Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 100 of 100

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 4th air defence at th8

  1. #91
    Forum Veteran SumoSloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I don't think anyone cares for th5. But th8 is the middle ground in the game so that's why I care about it. Below th8 is kind of the beginner ground.
    Maybe you just need to shift your thinking. TH8 is not the middle ground, nor should it be thought of as so. It's a small bump on the journey to TH13 and soon to be TH14. To me below TH10 is the beginning part of the game, you could make a potentially valid argument on Th9 being middle ground, but for TH8, that ship has sailed long ago and is now one of the early TH's that's not really worth spending a lot of time at.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

  2. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    Maybe you just need to shift your thinking. TH8 is not the middle ground, nor should it be thought of as so. It's a small bump on the journey to TH13 and soon to be TH14. To me below TH10 is the beginning part of the game, you could make a potentially valid argument on Th9 being middle ground, but for TH8, that ship has sailed long ago and is now one of the early TH's that's not really worth spending a lot of time at.
    Th8 is more than half way between th1 and th13 so that's my logic. It's true though even if th8 is just as challenging as th2.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I don't think anyone cares for th5. But th8 is the middle ground in the game so that's why I care about it. Below th8 is kind of the beginner ground.
    Th8 is still beginner ground. Itís an area of the game where an experienced attacker should consistently be able to triple, no matter the base. Balancing is not catered to them, itís catered to newer players with less experience. Those attackers will still sometimes fail at the current th8 balancing, allowing for room to grow. Adding a 4th air defense will mean even highly experienced dragon attackers will often fail, which isnít something that goes in line to what th8 is supposed to be: a stepping stone to higher, more competitive town halls.

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGamingDragon View Post
    Th8 is still beginner ground. Itís an area of the game where an experienced attacker should consistently be able to triple, no matter the base. Balancing is not catered to them, itís catered to newer players with less experience. Those attackers will still sometimes fail at the current th8 balancing, allowing for room to grow. Adding a 4th air defense will mean even highly experienced dragon attackers will often fail, which isnít something that goes in line to what th8 is supposed to be: a stepping stone to higher, more competitive town halls.
    Yep but still more challenging than th7? (th7 is actually harder IMO)

  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Th8 is more than half way between th1 and th13 so that's my logic. It's true though even if th8 is just as challenging as th2.
    Thatís not how it works. Early town halls go by much, much faster than late-game town halls.

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGamingDragon View Post
    Thatís not how it works. Early town halls go by much, much faster than late-game town halls.
    Yep. That makes more sense.

  7. #97
    Forum Veteran SumoSloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Th8 is more than half way between th1 and th13 so that's my logic. It's true though even if th8 is just as challenging as th2.
    That statement is so false in so many ways. The only thing about that idea which is true is that 8 is more than halfway to 13 on a number line. However in terms of time it takes to play the game and get to being a max TH13, TH8 is not remotely close to the halfway point.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Yep but still more challenging than th7? (th7 is actually harder IMO)
    I actually agree that th7 is slightly harder than th8 for dragons, but a 4th ad would be overkill to counter that. A second sweeper or 3rd and 4th sams would be a more reasonable balance, and at that point why bother. Th8 is still challenging for less experienced players.

  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    That statement is so false in so many ways. The only thing about that idea which is true is that 8 is more than halfway to 13 on a number line. However in terms of time it takes to play the game and get to being a max TH13, TH8 is not remotely close to the halfway point.
    Yep. Ok now I see how it is.

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGamingDragon View Post
    I actually agree that th7 is slightly harder than th8 for dragons, but a 4th ad would be overkill to counter that. A second sweeper or 3rd and 4th sams would be a more reasonable balance, and at that point why bother. Th8 is still challenging for less experienced players.
    Yep "why bother". At this point I think everyone has established that a 4th AD is not coming to the game any time soon for th8.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •