quite agree, BostonGirl. (about the Wheel is no longer random)

What you observed is true, but the conclusion that is no more random is not straightforward in my opinion.

Before, we can fairly tell that the prize is randomized after when the wheel was spun. However, as you stated, it has a potential to be exploited. Now, it seems to me that the randomization occurs before wheel spinning, thus preventing the above exploit (and this kind of change also fix similar exploit in other places of the game that I won't mention here)

If the algorithm to randomize rewards stay the same, then what's the issue whether when the reward is chosen (before of after spinning), it is still random, right? The only thing I think we can "complain" about is the chance to land on some permit or puzzle piece when they are offered.
    Last edited by meonhoc; February 26th, 2021 at 11:36 AM.
    Welcome to Community Forum - How to - Search & Save Threads /PM / VM
    My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | Mystery D - Bingo D