Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 100

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 4th air defence at th8

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryo0320 View Post
    it won't be cool , you're just a minority who says to add the 4th air defense , whereas the majority says not to , there will be 10 threads per day about the dragons nerf if this happened
    The thing is though adding a 4th air defence does not nerf the dragons because the dragons themselves are the same strength. It's just that the 4th air defence makes defence more powerful and dragons much harder to use. I'm not saying you're wrong but the 4th air defence will not kill th8 since people will adapt to using more goho and hog style attacks. The less experienced players will use gowipe and valkryes while some people may use dragons to destroy those bases with low level air defences or those that have air defences easy to get to with hog-sniping and back-end looning.

  2. #72
    Senior Member blazeaxel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    A planet which orbits a star.
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    The thing is though adding a 4th air defence does not nerf the dragons because the dragons themselves are the same strength. It's just that the 4th air defence makes defence more powerful and dragons much harder to use. I'm not saying you're wrong but the 4th air defence will not kill th8 since people will adapt to using more goho and hog style attacks. The less experienced players will use gowipe and valkryes while some people may use dragons to destroy those bases with low level air defences or those that have air defences easy to get to with hog-sniping and back-end looning.
    Just another thought, by adding another air defence, you are nerfing the baloons, the minions and the healer(as if she already isn't weak enough in th8). And buffing these will affect other town halls too, so yeah, i don't think the 4th air defense is worth the headaches.

    Made by, Be a Legend

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    Just another thought, by adding another air defence, you are nerfing the baloons, the minions and the healer(as if she already isn't weak enough in th8). And buffing these will affect other town halls too, so yeah, i don't think the 4th air defense is worth the headaches.
    No one uses balloonion at th8 as a 3 star attack in war because it was always a 2 star attack strategy. That's the one I used when I was a nooby th8 in 2015. I think people only used giant and healer when people put air defences on the outside of the base in 2014. Dragons are the strongest air attack and people will not choose to use a weaker air attack just for the sake of getting 1 star. Especially since balloons are predictable and minions are weak those attacks are already dead. IDK why minions are still in the game tbh. I think supercell likes to laugh and th7s with level 1 dark barracks but the real deal comes in with th7s who have level 2 dark barracks. The 4th air defence is the idea to defend against the strongest air attack, not the weakest of the weakest. I used to be such a noob that I used mass minions and it was still as effective as mass dragons but wouldn't use it today because bases are more advanced, but the offence is waaay to powerful. Maybe an extra defence at th8 that defends against air but I guess everyone hates the idea that I want extra defences even though they exist a th9 and adding them won't affect the flow of the game.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; March 2nd, 2021 at 10:55 AM.

  4. #74
    Senior Member blazeaxel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    A planet which orbits a star.
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    No one uses balloonion at th8 as a 3 star attack in war because it was always a 2 star attack strategy. That's the one I used when I was a nooby th8 in 2015. I think people only used giant and healer when people put air defences on the outside of the base in 2014. Dragons are the strongest air attack and people will not choose to use a weaker air attack just for the sake of getting 1 star. Especially since balloons are predictable and minions are weak those attacks are already dead. IDK why minions are still in the game tbh. I think supercell likes to laugh and th7s with level 1 dark barracks but the real deal comes in with th7s who have level 2 dark barracks. The 4th air defence is the idea to defend against the strongest air attack, not the weakest of the weakest. I used to be such a noob that I used mass minions and it was still as effective as mass dragons but wouldn't use it today because bases are more advanced, but the offence is waaay to powerful. Maybe an extra defence at th8 that defends against air but I guess everyone hates the idea that I want extra defences even though they exist a th9 and adding them won't affect the flow of the game.
    Ok, just tell me how expensive dragons are? Some players need to get that lix, as they are rushed, so they use loonion(which is an ok strategy by the way) and healers and giants are still used by the lower trophy th8's. I don't necessarily hate the idea, but it has quite a few headaches too, which I don't think are worth for a lower town hall.

    Made by, Be a Legend

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryo0320 View Post
    the fourth air defense is to satisfy my selfish needs to make sure people don't use dragons again , if they 3 your base , you start threeing theirs , what's such a big deal?
    YOU cannot make a good base , others can , i was in competitives a month earlier and i couldn't 3 the defender's base ( without CC tho ) , i threed using Goho tho , this shows that dragons are for noew TH 8s , if you will nerf them then no one will ever use them , not the thing people here would want
    Actually, in 2016 I made a th8 war base that lasted 6 months and guess what it got 3 starred by the first time it got 3 starred? dragons. I can make a good base it's just that I always get attacked by th9s in the war which is still a loss and they use dragons every time to take out 2 air defences. So it's still popular at th9. What's your list of features that make a good base? I've made many bases that withstand th8 attacks. When people 3 star my base it just means that they attacked well as of 2016 and 2017 but I no longer think of it that way in 2021.

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    Ok, just tell me how expensive dragons are? Some players need to get that lix, as they are rushed, so they use loonion(which is an ok strategy by the way) and healers and giants are still used by the lower trophy th8's. I don't necessarily hate the idea, but it has quite a few headaches too, which I don't think are worth for a lower town hall.
    Quite cheap actually, 140 000 elixir for an army of level 3 drags + 88000 elixir for spells. So they are quite cheap IMO. Th8 elixir storages are always full (mine are at least) so I don't really see the big deal you spend so much gold just to max th8 than you do to train just one attack and completely crush that well developed base which just negates the reason to upgrade walls.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; March 2nd, 2021 at 12:19 PM.

  7. #77
    Senior Member blazeaxel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    A planet which orbits a star.
    Posts
    358
    Th9's will easily overpower your base! They are a th ahead of you, and whatever strategy they use, unless they are very stupid, they can easily 3 star a th8 base which maybe the strongest on the planet.
    Last edited by blazeaxel; March 2nd, 2021 at 12:19 PM.

    Made by, Be a Legend

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    Th9's will easily overpower your base! They are a th ahead of you, and whatever strategy they use, unless they are very stupid, they can easily 3 star a th8 base which maybe the strongest on the planet.
    Yes but I always get attacked by them in war (and they are new th9s) so they have the same troops as th8 with a level 1 archer queen. But it is still proof.

  9. #79
    Senior Member blazeaxel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    A planet which orbits a star.
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Quite cheap actually, 140 000 elixir for an army of level 3 drags + 88000 elixir for spells. So they are quite cheap IMO. Th8 elixir storages are always full (mine are at least) so I don't really see the big deal you spend so much gold just to max th8 than you do to train just one attack and completely crush that well developed base which just negates the reason to upgrade walls.
    I am a higher town hall and i cannot afford the th8 dragon army, as i have just put troops on upgrade. So people, like me, resort to DE strategies if we do not have enough lix for the time being, or maybe a cheaper strategy to get some more lix instead of waiting for the collectors to give that elixir to me by production.

    Made by, Be a Legend

  10. #80
    Senior Member blazeaxel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    A planet which orbits a star.
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Yes but I always get attacked by them in war (and they are new th9s) so they have the same troops as th8 with a level 1 archer queen. But it is still proof.
    they may have more army space or more spell space too

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •