Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coc esports are about who will fail and not who will prevail.

Centennial Club

Coc esports are about who will fail and not who will prevail.

I love this game, and I love watching amazing attackers doing amazing attacks. I just feel that the current state of competitive wars is not how it should be. We are not happy for a team to get a 3* and we are sad for a team earning a high 2*. Maybe defence needs some love, not much just a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JustABarbarian View Post
    I love this game, and I love watching amazing attackers doing amazing attacks. I just feel that the current state of competitive wars is not how it should be. We are not happy for a team to get a 3* and we are sad for a team earning a high 2*. Maybe defence needs some love, not much just a little bit.
    I enjoy watching the wars come down to whether attacks end in 3 stars much more than watching the %. I'm sure others disagree, but for me it is more fun to watch. As for playing in wars myself, my opinion remains the same. It is more fun for me when it is about the stars and not the percentage (like it was at th11).

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Odd numbered th seem to lean toward offense (new hero) while even numbered th (no new hero) tend to be more defensive. At least that is how I see it. We are likely looking at 14-20 months of 2 stars after th14 drops (taking into account that offense typically dominates early th release until defensive upgrades catch up).

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleCallMeMaurice View Post
    Odd numbered th seem to lean toward offense (new hero) while even numbered th (no new hero) tend to be more defensive. At least that is how I see it. We are likely looking at 14-20 months of 2 stars after th14 drops (taking into account that offense typically dominates early th release until defensive upgrades catch up).
    My knowledge of the history of the coc meta isn't the greatest but I'm fairly sure that th11 was not an offense favored town hall until much later.

Quote Originally Posted by JustABarbarian View Post
    exactly. I am wondering who are the peoply playing COC esports now when there is no glory in a triple but you feel like an idiot when you fail...
    Last edited by Ajax; February 24th, 2021 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Removed insult

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    My knowledge of the history of the coc meta isn't the greatest but I'm fairly sure that th11 was not an offense favored town hall until much later.
    Spot on! It was the era of ‘dips’! 3 star 11v11 was so tough that 10s hit up for 2 star and the 11s dipped to kill the 10s (as 10v10 3 stars was still quite tough back then too).

I agree with OP. At Esport level the norm is 3 star and all 2 stars are a fail. What is then a success? A three star with a lot of swagged spells or something?

I loved the time when th10 was the top TH and two star was success. Three stars an unicorn. Also the meta when th11 was top th was good. I liked the percentage battles and all that and did not mind getting no three stars. But I know I am pretty alone with my opinnion. People like an offensive heavy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolg View Post
    I agree with OP. At Esport level the norm is 3 star and all 2 stars are a fail. What is then a success? A three star with a lot of swagged spells or something?

I loved the time when th10 was the top TH and two star was success. Three stars an unicorn. Also the meta when th11 was top th was good. I liked the percentage battles and all that and did not mind getting no three stars. But I know I am pretty alone with my opinnion. People like an offensive heavy game.
    In a game where the target is to get 3 stars, you want 2 stars to be the maximum realistic target?

TH10 was already top hall when clan wars was introduced (9th April 2014)..
    Given that tie breaks werent introduced until 17th September 2015, wars must have been real fun for you.

I feel that clan wars is the prime reason the game has continued to be successful for so long..
    And the majority of players arent into competitive play, so have no need for the difficulty level to be turned up to stupid hard..
    Since success is more fun, then it makes sense for SC to make having more fun available, within reason, as it will keep everyone coming back for more.
    "Within reason" is the discussion point, since skill level and in game interest will determine where that point ends.

As for ESL play.. To copy and paste OP's statement.. "We are not happy for a team to get a 3* and we are sad for a team earning a high 2*", You have to distinguish who the "We" is..
    It certainly doesnt include me.. And the likelihood is that it doesnt fully include those participants, as I am sure they will be happy they got the 3 star.
    i also think they will realise that 3 stars is never a given, no matter what some here seem to think, so they will likely see 3 stars as a success, rather than an expectancy.
    After all, its the worlds best players taking on the worlds best bases..
    Anyone can be world class viewing someone else without the pressure to accomplish, and the pro's make it look easy.
    if they feel they arent achieving anything, then surely they will stop doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    exactly. I am wondering who are the peoply playing COC esports now when there is no glory in a triple but you feel like an idiot when you fail...
    Completely agree with the "there is no glory in a triple but you feel like an idiot when you fail" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    The same people who played when there was no glory in a 2 star, but felt like an idiot when they got a 1 star or a low % 2 star. They also felt glory when they happened upon a rare 3 star too of course.

Also, for most in the tournament, there is still glory in a triple, especially when the stats show the results of multiple attacks. In other words, how many triples out of 5 attacks, etc. Is there glory in making a free throw in a basketball game when decent players make them 75% of the time? There is if the game is on the line. There also is glory in seeing you make your free throws 95% of the time while the average is less.
    Last edited by 2222; February 24th, 2021 at 03:09 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.