Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 100

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 4th air defence at th8

  1. #41
    Forum All-Star
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Exactly but the question is how do we convince all the people that are blinded to th8. People just use dragons at th9 but most of the time fail because there was no reason to use a govaho at th8 (since it requires lots of dark elixir to upgrade) when you can just complete 1 upgrade in the lab and go out thrashing every base you see. The problem is that th8 can only work if the attacker is bad. It doesn't matter how good the 'BEST BASE' is as long as the attacker is bad. I think supercell focus too much on the higher town hall levels and not give enough credit to the lower ones. People should not play games because they want to progress. They should play because the want to have fun.
    Why are you so concerned about only th8 and not th3-7 also? Are they not easier in 2021 than they were in 2015? Maxed troops have gotten stronger and lower th defense have not so its understandable for them to be easier. Your concerned about a th that is a stepping stone and not a relevant one anymore.

    Why wouldn't someone play a game to progess? That is the point of most games.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; March 1st, 2021 at 01:26 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Why are you so concerned about only th8 and not th3-7 also? Are they not easier in 2021 than they were in 2015? Maxed troops have gotten stronger and lower th defense have not so its understandable for them to be easier. Your concerned about a th that is a stepping stone and not a relevant one anymore.

    Why wouldn't someone play a game to progess? That is the point of most games.
    I progress on my th10 account and I am also concerned about th7 but I don't say anything about it because it is balanced already. I think that th8 is a nice change of pace but I don't want to be able to blindly 3 star maxed out bases with th8 by upgrading one troop in the laboratory. It's not really a stepping stone anymore because it is the same difficulty as th2. A stepping stone should be slightly harder than an earlier one which th8 is failing to achieve. Th8 was the most fun town hall and I have a lot of my CoC nostalgia base on it. th7 in 2015 was actually way EASIER because in 2016 supercell decided to add that third air defence which made it completely fair. th6 also became more challenging since they also added the second air defence in 2016. Coc th8 is not the way it is supposed to be. It's ironic that it's waaay easier than even th4 since this area of the game is ludicrously broken. Last war, I used my th7 account with dragons + rage and heal combo to 3 star a th8 with level 6 air defences. It was the same difficulty as a th6 3 starring a th5 because they made the dragons breathe fire faster than in 2015 and gave them a smarter ai. I partially think the reason why a lot of clashers left (not a reference to me) for some of the years of the game is that they made the lower town hall levels too easy to 3 star and they made the game very grindy. If the speed of the progress is like 2021, but the difficulty of th8 is 2015, while the difficulty of th7-th6 is of 2016, I think it could be very enjoyable on all levels. I understand they can't nerf the lightning spell so adding a 4th air defence will be nostalgic to 2016 and will not clash with th14.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryo0320 View Post
    You want 4th air defense ? get that season bank loot and reach TH 9 , supercell shouldn't care much for lower TH , they really shouldn't , the fun should be on the maxed TH always , please , its not bad saying TH 8 would have 4th air defense , i won't say its bad , but its not really needed either , what do they call it ? not-needed / unnecessary . you'll say still add it , then people will use goho , which is also as strong as any other strat , don't ask for another wizard tower then , just upgrade to TH 9 then
    I can't think of a single person who uses goho. At least it takes more to learn and requires more skill. Goho is also easier to defend against. I guess it may not be needed. But c'mon at least something has to be done to balance th8 against dragons. Do you have an even better idea that will defeat dragons at th8? Because I've thought of a lot of possibilities and this one seems less disruptive to th13s than any of the other ideas I can think of.

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I can't think of a single person who uses goho. At least it takes more to learn and requires more skill. Goho is also easier to defend against. I guess it may not be needed. But c'mon at least something has to be done to balance th8 against dragons. Do you have an even better idea that will defeat dragons at th8? Because I've thought of a lot of possibilities and this one seems less disruptive to th13s than any of the other ideas I can think of.
    You just aren't listening to what has been said here are you?

    NO, nothing needs to be done - nor will be done to balance it.

