Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 4th air defence at th8

Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    We disagree, SC has the statistics I guess.

Zap dragons is currently a viable war and farming strategy at TH8.

This statement seems a bit excessive. TH8 has a variety of 3 star strategies (I think you wrote about hogs being your preference at TH8 in a recent thread), and a fourth air defense would only mean that it might become possible to make a base which can defend dragons.

TH9 is way harder to three star with just dragons, as every new defense and trap you get at TH9 targets (or cat target) air. This means that a lot of new players get to TH9 without a viable 3-star strategy, and they get demoralized I guess. The TH9 opponents I'm matching in mini wars are mainly one-man clans who know how to attack, or newbies who spam dragons.
    Exactly mate, the th10s and above haven't had the fun at the low town hall levels and really just focus on "progress" instead of actually enjoying the game. It isn't 'impossible' to 3 star th8 bases with 4 air defences. People though it would be difficult years ago to 3 star th7s with 3 air defences but it has proven to be more than doable and in fact I would call it balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I'm not the best clasher in the world but I think it will be quite doable to 3 star th8 bases in war with a fourth air defence using air since many people are not very good at building bases at th8. This is because I believe I am a good th8 attacker (even though I upgraded on my small account to th9 a few weeks ago I still consider myself to be very experienced at th8). They should add the fourth air defence because this will teach people not to spam dragons because it is impossible to 3 star a th9 with dragons at th9 not because of the 4th air defence but the xbows and all the high level buildings to. I guarantee you that if supercell added the 4th air defence, I would 3 star at least 50% of bases with dragons by zapping 2 AD and balloons in cc because people were able to 3 star bases in 2014 when you couldn't take out 2 air defences. Sure they added the air sweeper but it is still doable since the lightning spells are stronger and can easily be flanked. Now I can 3 star 100% bases with dragons at th8 because town hall 8 is too easy now so when people go to th9 they get stuck and don't know how to attack. There needs to be some sort of difficulty progression from town hall 7 and not just a new town hall 2 but on a bigger scale. I need to be able to lose on some of the bases or otherwise th8 might as well just be removed.
    You can remove town hall 8 by clicking the upgrade button on your town hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    You can remove town hall 8 by clicking the upgrade button on your town hall.
    see I don't want to remove th8. I just want to make it more difficult than th7 .

New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    SC has mentioned it time to time, that they want the progress faster. If dragons are a good strategy, then use it yourself. If one player attacks you, attack 2-3 players. Farming is all about gaining loot. Defending loot is never a good option. And who said people can't take your gold if you add a 4th AD. People will still take your loot by using barch and goblins. If you think your base is not defending well against dragon attacks then start learning basics about base designing. Keep your ADs far apart from each other and from air sweeper. Keep your black mines deep inside the base so that balloons do not tank them. Add storages near ADs. Spread out your base. Keep corner buildings.
    If you want, I can give you a base that defends dragons well ( most of the time they either time-fail or get 2 stars high percent, but not 3 stars).
    Do not ruin the game by adding more difficulties at lower town halls.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    I'm not the best clasher in the world but I think it will be quite doable to 3 star th8 bases in war with a fourth air defence using air since many people are not very good at building bases at th8. This is because I believe I am a good th8 attacker (even though I upgraded on my small account to th9 a few weeks ago I still consider myself to be very experienced at th8). They should add the fourth air defence because this will teach people not to spam dragons because it is impossible to 3 star a th9 with dragons at th9 not because of the 4th air defence but the xbows and all the high level buildings to. I guarantee you that if supercell added the 4th air defence, I would 3 star at least 50% of bases with dragons by zapping 2 AD and balloons in cc because people were able to 3 star bases in 2014 when you couldn't take out 2 air defences. Sure they added the air sweeper but it is still doable since the lightning spells are stronger and can easily be flanked. Now I can 3 star 100% bases with dragons at th8 because town hall 8 is too easy now so when people go to th9 they get stuck and don't know how to attack. There needs to be some sort of difficulty progression from town hall 7 and not just a new town hall 2 but on a bigger scale. I need to be able to lose on some of the bases or otherwise th8 might as well just be removed.
    Well SC want you to "remove" it by upgrading.

They don't want people who say "I still consider myself to be very experienced at th8".

Now you are perfectly entitled to choose to play that way, and they aren't going to do anything to stop you. But they also aren't going to do anything to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    SC has mentioned it time to time, that they want the progress faster. If dragons are a good strategy, then use it yourself. If one player attacks you, attack 2-3 players. Farming is all about gaining loot. Defending loot is never a good option. And who said people can't take your gold if you add a 4th AD. People will still take your loot by using barch and goblins. If you think your base is not defending well against dragon attacks then start learning basics about base designing. Keep your ADs far apart from each other and from air sweeper. Keep your black mines deep inside the base so that balloons do not tank them. Add storages near ADs. Spread out your base. Keep corner buildings.
    If you want, I can give you a base that defends dragons well ( most of the time they either time-fail or get 2 stars high percent, but not 3 stars).
    Do not ruin the game by adding more difficulties at lower town halls.
    Yh my old th8 has defended well against dragon attacks ... until they made lightning spells overpowered. So adding the 4th air defence is a good idea since when they get to th9 they have one less building to heavily focus on when upgrading and it also teaches people new attack strategies. I do use dragons on my new th9 and they are level 3 and still work well against almost maxed th9 bases so I think if it was at th8 maybe the game would be more fun and people could defend their gold better since they are not always online. Adding a 4th air defence is going to do nothing to people's progress but will make clan war leagues more fun since th8s are not always matched with th8s so the 4th air defence will also give a slightly higher chance of defending against th9s.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; 5 Days Ago at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well SC want you to "remove" it by upgrading.

They don't want people who say "I still consider myself to be very experienced at th8".

Now you are perfectly entitled to choose to play that way, and they aren't going to do anything to stop you. But they also aren't going to do anything to help you.
    if th8 is in the game. Why don't supercell care about it?

Because clash team consists of 24 members, they have to work on updates, e sports and other stuff can't work on a outdated town hall.
    Even town hall 9 is not in clash team balance radar and when town hall 14 will come even town hall 10 will be out of balance radar.
    Last edited by Ullaspn; 5 Days Ago at 01:01 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Because it is seriously outdated.

It is still there, as are TH3-7, as part of the progression path from starting. But all Town Halls more than 2 behind the current highest are expected to be easy to three star, and are not intended for players to linger in.

They are not likely to remove any Town Halls. But they are also unlikely to make any balancing changes to town halls so far away from the highest.

Right now dragons and hogs are both good attacks at th8. Adding a 4th AD changes it to just hogs being good at th8. It doesn't increase diversity of attacking. There are some keys to building the th8 base design that will make dragon attacking harder, yes, even against zaps. If you're defending against a very experienced th8 player who knows how to funnel, use backside loons for protected archer towers, etc. then you're likely to see a 3 star, as you should at th8. Players playing th8 for the first time still often have trouble against th8s with dragons if the th8s are designed well, many are not.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.