    You would like it, because you want to play TH8 with some challenge. But that doesn't make it "needed", and it is not likely to happen.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    465
    So I dusted off my near max th 8, ran some wars. I got hit 6 times in 3 wars. Not much of a sample I know. I got hit 3 times with drag lightning. Only 1 was a 3*. I got hit twice with a hog combo, both were 3*s, and got hit with gowipe once for 1*. Bad sample i know. But if drag lightning is as strong at th 8 as op claims, there should've been 6 3* drag lightning attacks and there wasn't. Th 8 is pretty balanced. You can base build to defend dragon attacks.

    Side note: my defense log was 3 dragon attack, 2 hog attacks, 3 goblin armies and the rest gowipe. It seems that if you see a lot of dragons its because you're base has a weakness to them. The only 3* drag attack on my farming base was by a th 9. And yes all used lightnings.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    So I dusted off my near max th 8, ran some wars. I got hit 6 times in 3 wars. Not much of a sample I know. I got hit 3 times with drag lightning. Only 1 was a 3*. I got hit twice with a hog combo, both were 3*s, and got hit with gowipe once for 1*. Bad sample i know. But if drag lightning is as strong at th 8 as op claims, there should've been 6 3* drag lightning attacks and there wasn't. Th 8 is pretty balanced. You can base build to defend dragon attacks.

    Side note: my defense log was 3 dragon attack, 2 hog attacks, 3 goblin armies and the rest gowipe. It seems that if you see a lot of dragons its because you're base has a weakness to them. The only 3* drag attack on my farming base was by a th 9. And yes all used lightnings.
    My base was not a weakness to them. I just know that if I perform any attacks with 8 lightning spells and dragons I would 3* every time and my opponents do too because my opponents tend to be quite good at the game. I believe myself to be quite experienced at th8 and I upgraded to th9 about 3 weeks ago. However, I built a war base after a year of returning (about a month ago) then the guy attacked me with gowipe and got a 99% 2 star but that guy didn't know the lightning trick. If he did he would've got a guaranteed 3 star. Some of the things I say may be an exaggeration but if it was up to me. I would 3 star almost every time. I'm not boasting because th8 dragons is OP. Your sample seems ok I guess but the fact that your base got 3 starred by hogs twice goes to show that if you want to defend against dragons, you have to sacrifice your base to make it susceptible to everything else. The fourth air defence will allow people to focus on defending ground attacks. It's 'pretty' balanced but not as balanced as th7 is at the moment. I may have spent too long on th8 in 2016 so that's why I'm claiming it to be 'easy'. But with a 4th air defence, I may want to use govaho again. I was able to use govaho even before the lightning buff. But if you say th8 is balanced, I will try it again and see. If I can defend one dragon attack, I will quote you for it as you may actually be correct but I can't see any way that 10 dragons could lose to 1 air defence, 5 archer towers, 3 teslas, 2 seeking air mines, 4 air bombs, 2 skeles and 1 cc dragon.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; March 1st, 2021 at 03:31 PM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You just aren't listening to what has been said here are you?

    NO, nothing needs to be done - nor will be done to balance it.

    You would like it, because you want to play TH8 with some challenge. But that doesn't make it "needed", and it is not likely to happen.
    Yep nothing has to be done. But I would like it though. I would still like to go back to th8 at some time though as it is nostalgic.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; March 1st, 2021 at 03:32 PM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    My base was not a weakness to them. I just know that if I perform any attacks with 8 lightning spells and dragons I would 3* every time and my opponents do too because my opponents tend to be quite good at the game. I believe myself to be quite experienced at th8 and I upgraded to th9 about 3 weeks ago. However, I built a war base after a year of returning (about a month ago) then the guy attacked me with gowipe and got a 99% 2 star but that guy didn't know the lightning trick. If he did he would've got a guaranteed 3 star. Some of the things I say may be an exaggeration but if it was up to me. I would 3 star almost every time. I'm not boasting because th8 dragons is OP. Your sample seems ok I guess but the fact that your base got 3 starred by hogs twice goes to show that if you want to defend against dragons, you have to sacrifice your base to make it susceptible to everything else. The fourth air defence will allow people to focus on defending ground attacks. It's 'pretty' balanced but not as balanced as th7 is at the moment. I may have spent too long on th8 in 2016 so that's why I'm claiming it to be 'easy'. But with a 4th air defence, I may want to use govaho again. I was able to use govaho even before the lightning buff. But if you say th8 is balanced, I will try it again and see. If I can defend one dragon attack, I will quote you for it as you may actually be correct but I can't see any way that 10 dragons could lose to 1 air defence, 5 archer towers, 3 teslas, 2 seeking air mines, 4 air bombs, 2 skeles and 1 cc dragon.
    Someone with many years of experience like you should be able to 3 star th8 very consistently with the most powerful th8 troop. The game absolutely should not be balanced at th8 based on a player like you. It should be balanced based on the players who just started for the first time and used the now reduced build times, books, potions and hammers to get to th8 very quickly. Those are the "real" th8 players to be concerned with. If perma-max th8 players find it to easy, good, they should, and they should upgrade.

    Dragons do still fail to 3 star th8s even with 2 ADs zapped away. If the base design is very good, that helps a lot. Still, a very experienced attacker should usually 3 star with it. Th8 is very close to the start of the game.

    You keep saying a 4th AD would add diversity, but it would instead just totally ruin air attacking. I don't see how a well designed base would be 3 starred by dragons at th8 if another AD was added to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    ... If you make an anti dragon th8 base as of 2021 I applaud you. I haven't tried so myself ....
    This far into the thread and you're just now telling us you have never tried to actually design the base to defend specifically against dragons?
    Last edited by 2222; March 1st, 2021 at 05:12 PM.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Someone with many years of experience like you should be able to 3 star th8 very consistently with the most powerful th8 troop. The game absolutely should not be balanced at th8 based on a player like you. It should be balanced based on the players who just started for the first time and used the now reduced build times, books, potions and hammers to get to th8 very quickly. Those are the "real" th8 players to be concerned with. If perma-max th8 players find it to easy, good, they should, and they should upgrade.

    Dragons do still fail to 3 star th8s even with 2 ADs zapped away. If the base design is very good, that helps a lot. Still, a very experienced attacker should usually 3 star with it. Th8 is very close to the start of the game.

    You keep saying a 4th AD would add diversity, but it would instead just totally ruin air attacking. I don't see how a well designed base would be 3 starred by dragons at th8 if another AD was added to it.



    This far into the thread and you're just now telling us you have never tried to actually design the base to defend specifically against dragons?
    Actually I did make a design but the guy attacked me with gowipe instead.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Someone with many years of experience like you should be able to 3 star th8 very consistently with the most powerful th8 troop. The game absolutely should not be balanced at th8 based on a player like you. It should be balanced based on the players who just started for the first time and used the now reduced build times, books, potions and hammers to get to th8 very quickly. Those are the "real" th8 players to be concerned with. If perma-max th8 players find it to easy, good, they should, and they should upgrade.

    Dragons do still fail to 3 star th8s even with 2 ADs zapped away. If the base design is very good, that helps a lot. Still, a very experienced attacker should usually 3 star with it. Th8 is very close to the start of the game.

    You keep saying a 4th AD would add diversity, but it would instead just totally ruin air attacking. I don't see how a well designed base would be 3 starred by dragons at th8 if another AD was added to it.



    This far into the thread and you're just now telling us you have never tried to actually design the base to defend specifically against dragons?
    Yes I do think sometimes there may be a possibility to 3 star th8 bases with a 4th air defence. Lightning 2 air defences, then attack the base from one side to destroy 1 air defence, then get the back-end hogs to snipe the other air defence. It won't work all the time, but this could work. I have built many bases to defend specifically against dragons in 2016, 2017 and they lasted a while but one guy was always able to beat them in the end with 2 lightnings and a rage. If they can do that then, how am I supposed to defend against them now as someone has the possibility to do lightning and 2 rages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •